Athens, I don't think they are failing to land a partner due to ineptness. I think they have taken a hard line stance on their projections and what they believe PATH is worth, and what their demands are but suitors simply aren't giving them the terms that they have stood by from the beginning.
My opinion of the worst case scenario of why a deal hasn't been inked would be pride. Best case scenario is that they are so overly confident in the sales projections that they view GIA and a dilution as a mere speed bump.
I bought this stock in December before the FDA approval and have been holding ever since. At this point I'd rather hold and lose my money then sell and lose the chance to hit it. Worst case scenario is having to continue to hold the stock for another year.
Ken, I think there is room for electric vehicles but Tesla's is very expensive and that is with a federal incentive. Tax dollars have been supporting Tesla sales and the average person still cannot afford one. The amount of Nat Gas that has been discovered surpasses increases in demand. Other countries are using fracking technology now as well. If Nat Gas wasn't an answer then there would not be so much capital deployment in the industry directed towards Nat Gas fueling stations, engines, vehicles, engineering...etc. They are using fleet vehicles to help get the infrastructure established, which is the hardest part of this endeavor. This is not a zero sum game and there is plenty of room in this economy for electric and Nat Gas.
Haha athens that's an interesting point but I have seen some insane things, and it doesn't necessarily bar the company from declining further negotiations if they cannot come to an agreement, and still decide to go it alone. Let's hope we get a partnership, it won't give us a grand slam that a buyout would but it gives longer term investors a chance to make substantial gains as revenue manifests on the Financial Statements.
Yes, If I had to make assumptions I would say they have not had been bought out, but a partnership does seem like the most likely scenario. I have never been involved in a company that has drug this process out so long so I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. There may be circumstances that would make the wait logical.
Concurrently I don't recall ever spending so much time reviewing and following lease agreements. But that is because PATH gives us very little to work with, let's just hope that is because they are finalizing a deal.