Hey Historian, doing well! Just packing and waiting for school to end. Moving to Cleveland in June....but all is good. I hope you're doing good!
So, I have a son with Type 1 diabetes. With Afrezza coming to market, I would rather let others go through the trial and error phase of the consumer. In fact, our endocrinologist said he is waiting as well before prescribing the drug.
Who said Cancer? The warnings on Afrezza itself comments on asthmatics, etc. basically saying if you have respiratory problems you may experience some negative effects.
Yeah JD....I'm trying to remove emotion from MNKD as I have a Type 1 Diabetic son. I think insulin method has potential to be a good thing if they can wrap their research around if it causes lung damage. Actually, what diabetic wouldn't want that type of delivery system if it passes the lung test?
Thanks Mike, It has looked crazy. I sold sometime back at 20.30 and missed half of the runup. I've, of course, been watching everyday and who knows what tomorrow holds....but it seems to be the dump and reload thing again. Maybe shorts are piling on again...look at MNKD. I cna't get myself to pull the trigger there yet.
You are a pathetic liar, and loser for being such.
I have a Type 1 Diabetic son, and am in the know about such things....you are simply wrong.....
However, perhaps you can educate me (us). Please provide your source of information. Diabetics have many things going against them, but that's not one of them.
Honestly, the pump is a pain in the tail. My son is on the Omnipod, which is tubeless....but if Afrezza takes off, I think there a great risk to the pump manufacturers as products like Lantus or Humolog coupled with the inhaled insulin would really "free" people. We have had almost if not as much success with either of those two than a basil drip rate from the pump.
Again, I really want this product to work, and I think there is tremendous potential.
I have a child with type 1 diabetes. We are 9 years into this and have done pumps and MDI. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Our Endo has commented that he wants to see more time "under the belt" insofar as the effects on the lungs before he "pulls the trigger" so to speak.
We look at this as very positive. His comment really rings true. What we are doing today is NOT what we did 5 years ago as it won't be what we're doing 5 years from now.
I am pulling for this product on a personal level and really would like to buy some shares....I'm trying to determine business sense -vs- emotional sense.
I have played VLO over the years....well, that and MRO. I chose to jump in today....and who knows what tomorrow holds. Oil is hugely volatile right now and VLO seems to move more than others for what ever reason.
I don't see this as negatively impacting the stock. I do see it as preparations to be a standalone....or at least there is no true deal in the works for a buy out.....yet.
It's tough to watch....I was even cautious when I pulled the trigger this morning getting back in...you just never know where the Big Boys are going. They say "Follow the money", but it's hard when we're blind to follow anything
I sold a few weeks back all of my holdings in INSM @ 18.78 and 19.20 in two accounts. While I made money, I sure missed out on the unanticipated run into the 22's.
Anyway, I've had buy orders in for several days on this pullback, and today one block filled at 18.53.....so, I'm back in. This last time was the longest I've been without any holdings in INSM in the past 7(+/-) years.
Congrats to those that traded and made cash, and congrats to those that held and are on the plus side.
(Terry, you may politely get bent)
So, are you saying there is no value in what they have done to this point. I find it extremely telling on your part to say "no one" can put a price in this company....
Back to the cage for you
I have often wondered that. Seems like there will be some consolidation in the industry I read in a report today. No mention of MRO, but you know how it goes.