This is positive feedback no doubt, we can only hope there are no blunders before the anticipated close of financing and that management will finally do what they say they will do and in a timely manner. The longer this lingers, the further the SP will slide. If in fact they do go this route, the royalty aspect of the loan will have a huge impact on SP, let's hope the new CFO can make it semi favorable or better said, not too negative for the share holders.
Bottom-line if some sort of financing deal is completed, with the exception of the future POG, most of the uncertainty will be taken out of this equation for the time being and should cause some sort of gap up in SP.
I'm sure these lenders have the best intentions to not extract blood or set trip wires. IF RBY gets conventional financing, which doesn't seem possible from everything I know, they will have to give up the majority of the ranch IMO. A JV, short of being acquired, seems like better solution. I also wonder if one of the lenders was GG.
Yes and No. I agree it's funds that want to move on, maybe , but if you or I tried to sell a few hundred thousand shares the price would drop like a rock. Buyers must have been waiting in the wings or there were some cross trades today. Very high volume for no price drop or increase.
Tax selling losses at it's best. It's important to remember there were also lots of buyers also today and perhaps a cross trade or two. Not much price movement for such a high volume of shares traded.
Nice idea that catches one's imagination, but would only work in a very pristine neighborhood. Problems from my five minutes worth of thinking are as follows:
- Environmentalist would claim bird and insect kill
- Power lines, but probably avoidable
- Human contact avoidable by the drone, but not by some humans
- Use one of these in the south side of Chicago, Southeast DC, south central LA, etc. and see if it comes back
- Very tough to use in NY, NY
- They would not work well in inclement weather
- You are absolutely correct, they would be shot at
- What if one stalls and lands in a roadway and causes an accident
Nice and flashy idea that I don't see being implemented any time soon.
I have not read every post on this board, but I think what some are calling bad ground is referring to the cost and complexity of getting the gold out of the ground. Unfortunately, both RM and AEM walked away from F2, and many will say that they did for their own selfish reasons and it had nothing to do with the proposed mine, disagree. I think both of these parties evaluated the estimated amount of gold, complexities, cost and uncertainties of getting it out of the ground. As one poster said before, the first year of mining should be representative of an aggregate bulk sample and two years would be better. Also, RBY has never issued a feasibility study.
I would bet that when RM left he applauded their expertise, management capabilities, showered them will compliments and did not say one bad/negative word, but in his own mind was silently laughing all the way to the bank with his huge gain.
Who knows if I'll will "win" so-to-speak, certainly not a contest I wanted to win, but it is what it is. Down again on fairly high volume. Anything can happen in this company silence, they could get some sort of funding, and if they do, regardless of the deal, I think it will gap-up. They could get acquired, and lastly there could be a reverse stock split, which unfortunately in many cases is the beginning of the end.
Was Gold Eagle under financial duress when GG acquired them, or were they financially sound? The answer to this would make a big difference in regard to any negotiation leverage they did or did not have at the time, unless it was a hostile takeover.
Exactly what I mentioned above is happening today, "bounce back in this sector associated with the POG and perhaps a correction in the general Market". Is it a head fake or sustainable, time will tell with a few bumps in the road at the least.
Lastly the share price is going down and on a significant amount of volume which is not a terribly good sign, but with that said, lots of buyers in these low numbers.
There is no doubt that if you have some Vegas money sitting around, from a percentage perspective there could be a nice gap up IF they are acquired. However, one must fully weigh the downside risks if they are mothballed for reasonable period of time and some the more important rats start to flee the ship.
Understanding that the past is the best predictor of the future, I'm thinking that this could be a scenario where investors are looking for a beaten up sector to get into during a Market correction, while the POG is coming back, not as it has reacted in the recent past with micro corrections. I know it this is not what usually occurs, but is a possibility IMO due to the POG coming back at least temporarily at one time or another in the near term future, whether it's one month or six months from now, but also agree that the future is very hazy and no one is Nostradamus.
I'm in general agreement with what you have said, but believe that those who are selling gains will also be looking for beaten up sectors that may be poised for a come back, and this is one of the sectors. Should the POG form a double bottom at 1200, then this could happen rather quickly, but if it blows through 1200 to 1100, then the comeback for this sector may occur during the 1st or 2nd calendar quarter of next year, if at all, but I believe there is strong chance of a bounce back in this sector associated with the POG and perhaps a correction in the general Market.
Bonanza, No need for a hangover, remember you purchased that Titleist Driver for the equivalent of 254 shares or RBY on Oct 11, which would now cost you about 320 shares of RBY, a solid investment by anyone's standards. Unfortunately another sad day for RBY, high volume and a loss of about 6.5 cents. Califmale
Thanks for the clarification because I thought there could be some buying just keep it north of $1 momentarily. I was also curious if Lalonde is going to try and cost average at these bargain basement prices, but in thinking about it, it's a double edge sword. If he is allowed buy it may indicate that he does not have knowledge of any imminent material information such as financing or sale of the company, not sure.