I doubt it, jimbo...but stranger things have happened. Why are you expecting the market to go up necessarily...nothing inspiring in the news...retail down...April jobs report not expected to be something to write home about etc. May get a green pop like today, but I think the downward momo in the mkt is evident lately. TVIX not popping and dropping like usual...VIX on the rise
TVIX is kinda hanging around uncharacteristically. I just bought some at 3.73...would normally not touch it here, but the chart is looking good and the selling lately has been persistent. I'm feeling over 4 soon enough, but am ready to ave down if we get a drop tomorrow. Market mojo is just missing of late, but can certainly show up unannounced at any moment. Retail is down and I don't think the April jobs report is going to be anything to celebrate about.
"They" are usually the winners...like the house at Vegas. Don't get me wrong...I am a bear at heart, but I also know how powerful the Fed and market machinery is and how dangerous it can be to bet against it. Exercise caution and be nimble when playing the short side.
74 actually...I posted 77 initially. Either way, it's not looking good for longs...this week anyway. Amazing how they run the price back down eod, eh. Did the same thing yesterday, only to have NG gap down the last 2 days, oh well. Did you read the article on Celsius's page to the right about this expected weather pattern, blue? Might be a good time to jump out of DGAZ following the report this week if what they say is going to transpire.
injection of 64 this week. It'll be interesting...as always...to see what happens to NG prices if this expectation is close. I'm betting on D for now, but just read an interesting article from Celsius Energy on a weather pattern that has formed which will favor NG usage for the next 2 weeks. If the D gets a pop on the report, it'll be a good time to jump out of the way, if this weather pattern is indeed a fact.
Just found out about them from the IHUB board. I don't know how accurate they have been. Their forecast for the next 5 weeks is...+74...+50...+48...+77...+248...we'll see. If figures like these actually come to pass and it doesn't put a dagger in the heart of NG...then nothing will.
Celsius Energy predicts an injection of 77 for this weeks report. If that is even close, big hit for NG.
Today was just crazy. Bravo to all that made money on this insane rally, but it isn't logical and so be it. I will be watching to see when this crazy buying stops...which is probably nothing more than an epic short squeeze...and the tide begins to go out again. NG continues to be one of the most manipulated plays and yes, it sucks to be on the wrong side of the fence, but I will be averaging in down here and watching for what I expect to be a sizable pullback in the coming weeks.
That's called contango, my friend. Depending on futures contracts, it can be either contango or backwardation. Right now it's hard for TVIX to hold any gains, which is why I didn't even buy at 4 Friday, but it can turn around very quickly as we have seen. Hang in and ave down. If the Saudis get on board with the oil production freeze tomorrow, the market will rally imo. That will be a good opp to ave down. We'll see what shakes out
At times like these, 5.38 can seem a long way away, but it wasn't long ago I thought no way TVIX would ever see 5 again:-) The market pumpers are never far away!
Depends on what transpires with the meeting with the Saudis. I wouldn't want to be holding anything oil related going into that meeting. Could go either way, but my hunch is, it will be a positive outcome and will drive oil higher.
Got it, billy...there's always something thst can be done where big $$$ interest is involved. It will be interesting to see what happens to NG over the weekend. I'd love to see a bit of a retrace in NG for another entrance in the 19s or so. Got a few bites the last couple of days but didn't get to finish the sandwich by a long shot. I'm thinking they won't let NG go into freefall, but are going to be having a hard time keeping the general trend up over the next 2 months.
Of course TVIX will get back over 4.36 at some point. Problem is right now the market is not in sell mode so there isn't much movement out of the dungeon for TVIX right now, which you're experiencing. I knew when TVIX got to 4 and didn't feel like it was a buy, the bulls are again firmly in control. If Monday is a red day, you may get your 4.36, however if the opposite happens, TVIX could go back under 4. Timing is key when trading these inverse ETFs in this market sentiment.
Looks like you'll be glad you bought some D...I bought some in AHs when I saw more bullish movement. Down .02 in futures atm. Not sure what the forces are going to do about this break down in NG, but it is clearly giving out...as it should be. NG didn't get up here on fundamentals in the first place.
I've been in and out...had 600 at 19.28, but got jumpy and sold at different levels...bought back in 600 in after hours at 19.23. Don't want to be left behind yet again. I bought DGAZ in the 15s and totally missed the ride to 30. Still living that one down! When I look at the forecasts for the next 2 months, it just defies logic not to hold the D. Now having said that, as beenlonging pointed out...can they manipulate the price of NG like they are doing with oil...sure they can...but I'm betting the numbers rule in the end.