It's called profit taking. TVIX is pregnant and ready for a dip. Not saying it won't continue to go up, but profit taking is part of the game every step of the way. That's why I grabbed some XIV at the close. I'm thinking the S&P will rally a bit in the coming week, but there is a good argument for continued depression in the market with more energy earnings next week...and god knows what else. I'm betting on VIX for the time being until TVIX comes back to earth. GLTA
I jumped out of TVIX and into XIV, but not sure how the timing will be. TVIX staying pretty strong in AHs. Hard to believe there could be much more substantial downside in the next week after the beating the S&P has taken this week, but I'm sure there are those who beg to differ.
Well folks...sold out pre mkt at 3.11 for loss and woke up when TVIX was at my buying price yesterday. I am back in at 3.17 thinking this is going higher next week with continued dismal energy reporting. Anyway, I feel this could go over the hod if the market sells off at the eod like many expect. Wasn't 100% sure which way this was going to go today, but sure got strong confirmation of where it's going when I got up and opened my trading platform. I also read how the markets are bracing for energy reports this week, so thought I better get back in.GL
Exactly right here...read an article confirming this on MarketWatch by Mark Hulbert. What The Oldest Stock Market Index Is Telling Us Today
I'd like to believe this, but remember it depends on what the S&P does. You are essentially saying the market is going to tank tomorrow and again, as much as I would like to see it, it ain't gonna happen tomorrow...maybe sometime next week, we'll see.
Yea, I wished I had waited, period. I think this will make it back up, but will have to be patient. Bought early in the day when it was still looking bullish and before fed announcements. Feelin kinda blue atm and expect to eat a little more crow tomorrow, unless I just cut bait. If it holds above 2.90, I'll hold. If it dips below, will be hard to hold. Kind of gave back most of the gains I made on this etf. Friggin timing is everything...need more impulse control too:-)
Thanks for the reply, rego...I suspect as time moves forward the swings in the market will calm down. That's what leaves me feeling even more dispirited that I didn't capitalize more on the wide swings of late. At any rate, I hope there are a few more fireworks to keep things stirred up and interesting. Nothing more boring than a healthy market, right! Is there any other inverse ETF of TVIX other than XIV that is priced a bit more similarly? Thanks and good luck going forward!
Still licking my wounds about selling WAY too early today. Any thoughts regarding dips to get back in? This ETF is awesome and as I stated in an earlier post...definitely a rare opportunity to trade this thing with all of the crazy volatility going on.
left a lot on the table here today...better decision making next time. I feel this is a rare opp to trade this ETF...sorry I didn't capitalize more on the volatility. You folks see this market volatility continuing much farther into this year?
I'm not a believer either,. Just guessing. I bought and exited at 2.88 today. Don't want to get my nose rubbed in too much of an early exit, ya know:-) So far you're looking spot on.
Just dropped in to see what was up with HSOL. It's been awhile...shocked to see it trading down here just over buck. When I was watching it, it was a $4-5.00 stock with an S&P rating of 3 or 4 stars. It became a mere shadow of itself. You can still make $$$ on it, that's what ultimately matters, I guess. Just seemed like so much promise in the Chinese solar companies for a stretch of time not that long ago.
Plus Credit Suisse just downgraded GTE, further explanation for it's lackluster showing today
There isn't always any rhyme or reason to stats and how a stock is valued and trades, unfortunately. Then you have oil stocks like MPO and KEG with much worse stats and they are both up today...KEG on a run as of late. Go figure