Again the entire biotech sector is down. Maybe more people are getting out of biotech to get into the broader economy with things looking pretty good for it in the immediate future? That's my theory, broader market up again today. I like the news for sgyp today though. I hold that we can infer from it clinical success and the start of serious business negotiations related to finding a partner to sell placanatide or even a future buyout. IRWDs sales numbers should help as well. Though it has yet to become profitable it is showing strong growth, with quarter-to-quarter sales recently reported as up 45%.
This tells us 2 things: 1. The latest clinical results are going to be positive, because they wouldn't bring this guy aboard unless they were certain that it's time to negotiate. 2. A partnership or buyout will likely be in this company's not-so-distant future.
CTRV has done that in just the past week. Wish I'd bought more when I first got my shares.
You assume that MDCO hasn't tainted it credibility with the FDA with the clinical fraud that it has been cited with recently. It is a company that is in some very turbulent waters right now. Moreover studies on Oritavancin have shown that vanco resistance could provide some level if protection for bacteria, shown by an increase in the minimum inhibitory concentration.
It's highly unlikely for dalbavancin to be rejected given the results of its 15 clinical trials over the years.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
You're comparing essentially a bolus therapy to continuous infusion in vanco. The real pricing advantage for dalbavancin is that it will be capable of being done on an outpatient basis ie. shorter hospital stays/no hospital stays. The hospitalizations themselves are what really rack up the bills, not to mention contributing to ongoing nosocomial infections within facilities. This is why the trend has been towards shorter hospital stays and more outpatient options over the past decade or so.
Found the infor I was looking for. P3 initially planned to be done by mid year with results in second half. Now theyre saying 4th quarter and 1st quarter. So about 3 to 6 months later than initially projected.
Yeah i hear you. I waited a few and bought at 11.07 thinking there'd be resistance at 11.00. In the big picture it hardly matters as we are buying long and this should be a blockbuster in a few years time. You can't time the market though and you can't really call tops nor bottoms with a high degree of certainty either.
I've more than doubled my positions. Will add even more if it drops another 5 percent. A 50 percent gain from current levels looks likely to me by then. I did the same thing last year with hrtx when it received its crl and sold off. Now it has doubled in price.
Has the length of the delay been stated? I know I've read 2015 but just wondering how many months. Results were originally expected in second half of this year.
I know what you mean. When i first got into stocks i bought shares of nflx for 80 bucks and then sold for a 5 percent return on that day only to watch it then go about another 28 plus percent on that day alone. It hasn't faired too poorly in the time since.
States it has received positive feedback from the EMA and is highly confident that Contrave will receive a positive opinion from the CHMP at the end of its review.