I guess the rats abandoned ship because of the put/call ratio over the next 30 days on the S&P. The expected pricing on the S&P is in the 206-208 range over the next month. Will be hoping to buy some XIV in the mid to upper 30s after the dust settles on this pathetic Greece drama and before the next leg up.
No matter how you slice it...Greece is scr*wed. It would definitely suck to be living in Greece right now and the road back to any kind of sane economic health is virtually impossible, it seems. What a mess. The EU is just one big dysfunctional family
Interesting that NBG isn't selling off that much with pending default in the news. Yea, it pulled back considerably from it's high of 1.20 but still...if Greece is in the magnitude of a mess that it seems to be in, I would think NBG would be far under a buck even at this point. Furthermore, why did it spike at all with this kind of news? Someone must know some kind of deal will be struck, while many day traders are understandably taking profits. Wish I had been one of those today. I got in in the mid .80s in pre mkt Monday and was surprised it even got to the mid .90s. I sold, then there was a dip to the lower .90's and I thought cool, I made the right decision...only to see it jump way up over a buck. Ya just never know...especially where Greece is involved.
Thanks, Rego...I bailed yesterday on an anger sale at just over $40 after mistakenly figuring my buy in a $45 PM down from over $48 at the close Friday, was the Greek mess priced in...of course I regret that now. Looks like I may have ample opportunity to jump back in later this week with Greece hanging in the balance. No matter what deal is struck with them, it sucks to be Greece and lenders will probably never get their money back.
Ok...throw in a little Puerto Rico for good measure. It was a sh*tty day to be holding XIV...the proverbial bag, in this case...especially when I was on the other side of the fence 3 days ago. OK, enough about my market timing woes. Interesting times we're in.
I love to see that, trader. I'm betting on things working out. Stayed up until 4 am to get in at what I hope are bargain prices. We'll see soon enough
May have to be patient here, but over the long haul it will get resolved. China and Russia may become players in the Greek bailout. They will have to pony up, but in a fashion and at a pace they can manage and be realistically responsible to imho
People are on crack over this Greece issue imho. Yes, the market will panic tomorrow and there will be volatility this week, but there will be some agreement reached with Greece and the market will breath a sigh of relief and head right back up. Anyway, enjoy the day/week perhaps, if you are holding TVIX.
Ah come on...it's all a gamble and there is nothing wrong with a reverse split either. You're either betting the market goes up or down. Don't blame TVIX for anything it does. There is no scam, no crooks, it's just moving in accordance with XIV. I'm tired of reading all of the belly aching on this board. If it ain't working go buy some XIV. If I'd held my VXX position over the previous 3 days, I would've made a little $$$...same with TVIX, but as usual I got scared and sold way too early. My problem, nothing else. The problem with all of these inverse ETFs is the market is has been going up. That may be starting to change, but that has been the only issue thus far.
With all of the financial problems this company faces, why did S&P upgrade KEG to 3 stars on 6/25 and MarketEdge give it the strongest LONG rating upgraded on 6/20? Having asked this, it is true that Reuters gives it an AVOID rating and 2 out of 10, which is certainly less than encouraging. Perhaps none of these analysts ratings amount to much in the final analysis. The stock is moving up because OIL is and with the exception of HERO which is going under, most oil stocks I checked out made a positive move today...even WRES, which is also mired in debt. Thoughts?
I just hope the hole doesn't get to deep while waiting. I bought some today...doubled down 2x actually...and by days end, I got that sinking feeling that I stepped in front of the train yet again. We'll see what the days ahead bring, but I'm not holding my breath for that rate hike. This Fed doesn't want to upset the apple cart.
almlk...this seems completely unlikely...although I wish you would prove me wrong. What is going to be the catalyst for such a major move before Friday? Apart from the Greek drama, there is no fear in the market right now. I bought some VXX again averaging down 3Xs today and it's still trading under my buy ins in AHs. What are your thoughts, just curious?