It's hard to get too worried about the price of IMOS as long as the price of 8150 holds up. In fact the closer it gets to the earnings conference call I will get tempted to buy more if the price disparity remains.
Yep. It's kind of amazing to me with all the joint ventures and good news recently that the stock has started drifting down so much the last few weeks. I had actually sold off some shares of what I guess you can call my trading position when the stock flew up to almost 20 at the beginning of the month, so now I'm looking to buy some of that back.
When I saw that announcement I got a kick out of it. My brother recently bought a house at another CC Devco Homes location which is in the process of being built. Apparently they've been around for quite a while. Not sure what the houses will sell for in Hialeah. His cost about $500k including options.
Hah... Yeah I wish it was just me, but it was the right thing to do and I'm sure they were getting plenty of emails. That said I'm kind of lowering my expectations of the stock performance based on how much cash I think they are going to hold onto.
Was trying to figure out why 8150 didn't trade overnight since it wasn't listed as a holiday. Apparently Taiwan Exchange closed due to Typhoon:
The Taiwan Stock Exchange Corporation announces that because Taipei City Government announces government and educational institutions cancelled work, the market will be closed on Jul.23,2014 due to Typhoon MATMO. The settlements due on the given day shall be postponed to the next business day.
Caff - No need to stress yourself after surgery. Put him on ignore like I do. The only reason he posts is to get attention. He's obviously a very sick, lonely person.
I won't answer the trivia question since I cheated and Googled it. I think those Sep 25th puts should be safe probably even if the merger announcement doesn't come assuming the markets don't crumble. Still expecting a great quarter and even better guidance. I bought some Sep 20 calls when IMOS was in the 20's back in May and some Jan 20 calls when it went below 24 several weeks ago.
I'm hoping maybe even the fact that they change the conference call time could be a good sign that something special is happening that day, but try not to read into things too much.
BTW - I realized I had read about GLGI previously but did not invest at the time. I think my major concerns are competition and debt. I guess the question is how much market share can plastic pallets take and how many people sell them. I can't imagine GLGI has some superior product compared to other plastic pallet makers though. Their debt load is quite high so if something does go wrong it could be quite disastrous. I can't access the earlier SA articles, but if you have any other info, especially about the pallet market, that would help.
So far away, but can't wait. Just curious, have they ever had the CC at 7pm before?
HSINCHU, July 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (IMOS) (Bermuda) LTD. ("ChipMOS" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: IMOS), an industry leading provider of outsourced semiconductor assembly and test services ("OSAT"), today announced that it will hold a conference call with investors and analysts at 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, August 12, 2014, (7:00 a.m. Taiwan time, Wednesday, August 13, 2014) to discuss its second quarter 2014 financial results and management's outlook for the third quarter 2014 .
The news release announcing the second quarter 2014 results will be disseminated after the NASDAQ market closes on August 12, 2014.
I know everyone probably a little shell shocked after today, but I do find it kind of funny that IMOS and MU traded down based on the Sandisk earnings today. Especially considering Sandisk's problems were related to supply constraints and taking a lower profit margin to supply Apple with NAND and SSD's. If their problem is not being able to keep up with demand that doesn't sound like a problem for IMOS or MU!
I'll take a look. Out of the ones I mentioned above I like MICT and UCP the most. UCP hasn't gotten much love lately, but I still believe as long as housing holds up UCP should do quite well over the next few years. MICT I think is a nice story over the next few years as well. MICT is quite illiquid so I wouldn't chase it up. I have some of the MICT write-ups from SA if you can't access them. INFU is still good too, but I don't think it has the upside of MICT or UCP. Could still do pretty well over the next year.
FBRC I'm losing patience. It's a good company trading under book value, but they have a huge amount of cash and need to return it at a faster pace. They reported yesterday and earnings were actually quite good, but based on the sell off people are losing patience. I wrote to the CFO today.
They filed on the 11th but finished about a month ago. Abdo still has his trading plan in place. I have no idea what the status of that is. The amazing thing to me is watching BFCF trade like it's frozen in time while BBX is all over the place. I sold a bit of BBX when it shot up after the SA article that came out recently (two weeks ago?) since it was only within 2% of the merger price, but since then it has dropped back to about a 10% difference. I don't think it should get much wider than that (I think it might have been 12% at one point several months ago). Someone has been sitting there offering to buy a few thousand shares at a 18.25 bid the whole day and people willing sell him a 100 shares here 200 there. It seems the buyers know they don't have to chase.
I read it. I don't think it has anything that wasn't already known on the board and unfortunately gives no attempt at valuation.
At this point I'm hoping not to have any merger announcement before earnings just for those reasons. 8150 has been slacking and if the merger proposal is going to be based off the price of 8150 a strong earnings report should give it a nice shot in the arm.