not sure. perhaps a money raise? stock behaving like a deal coming maybe? Need product to ship. Must be getting close. Wonder what those two things better than the show award were?
on Q1 earnings call May 12, I got the clear impression they were close and "the only" thing holding shipping was Ctirix technology integration of which they were making very good progress with regular interaction with Citrix folk. I subsequently checked the transcript and my perspective was validated after reading it. It was also pretty clear from the earnings call that hopTo had/has executive approval from Citrix for this
Hi rezmal - you there? Any other questions / observations? Check out Doug Brown and hopto
1. hopTo has been miserably late in getting their product despite having world class IP.
2. They are indeed lucky that Citrix became a huge sponsor recently.
3. Have stated this often in my posts
4. Furthermore I have stated Eldad is not a CEO. Much more of a CTO. Stated this a few times also
5. You think this is drinking the kool-aid?
6. I know my enterprise software stuff
7. hopTo has been lucky that Citrix has identified hopTp as a huge value add for the Citrix world
8. The seven Citrix independent experts on hopTo BoA have a clear view re hopTo
9. These guys by and large have their own business / practices and rely on their reputation
So - you think this is drinking kool-aid ? - good for you
When you are keen to learn a lesson or two re enterprise software just reach out
Agreed. hopTo needs to get its Citrix, MAX IE product shipping (this month). Needs some good visible deals. More reselling partners . Then it becomes real interesting ....
1. "hopTo needs Citrix more than Citrix need hopTo". You think? a $13Bn company versus hopto's mkt cap. No **** Sherlock
2. "Citrix does not want this company" There is no way of knowing it. HopTo is the ONLY company EVER that CTXS has shared proprietary code with. Wonder why? To do this Executive support and sponsorship had to be in place from Citrix hierarchy. You know that small $13Bn company proving executive approval .... you try getting executive approval from a company like Citrix. Le me know how it goes for you
3. All offerings in hopTo's space are way behind. Says who? Only top Citrix consultants that just joined Citrix BoA. Only SEVEN independent Citrix specialists saying this on hopTo BoA. They cannot know as much as you - right?
Not going to write anymore. No need. Let's se what happens when Citrix hopTo version ships this month, MAX IE etc.
To help you, if I may, look up what Doug Brown says about hopTo. Tell me if you need help understanding who Doug Brown is
Good luck to all
Vendor #3 Apple: Surprised huh? So it was not until about three quarters ago that Apple downplayed inroads in Enterprise in terms of future guidance and measurement. Well that has changed - right? A few quarters ago Apple began talking more about Enterprise focus and importance. So, can you imagine the value to Apple if it controlled the future proofability (not an English word but) of ALL LEGACY WINDOWS APPS? Of course they would make hopTo available for ipads only. What do you think this would do for the sales of ipads to the enterprise? Ponder all of the above re Apple (and Tim Cook has told us Apple is looking for acquisitions)
Vendor #4. VMWare Vendor #5 IBM Vendor #6: HP Enterprise
I don't have to spell it out for these guys right?
hopTo would be worth literally billions in value to any of these 5.
hopTo's market cap as of today's close is less than $16M.
Sadly I have been in the enterprise software business for 35 years (makes me feel old). I have a hunch ....
Am I crazy ?
1. Let's understand the opportunity. At least 16M unique enterprise apps that need to get to mobile
2. hopTo immediately, out of the box, future proofs these Windows apps for ipad & other mobile devices
3. hopTo approach is principled on providing great native UX for these critical legacy apps that...
4. ...do not require any modification to the existing 16M unique windows apps and that ....
5. hopTo technology is protected by approx 50 patents (more coming).
6. So how much would hopTo be worth in the hands of.... four examples Vendors
Vendor #1 Citrix: Citrix themselves failed to develop anything that comes close to hopTo. With hopTo they will control destiny of Windows apps (many of which include IE apps). Citrix will readily future proof all 16M windows apps. How much do we think that is worth to Citrix in incremental revenue and more important market cap? Please ponder this.
Vendor #2 Microsoft: Given the nature of Windows apps (inc IE) , outside of refactoring (too expensive and complex) how can they, MSFT themselves, ensure they truly future proof legacy (IE) Windows apps for mobile? More importantly how valuable is it to Microsoft to ensure THEY future proof Windows legacy apps, preserving and adding value to MSFT enterprise infrastructure? MSFT enterprise infrastructure is massively important to MSFT. Not unreasonable to argue that helps maintain and extend Windows enterprise inertia. Please ponder on how much value this represents to MSFT
If I tell you what I think it's worth today you will think I am crazy. BTW I can justify it all day long ....
I disagree (respectfully). Think they need to ship the product first. Can't be long now (for God's sake :) !! ). Agree it has taken too long but must be close now. When product ships I am hopeful we will see new partners, new customers (finally) etc ...
In that suggested scenario, which is not unreasonable, deal(s) with big financial companies will provide visible validation, credibility and put a rocket in the SP
so - pondering further:
If it was a strategic $$$$ investment - the company would have had to announce as it is material. Does that mean a big customer deal is happening? More than one? has to be something positive given the comments from the company
I follow hopTo every day best I can. more difficult when I travel. Must say I have been fixated on the company's public comment re being nominated or winning show prize is the third best thing that happened. The first two things that must have been better can only be one (or two obviously) of the following:
1. Strategic agreement with Citrix
2. Big deal(s) closed or closing
3. Investment in the company by Citrix or similar
4. Other meaningful partnerships
just read that tweet. Feels like more momentum. The reality is winning a CTXS ready show award is very significant.
And two things occurred for hopTo at the show that were better? Wow. Looking forward to finding out ...