Remember that drtx was under $9 a year ago and cemp is basically at the same point they were at then, not to mention that Cempra appears to have the superior product.
I think Gilead is just in a holding pattern for the time being. It can't go up all the time. I expect it to breakout at some point ahead of its upcoming second quarter earnings report however, where it will again blow away estimates. That report will be in about 5 weeks.
I'm a much better macrolide than Z-Pak, whose peak sales were 2 billion in 2011. Despite that I have all the looks of the greatest macrolide ever my parent company Cempra has a market cap of a wimpy 300 million. I guess there aren't many investors out there these days who like the idea of future money. I also have a little brother named Taksta who agrees with me on this 100%.
It's niche is the fact that it has a better side effect profile than the current best in class medications. MoxDuo is abuse resistant because it is immediate acting, whereas the medications that are generally abused are long acting opiods that can be crushed for powerful immediate effects.
After it is officially approved in 3 weeks.
Worst case i see at this point is stock sells short term down to 13.50 level, less than a 10 percent decline. Best case is it jumps up 25% on approval in 3 weeks and its peak earnings of 2 billion a year are realized over the next few years as patients realize thay'd rather give a stool sample than get scoped up the ###, with the multiple raising the stock price abour 10 times what the pps currently is.
Somewhat though good buy and hold candidate now that it has been derisked. 1b market cap with peak sales est. of 1 to 2 billion is a good price considering the multiple, and should be lots of demand for this as opposed to people getting scoped. Some good short term run up op with fda vote less than 3 wks away and IBB at low point for buyers, too.
IBB dropped because of the news on GILD that brought it down. I feel pretty confident IBB will rebound next week, which should bring DRTX back up.
I think the higher the stock goes the more likely the company pursues further development of its shingles medication. I bought a little at 2.25.
And if you want less risk what the hell are you doing investing in biotech stocks in the first place, much less in the prospects of next generation drugs that have not yet been approved much less hit the market?
Totally BS article. I'd exoect no better from that garbage peddling "get rich quick" scheming website. The article states cubist offers "the most potential upside for the least amount of risk," which is totally idiotic. Yes it offers the least amount of risk but with a market cap that is more than 12 times that of durata's anybody with any degree of critical thinking ability can plainly see that durata has much greater potential upside.
I like the June options. Early second quarter for 2b results, too risky to assume they will be in time for the April call IMO.
Haha good call out of the shorty Frank. This stock is poised to pop on near term positive 2b data and its finances will be all better at that point in time. Nobody knows what a company may do in the future. It may do a secondary offering at some point. It may get bought out at 30 bucks. No one knows. It can be seen however though that there is not likely to be a need for another offering anytime soon.
I imagine this is mostly profit taking. The stock has been on a huge run since it was in the low $4s just a few months ago. Wish I had gotten in sooner. At less than a third of the market cap as irwd it still has plenty of room to run though.
Market makes no sense sometimes. This stock was red hot a couple weeks ago. Nothing has changed other than that theyve hired a Marino Garcia for corporate development, which should be a boon to the company. This guy has been brought in specifically to handle the business of getting plecanatide to market, which certainly has to be considered a positive for the current 2b trial as well. If things weren''t going well on the development side the focus would not be shifting to hiring new personnel for the business side.
Again the entire biotech sector is down. Maybe more people are getting out of biotech to get into the broader economy with things looking pretty good for it in the immediate future? That's my theory, broader market up again today. I like the news for sgyp today though. I hold that we can infer from it clinical success and the start of serious business negotiations related to finding a partner to sell placanatide or even a future buyout. IRWDs sales numbers should help as well. Though it has yet to become profitable it is showing strong growth, with quarter-to-quarter sales recently reported as up 45%.
This tells us 2 things: 1. The latest clinical results are going to be positive, because they wouldn't bring this guy aboard unless they were certain that it's time to negotiate. 2. A partnership or buyout will likely be in this company's not-so-distant future.