I meant to add Black Rock to the group of activists, but forgot, they own over 10m shares in various funds. IF they thought Ron sucked along with Ormbimed, Baker Brothers, Redmile, Umm, Ron would be gone in one hour. These funds along with Vanguard own near 58% of arry. They just need read the whining here is all.
Really, you think you know more than redmile group, arry is their largest holding, top 5 hedge fund in 2014, really now.
Activist Baker brothers, who just added 294% to their holdings have not asked for NEW ceo,
How about, Samuel Isaly, of Ormbimed Advisors, upped their steak to over 9m, no ranting for no new ceo their either.
We have no less than 4 founds who own over 30% of Arry common, all run by activist managers, what are they missing that andswhisper sees? Absolutely nothing. If these known activists have been adding for over a year or so to their ARRY position, with this supposed inept CEO, and has taken no action, it is strange indeed.
They need come here, read ands posts, so they can get that QUICK pop on a new ceo announcement. What are they ALL THINKING.
No I have been out of NWBO for some time. Made 29.91% on the trade, and have not looked back. Granted nwbo could be the biggest winner in years, if their phase studies pan out, or bust to under 1.00. The more I thought about Linda, the CEO owning cognate, and nwbo shares going to cognate to pay cognate for services, I became skeptical and sold. At that time the cognate shares had a lock up period, and they also got their shares at a discount to the market. I believe the lock up is over and cognate, which owns a ton of nwbo can now sell. If Linda did not own cognate, I might not have sold Nwbo, but that situation, Linda paying Linda made me nervous. That and extending phase 3 data well beyond the cognate lock up period which I also found curious. If phase 3 was bad , nwbo would be worthless, extending the phase 3 well beyond lock up allows cognate to sell well before good or bad phase 3 could be released.
“What we’re looking at is overlaying a layer of products in a similar kind of area to ourselves, these high-potency products, coming through the Opko pipeline.
“The difference being that the majority of products we develop at the moment are actually generic products whereas quite a number of the products coming through the Opko pipeline are actually new chemical entities, new products.
“So that’s exciting and quite different from what we’ve been doing. And the other part is that they already have in their portfolio of companies a company that makes the active raw materials that we use in our products, and there’s the potential there for vertical integration, with the raw material coming from their site in Israel, into the Waterford site for manufacture and distribution into the market,” Carney says.
Found it interesting that Opko Israel manufactures many of the raw components used by Eirgen in making their generic drugs. So Opko will be able to cut out the middleman and produce the drugs from start to finish boosting margins.
I also noted the stock portion of that deal, with this recent run, as of the close is up 7.7 million. Talk about perfect timing. Now that gives true meaning to the phrase, " the Luck of the Irish."
No way to know what is priced into the stock, at all. In November 10 2014 earnings call Q3, opko said they would file the NDA before year end. A yawn by the market, one month later the stock was down. The item that started the up trend was the over half billion PFE cash. This recent uptrend, mirroring the last started with the Eirgen news, Frost entering generics again. This was followed by an earnings call where they met on eps, but blew revenue away, on pace for 140m, y/y 40% growth, before 4k insurance or Rolapitant ( TSRO) royalties.
So no way to know if the NDA will impact price, or if it is backed in. After the first announcement of the pending Nda stock went into a 7 week mini downtrend, but basically range bound. Even two weeks before the nda was to be announce ( now delayed ) the stock was down .25 from the day they announced it.
So we will see, but I expect another yawn because that was the market response on the last announcement, and the response given when they announced phase 3 data. So if it spikes on Rayaldee news, it will be the first hint of excitement over the drug.
For a few weeks. This tiny pull back is nothing but profit taking. Like to see it establish a new trading range in the 16.75-17.75 area. This whole 7 day run, though volume was above average, it was far less volume than other big moves. About 33m shares over 7 days, opk has had several 10m days in the past, and one I believe about 19m. Without basing, there is little downside support, which would be the recent roughly 33m shares. In the past the market has ignored ALL opk news with a yawn, nice to see the company get a little respect.
The move started the day of the Eirgen deal, exactly that day. It is one possibility that the Arab Pharma who received a million plus shares and about 50m cash, decided to up their stock position. I do not know this as fact, but the move started May 6, deal done on 5th.
IF sellers are not selling (US) Frost faithful, umm, we go higher, 6 new highs, ouch. CANCEL all sell orders.
Popps, Shorts have stop loss, we trigger ALL or near all at 18.50. Spike hits 20.00 if in a short time frame. My reference was not about longs, ummm, shorts are out big, capitulation gets huge in a 50-60 point move in minutes.
in 2-3 minutes, 18.50 in that time frame gets you 20. Done with my silliness, but it would be fun, and funny. MEANS nothing to me, I am LONG.
See Miami, or is it Linda? I read a great BIIIIG and thought, whoa a word I do not know. So I hunted it down until I figured it out. I thought how obsessive I am, how clever Miami.
All I do is listen to CC, but since my money is in these companies, I umm, listen or read them 6-7 times. Then think about it. I always apply what if in my thinking. Time consuming, but easy. NOW if I owned 20 stocks, umm, this would change. Owing 10 or less at any one time, doable.
Thanks for your appreciation, it is not taken lightly, you are no slouch, and add more than most.
Your positive attitude is contagious, I love it.
Just for yuks, explain to me how RSI is calculated, off the top of your head. DO NOT GOOGLE THE DEF. BE honest with yourself, do you TRULY understand it. Can you calculate it for 5 stocks on your own in under 15-20 minutes. If you are honest, you will read a second book. Well I can tell by your posts it is a term you like, but thorough comprehension of WHAT IT REALLY is, not so sure. NOT SO SURE, at all.
Scared Really? RSI? Get off this kick, you sound like an idiot. If you are scared cover or sell. Years ago I owned AOL after the ipo, the rsi stayed pinned through about 5 stock splits. Stayed pinned for 7-8 months at a clip. Just like yesterday some clown says longs do not want a hammer? WAS it really a hammer? NO. Why, cause he read a book last month or last year and has no comprehension, lol. RSI at new highs is meaningless.
That was not the reason for the delay, they have a current manufacturer. The delay according to opk was due to issues with the electronic filing system. MY take on that was, it is new, they had trouble figuring it out. Eirgen might now become the manufacturer, either them or Finetech Israel. Both are US certified. Eirgen, however is certified in 20 countries which facilitates global launch.
Will not go look right now, had a late night, but three hedge funds announced the are closing and liquidating their portfolios on or about May 5. Likely o impact here, but a possibility. This run started May 6.
Capital gains 15% if held over a year, other wise taxed as income, 10-39%. That is the rub, to break even you need a 10-39% pull back to get the same number of shares to break even, or you need make several trades, enough to cover the initial tax, plus all gains on following trades. 3-4 times in and out picking up 5-6% per trade should do it. So if you make 100k, you are really up 80k, so you need trade enough to make the 20k back, and then some.
The most trades I ever made in a year was 200, back before you could down load from the brokerage account, tax nightmare. I thought I was making out well until tax time. Yes I did well, but now I make 10-12 trades a year, but many are long term gains. I am nibbling oil for 2016 long term gains. I do not want the buck upside, 10-12 times. I will take the 15-20 point move and long term tax saver. I will collect the dividends, and wait on the sector, or political issues to kick in.
Last year I bought banks, waiting on rate increase, long term gains, many opportunities to buy low in sector, working the plan. Hope to sell around Nov. If not collect the dividends and wait on fed. IT will happen.