Both quest and lab corp will be around for years, in fact OPKO has a deal with one of those two, forget which one, for them to work on the Alzheimer's test. All opko needs is to carve out it's niche market, focus on urology, then move on to another area once it is firmly established. This will take time, but they are building the infrastructure. I for one would like to see them lower the price on 4k, and go after the psa market, but that is me. Opko wants a POC psa test, and a POC 4k. I guess if the POC system is in every office it will provide two sources of revenue.
South America, Russia and neighbors, Europe, Israel, US. The fact our 4k is now being tested in so many states, through the largest urology practices will create an instant market upon launch. The fact Rayaldy is the ONLY drug that meets FDA guidelines for Vit D insufficiency means largest market share. It is a matter of time but both will be great products in a year or two.
Nwbo announced on Dec 5 th that Linda Powers would attend the oppy conference, I am sure that was set up some time ago, but she had a big window to cancel if she wanted to. Today NWBO announces that preliminary end points have been reached on DCL, and that this data will be made public in 8 weeks or less. The timeliness of the Dec 5th announcement, the Dec 10th oppy event, and the preliminary data news today was coordinated. NWBO could have EASILY announced that phase 3 data, events, and statistical analysis, in week or two, after the oppy event was history. Linda put that info out there TODAY for a REASON. Expect some form of positive news from this conference, this secondary news release is a lead in.
How do you think it got to high twelves, like POOF, 8 million shorts covered in two days, poof, all at a loss.
bucks, not bad, just need a catalyst. Sure wish opko would do an analysts meeting some time soon, that might help get the ball rolling. Oh, wait, lol.
just trying to help. As Dr. Frost would say, " we have always enjoyed a large short interest, and though they lose money, many have become friends. So just trying to help. Do as you will, just trying to help, cover in 11 range or 13-14 range, no skin off my back. The point is do not wait until last 5-6 days of year when you have a potential 30-40 million other shares needing to do the same thing, which is??? BUY shares of a no float stock.
Bryan a simple math question, say opko goes from 10 to 30 in 3 years, that would be what % per year??? No wonder you R clueless. That will triples the market, Such a waste of time U R, but that is my own fault. Need a little more salt.
Who cares, buy hold, wait, 2016 opko will be no less than 30. As far as Opp event, short term, shorts are doing their tax loss covering, this price rise may or may not have anything to do with Opp. If news tomorrow is a yawn, it could create another buying opportunity for longs. If it is surprisingly great news on 4k, Rayaldy, or Rolapitant, it might create an OMG, I am covering now moment for shorts pushing opko to a NEW HIGH. NOT so bad if short and you NEED the LOSSES, lol. I mean, losses, that is all they have here, so minimizing them started last week.
The tax loss covering group might push OPKO into the TEEEENS. Remember, we do not run out of buyers until the shorts stop buying, lol. We have buyers lined up from now until JAN.
At The Market bid price. ATM, Cantor Fitzgerald sells stock periodically for arry when the price is right. So it is a gradual dilution over time rather than doing a secondary and diluting all at once. Many companies use it when they are still developmental stage. Arry is in no need of cash right NOW, so I doubt Cantor would be selling below 6.00, but I am not sure of terms of program, so they could be.
Any way what Burnaka said, lol. The FACT is Arry has more than enough cash to fund studies into mid 2015 at the current burn rate. The Ceo stated last week the burn rate should not go up, but there are events that might generate additional earnings. Partner on asthma or Novartis filing NDA next year are two examples. They also have an ATM program in place anyway if the need for cash becomes pressing in 2015 with a current value of 44 million on 7 million share dilution. SS has not even looked at the 10Q, just spouting garbage because he thinks a yahoo board will help his short position, yawn.
They keep arry range bound, as a trading vehicle. I know Arry funds part of their research with ATM offerings, and there is no set price when they kick in. With the current cash on hand there is no reason to raise cash or sell shares below 6.00. I think it is bought out in the low 20's minimum, but as the pipeline matures, that number goes UP. 2014 double digits for sure, it is the short term gyrations that get the small investor to bail.
arry 520 and 614, and the stock sells off. See that CELG presented exceptional data on mds, but it is likely the upgrade that made it pop. No reason for this sell off today, and with over 50 arry drugs in phase 2, and a half dozen in phase 3, it is only a matter of time. Novartis or Astra will buy arry at no less than 4 X current market cap. With the potential for up to 2 billion in revenue here, and a robust 50 phase study pipeline it is a low risk, high reward buy out. It will happen, not sure when but I figure arry is taken out before year end 2014.
Both Astra and Novartis will owe Arry the equivalent of the current market cap upon approval and milestones, so a buyout saves either company about 600 million or at a 5.50-6.00 discount. If they offer 20.00 bucks the buyer gets the company for 15.00 after factoring the royalty savings.
The REAL question is would the shareholders really want to sell at such a deep discount to potential 2016 market cap which should be in the 8-10 billion range?
Novartis is farthest along and if all pans out will be the first Arry partner to bring a drug to market, but not until late 2015. So it is get out a lounge chair, the real value here will not be realized for 3-4 years. Novartis might bring one of arry's drugs to market by 2016. There is an incredible amount of phase 2 studies in the works, Astra has 30, but from phase 2 to market is years, if they ever get to market.
Unfortunately the ATM program is a necessary evil to help fund the ongoing studies. They are trying to partner the asthma drug, and the real curiosity is why no takers??????
Though Arry has a robust pipeline of partnered drugs from what I can tell none will really be block busters, or ultra game changers, but drugs used in combination with other established drugs to enhance the affects. With over 60 phase studies, for multiple indications, it is a matter of time ( 3-4 ) years before some of these pan out and get approved. I doubt Arry has one drug that catapults the stock, but it will be the eventual multiple revenue streams that creates value here.
There is always the chance for a quick buy out in the 15-20 range, but on it's own arry has the potential to get in that loftier 40-60 range but not for a few years when they do have multiple revenues. The two likely buyers are Novartis or Astra, both have massive Arry phase studies, both have phase 3 studies, with Novartis likely seeking approval first. As that time draws near it might make sense to simply buy Arry, rather than pay milestones and tiered payments.
Until Novartis or Astra bring an Arry drug to market, dilution is going to happen, the good news is that at the current cash burn rate Arry can hang in there without a secondary for roughly 18 months. By then Novartis will be getting ready for the NDA, with Astra to follow 6-8 months later.