I think there will be some leakage of approval before news is released and this stock is going to just sky rocket. So if your short or want to be a long don't wait to much longer to pick up your shares. Sale will be ending soon.
It may very well have been negotiated and agreed upon contingent to approval of Afrezza but that news is being held very close to the vest.
You could be on to some thing rc. I hope so for the sake of the longs. I am currently out after being here for about 3 years. I may get back in later. I'm currently waiting for another stock to pop first.
There for Al and the shareholders should not except the first bidder as the price will undoubtedly go up.
Your right. TODAY they have the power. It won't always be that way however. They should cover while they can and the stock is still cheap. If Al were to some how break some big news unexpectedly they will have no power at all and become totally disrupted.
The reason is called "doubt". When ever there is a chance of two different out comes of some thing happening there is always fear. Some will wait for the announcements then jump in at a higher price and be satisfied.
I am currently in MNKD, but watching this for some great news to hit and if it does I may buy back in after the news hits.
It was quite mild compared to what you shorts will experience when the FDA approves Afrezza an the partnership is announced.
What doesn't add up is that insiders hold the majority of the shares and the public shareholders like you and I end up with no vote over anything that happens with the company. That is why hedge funds, banks etc aren't buying this stock. They would have no control over any thing done.