Yes, it's definitely a sell the news event. Looks like I'll be holding longer and if it gets back down to 6 cents consider buying more.
FWIW it also traded up from $8 to $33 so I guess the longs made a ton of money and the shorts got crushed. It all depends on what time frame you are looking at. And most of the rise and fall took place in 6 weeks. My guess is that a lot of people here got in after the fall so they are just waiting for the news to push it up. Personally made money on the way up and lost some on the way down. Now about even on the last purchases, overall ahead of the game.
Have you even looked at the presentation on the website? As mentioned in several threads here the EC145 plus Doxcil performed the same in Ph2 and Ph3 studies. However the control arm doubled in PFS over many trials over the last 10 years. Unfortunately I smell a rat but can't be proved since controls in experiments should be relatively constant and not suddenly perform twice as well as in the past.
This stays in the 6's until we get results on NSCLC
Exactly what was said on May 1 last year. The control group improved markedly over previous studies, by about 2 to 3 months. That is why the Ph3 study was stopped and the EU request pulled. Old news nothing new here just reported in a case study presentation.
I guess it's the final data from the trial that was stopped because the Control Arm showed improvement while the 145 stayed constant. Some might think it was strange that the control arm improved since thew design of these trials is to eliminate movement in the control. Sort of like trying to hit a moving target when it moves. Cost a lot of investors a lot of money when the DSMB recommended the trial be halted.
What did you expect a brass band and a bombshell announcement? Thought it was a good call and they layed out the plans for the year. Dose escalation and expansion into trials. Plenty of money to support all. The important thing I heard was the admission that Vintafolide is not marketable without partnering it with 1456 since 1456 is a replacement for Vinta. And that they did not need to partner at this time.
Back to a developmental stage company with several drugs in the pipeline. So we wait until late 2016 for results. It's only 22 months away :)