Also, the question to ask is whether NVAX would be willing to sell them just the NVAX RSV knowing that they would directly compete with NVAX combo. Maybe or maybe not - like Samsung selling smartphone components to Apple.
In my opinion,
1. combining NVAX RSV with their own flu vaccine isn't much of a patent issue, rather an FDA issue, as the safety of having RSV and others' flu in one vial would not have been tested. I do not see a patent issue as NVAX RSV would be purchased to be sold with their own flu, as long as the NVAX RSV is not altered or engineered in different ways.
2. no one is prevented from combining their own RSV with flu. It is like smartphones; you can certainly manufacture and sell phones with computer functions as long as such would not infringe existing patents - design, mechanism, engineering, etc.
NVAX patent would not only protect the chemical compounds in the RSV vaccine, but also how they interact -metabolic pathway, cycle, etc. Also, most often than not, you'll see a bundle of patents, but not a single patent, to prevent others from patenting similar compounds or pathways to achieve similar results - like cialis vs. viagra.
We have been here long enough to know that there is no answer to that. The thing about NVAX is that when we think that it stopped sinking it sinks further, and when it goes up keeps going up as if there is no ceiling. I had personally foreseen two secondary offerings in the past but held onto my shares regardless for the same reason. It is unpredictable. But what I know for sure is that if I hold my shares, I won't miss the bus.
They definitely made a lot of money and will make a lot more. That's the sad truth. All we can do is to ride out the storm sitting patiently. All we need to know we already know.
True. But in his or her defense, I don't see the difference between kobiashi, "the hotdog lover," and this guy.
the management because there is NONE to give.
"Novavax expects that, in connection with the capped call transactions, the option counterparties or their respective affiliates will enter into various hedging transactions, including (without limitation) derivative transactions with respect to Novavax’ common stock and/or to purchase Novavax’ common stock concurrently with or shortly after the pricing of the Notes. This activity could impact the market price of Novavax’ common stock or the Notes at that time, and could result in a higher effective conversion price for the Notes. In addition, the option counterparties and/or their respective affiliates may, from time to time, modify their hedge positions by entering into or unwinding various hedging positions, including (without limitation) derivative transactions with respect to Novavax’ common stock and/or by purchasing or selling Novavax’ common stock or other securities of Novavax in secondary market transactions. This activity could also impact the market price of Novavax’ common stock or the Notes, which could affect the value of the shares that a holder of Notes receives upon conversion of the Notes."
PLUS the broad market downturn EQUALS the current SP.
If the management gave in to angry retail shareholders' inquiries, their explanation would not be any different than the equation above.
I'm more skeptic than most here. But one thing I don't do and can't stand is the never-ending complaint about the same thing that has been thoroughly discussed. You may have a pair but apparently they are obsolete. If you don't like what you see, then sell. #$%$ is not the best approach to investing. Taking action after DD is.
At this point, I feel like I'm watching a brush fire across the river. I simply can't relate to this because I can and will wait for a long time.
They decided to go this route to avoid dilution, not in the near future but down the road. I rarely say this but mark my word. Later in the year, this will just be a faint memory. LOL
LOL agenda... I, for instance, share my opinion because I have gone through similarly awful situations in the past. It sucks. But I also endured the pain and am in a much better position now. But look, you can always sell your shares and free yourself from all this mess. No one is forcing you to hold. What's worth if you get a cardiac arrest from anguish.
Financing does not occur overnight. They planned this a couple of months ago. They probably didn't foresee this bloodbath. As I stated before, my guess is that the management decided to have a fat wallet before going into a overseas partnership. Or maybe they figured that running two Phase III trials cost a lot more than expected and didn't want to place the company in a precarious situation with low cash balance. To be honest with you, I don't buy when Stan says "there's no need to raise money in the foreseeable future." I believe in 2014 there was a secondary offering two weeks later after he said that. Things change in the corporate world and adjustments have to be made. As someone said, you don't wait for the money to run out to raise the new money.