4m in cash, burning 1.5m per qtr. They should do a cap raise soon, before they "have to." If they wait till they are low on cash, investors will be able to dictate terms - which wont be nearly as favorable as they could most likely get now. Just my two pennies.
SInce they are lagging their benchmark index the RUT.
Microcaps usually do VERY WELL this time of year and into January...
I am not thinking of selling any time soon.
HF's will likely mark this up at the end of the year to boost their own returns, especially since they are lagging the market.
That will still only give it a market cap above the 200m area. Funds buying today after Oppenheimer meeting yesterday. Everyone who wanted to get out was provided plenty of liquidity
Why didnt this response answer your fears???? "As I understand it, this study was for patients who failed first line treatment of their disease, Doxorubicin is the first line treatment. So it is not surprising at all that there was no response to Doxorubicin, in fact it would have been surprising if there was a response. The fact that these patients were willing to sign up for this trail, shows how few treatment options there are for patients that fail first line therapy. Sorry to hear about your illness. I hope this answers your question"
"Investigators determined that the overall response rate for aldoxorubicin patients was 25.4 percent (2.7 percent complete response and 22.7 percent partial response) versus just 5.4 percent doxorubicin patients. Of that 5.4 percent, none elicited a complete response."
It should also be noted that CytRx raised approximately $25.9 million in a stock offering in the middle of October. So combining those proceeds with the cash on the books at the end of the third quarter, and CytRx has over $45 million for future operating expenses. Given that the company's monthly burn rate is roughly $1.5 to $2 million, the company's current cash position is more than enough to fund the company for at least the next two years. This means that investors can take a position now and not have to worry about dilution.
I am no expert in the field, but that is what they (basically) said (was possible?) on the conference call.... if the control group drops out, then aldox will not be able to have a real comparison vs dox on larger scale....???? interesting. Whether it happens that way is a different story? But, intuitively it makes sense that could be the case.
Because patients who do not get Aldox (the obviously better drug) i.e. on Dox will likely drop out... the implications is that phase 3 trial may not be needed, and its longer term efficacy could be measured over a long term study as it is already being commercialized.
Funds will be buying this now based on positive data. This stock will be going from speculators hands to long term minded investors now.... I think we are heading to $5-6 in next few months if not sooner.
They have plenty of money after cap raise, good results - and on the road getting the story out.
Lots of larger investors were just waiting to see these results.... Stock will get into stronger hands over next few weeks as traders cycle out and real long term patient money that gets it, takes over the shareholder base.
Management sure leaked that news was coming.... its clear there was one buyer "in the know" aggressively buying a lot of shares yesterday around 2.85-2.95. You'd think that new management would want to hold themselves to a higher standard.