The share price has been dropping down about 50% of the price before the R/S... I don't buy that this is due to the institutions buying.
yesterdays drop on huge volume indicates large holders exiting or pending news that will drop this further.
If you see a share of INO on the street... don't step on it as it will stain your rug.
Ironically its the bashers that were right.
You can link to it from the current news.
My take is basically the price action caused a larger drop in shareholder value than the amount raised if you look at the opening price, which only seemed attractive when viewed in comparison to the closing price.
One metric would be 60.74 million shares at 9.84 = 598 million.... those shares at 8.16 equals 496 million so they raised 76 million dollars by dropping the value of existing holders 102 million.
They could have just offered existing shareholders the right to purchase 1 share @ 8.50 for each 5 shares owned and the stock price would not have been hit so hard, they would have raised more money and current shareholders interests would have been honored.
INO was a great buy at 66 cents but after the initial run has been a bad investment. It may be once again but that will be with a buyout or a product approved for market. Taking a position now really only makes sense if a buyout is sooner than later. This company with the 1 for 4 R/S and this kind of toxic dilution has only insured that the shorts were in good hands. As a long I take no pleasure in feeling this.
Maybe INO should target poultry as a validation platform, proof at any level would be a plus... less fed reg
what a meaningless post... something could happen that makes this go either way. I bet on the long side but your constant meaningless post stream gets old
Weeks away as I recall the statement
any actual news or comment from this company would be a plus... Doc isn't investing more 2 dollars below his last purchase... Has the promise diminished, the performance certainly has.
I was going to retire in May but I will extend another year to make back my losses as punishment for my blind faith in this company... I know better than to ride it down, just couldn't believe in would fall below 10... someone knows something as much as I hate locking in a 6 figure loss, its better than double that.
I have latest comment is
only poster for pages - please remove access and delete posts
you haven't had a clue all along
what if is your current hope... well what if there is a reverse split
what if shorts cover on market positions
what if you had a clue - well lets not be rediculous
You should go to court and make her take the MCP shares too...
actually my tag is a binary representation of my name so wrong again. You have been rude to me before for no productive reason.
Trading strategies are what I come to a board to discuss, to me they make more sense than wishing for things... your content is vapor, the option premiums on this stock are huge and strategies for maximizing return are interest to intelligent posters...
I don't get why I shouldn't lend shares out... they get sold back to me cheaper and then they have to cover when the upward price movement dictates that they do so.
King - life is short so if you enjoy the Woodford reserve, you need to invest in the their Four Woods... I had a few friends over the other night and while they enjoyed both... the preference was the Four Woods...
I don't partake often, but when I do... I go with the good stuff.... Usually stick to the single malt scotch's, but bourbon has been the choice on occasional nights.
Let me now what you think...
you obviously learned an important lesson long ago, that others are about to learn.
I have a decent sized investment in INO but I have diminished confidence. I know that Bio's are risky... Phase 1 2 and 3 failures occur... yet many here feel there is no risk....
I have been selling covered calls and the 8's that expired today were supposed to reduce my holding, but I sold them last month when I thought that it was unwise to let them go that low... Guess I should have sold the 7 calls and pocketed a larger premium...
given your comments, timing is everything, yet you expect this to drop and remain invested... I thought that 10 would hold and stayed in but regret not exiting along with Roche.
The silence just emphasizes the concerns, I thought the shorts would be the ones with regrets.
I purchase stocks to make money, that is not what is happening here so its time to re-evaluate the position.
- King I will never understand how you can marry a stock on the first date, Constant re-evaluation of positions and actions/performance are a must... closing ones eyes doesn't make the stock pretty... I hope I am way wrong in my current thinking, but I am reducing and will hold a smaller position till the end of March.
We have heard nothing of significance since before Roche walked... just check the stock action to confirm.
you really don't have a clue... the paper will play again another day the shareholder will leave empty handed when the new issue is released to the paper holders...
I am not short, I was long but was lucky to get away with a 60K loss on this
You on the other hand are SHORT - at least on the common sense front.