so I check my portfolio balances periodically, but according to you there is no need unless I sell something and only the stock I sell should be looked at... And I thought I made money on the XOM I bought before the split 12 years ago.... darn better sell it
given your comments, timing is everything, yet you expect this to drop and remain invested... I thought that 10 would hold and stayed in but regret not exiting along with Roche.
The silence just emphasizes the concerns, I thought the shorts would be the ones with regrets.
I purchase stocks to make money, that is not what is happening here so its time to re-evaluate the position.
- King I will never understand how you can marry a stock on the first date, Constant re-evaluation of positions and actions/performance are a must... closing ones eyes doesn't make the stock pretty... I hope I am way wrong in my current thinking, but I am reducing and will hold a smaller position till the end of March.
We have heard nothing of significance since before Roche walked... just check the stock action to confirm.
just pointing that out, as its a misleading statement... wish I had stuck with my 66 cent shares, sold some in the mid 2's so only had 15K shares left of those shares left for the R/S. added another 15K shares at much higher prices to the 3750 shares that I had left after the adjustment.
I really liked this stock, but I didn't marry it... good thing cause it has a mean streak...
should have sold 100 contracts, I am hoping they are called away. I'll put another block up 50 call 8's and 50 put 8's. The premiums are good and its the only way I see making money on INO for the time being. I have become dis-enchanted
If you really believe that protects you... then you are a newbie... oh that's right the SEC is really cracking down on naked shorts.... not
unfortunately my original purchase of 30K shares was reduced to 17,500 shares by the 4/1 reverse split and the bulk of my purchases since were between 7.40 (thanks for short puts) to $13.
yes I am down 50K my holding have dropped even more, like low 6 figures... I hold a good bit over 20K in my accounts with one account cracking 20 K on its own... I took some profits on about some of my early shares and then aggressively added to my holding. The 50K did not account for Puts and covered calls I have written so I guess I should knock 15K off the loss
BUT, Ino did have studies going when I first purchase, I recall on 6-3-13. The second have of what you wrote makes me admire that someone with little understanding of English would try so hard to communicate.
Third I don't like to lose money, but a can afford to take a few 50K loses as I have made more decisions that have allowed for room to be wrong on occasion,
I am unhappy with the performance at this point and am reducing my holdings via covered calls in the money and short puts out of the money... I have a short term target of reducing my holding too 10K shares over the next few months.
All in all I take offense at the way you have interacted
that's a pretty good trick... as I do not see it trading at less that 1.40 adjusted for the RS... of course selling covered calls could have reduced your cost basis... but I suspect that your statement shows that we sometimes justify our positions inaccurately.
My cheapest shares have a cost basis of 2.56, but unfortunately I have added 15000 shares between 7.40 and 13....
Good luck with your hold strategy, but the risks are always present and my reason for purchasing was to increase my asset base. Seeing my holding drop 6 figures is not achieving that goal. (40-50k of that outright loss)
Whenever I lose money there are two questions I have, is this what I expected when I made the purchase (answer is no) and is there a better place for my money...
well painfull as it was I did sell 40 in the money feb $8 calls today, if that doesn't start moving it up nothing will... I will buy them back for less if they are over 8 at expiration, I will continue reducing till I get down to 10K shares and reconsider at that point.
The price action really doesn't indicates accumulation, I'd expect that the price would have upward pressure in that case...
hopefully you had a plastic bag to put it in...
sorry but yesterdays drop pushed me over the edge... I am considering ending the pain and taking the loss. Where is the status on EBola trials that was due late 2014 / early 2015...
where is anything, insider purchase, new partner, hope
that strategy has cost me huge... first 30k shares was at $.66... down over $50K now
I would wait for some sustained improvement before accumulating... I didn't think it would go below $10 and when it did I thought it would recover and hold at that level.
chart for the last three months is a one way trip
Aren't (real) positive news releases normally followed by interest in the stock that increases share price... because I have missed any evidence of that pattern.
Tax liabilities can effect the timing... if the shares go to .001 cents they still do not have to be covered, therefore no tax liability
It also gave an incentive to the short sellers, its harder to push down a $3 stock than a $12 stock. Margin requirements are on a $3 stock are punishing at may firms, so it seemed that the R/S set us up for the AF article and the subsequent attach.
Gary - seems to me that like me you assess your performance on the purchases you make. I don't marry stocks, I buy them to make money... at this time INO is not making that matching my objective... I wish I had stayed with the 30K shares I bought at $.66, as the bulk of what I have purchased since has eliminated my profits and put me in the hole. The poor performance has been a problem for a year now and the last quarter a disaster, bringing us close to dangerous support levels. If we break 8 and hold, we are in trouble