The current selloff is not due to bashers. It was due to the CC presentation.
The market reflects reality, not what bashers or pumpers "want." We need REAL and tangible catalysts from the company before the stock will move higher.
You're right, I probably should have done more due diligence. It was late last night, I was tired, and simply thought someone could chime in with a thoughtful example.
What I take offense to, sir, is your comment about my intelligence. It's dangerous to make broad generalizations to someone who you don't even know. You don't know their age, their demographic, their socioeconomic status, and most certainly not their intelligence. I won't claim my IQ is higher than yours, but rest assured it's at least 2 standard deviations higher than the norm.
Hopefully in the future you'll refrain from such condescension. It's not productive for you, the board, the targeted person, or anyone. You're forgiven.
Sorry to have offended you.
You sure wasted a lot of bandwidth with an ad hominem response like the one above.
Things are getting a little testy around here. How about if we move back to 0.71 a share? That would certainly cure a lot of ailing pocketbooks. :)
Correct. The raise won't happen until AFTER the P2 peer review.
And they will wait for the correct market timing (e.g. highest share price possible). So, I put it "somewhere" in early-to-mid 2015, maybe later, if market conditions warrant it.
Dr. Kim strikes me as someone who moves forward cautiously, and he wants to have all of his ducks lined up (peer review) before releasing ANYTHING.
So, be prepared to wait 4-6 months for any new data.
There will be NO partnerships until this data is revealed.
Well, there was certainly more to the call than just this, but it's important that EVERYONE understand that there will be dilution in 2015.
How much dilution depends on the share price at that time and how much of the $175M shelf is used.
Agreed. At 49.5% I would say we are getting the attention we deserve.
Still, there is great potential with the company. Will just take longer to realize, that's all.
From today's CC transcript:
Dr Kim states:
As we have previously stated, we have already invested in planning a Phase III clinical design, scaling up manufacturing, and advancing a commercially and clinically ready delivery device. We expect to have our end-of-phase II meeting with the FDA in 2015. We expect we could launch the Phase III clinical studies by early 2016.
So, a key question, how much will it cost, and how will we pay for it? We estimate that a Phase III program could cost as much as $100 million through to marketing approval. In assessing the merit of advancing a Phase III program independently versus in a partnership, naturally there is the trade-off of risk and expenses in the nearer term versus the financial benefit to Inovio over the longer term
Thank you, Joseph. I wanted to highlight key points from our Q2 financials. While expenses have gone up, payments from Roche to Inovio have gone up as well. We have a strong, strong cash position of $109 million that provides operating runway through 2017.
We have previously stated that our existing capital covers current and planned projects and operating expenses and will not fund the announced VGX-3100 Phase III clinical study. We do expect to raise incremental capital to fund this program.
Joseph, back to you.
He was a great soul... very saddened by his passing.
He made me laugh more times than I can remember.
Robin--RIP and know you made millions happier each day!
Dr. Kim would not sell today. It would be far too cheap.
Before this CC I valued the company at $2-3B. Now, because of the delays, I value it at about $1B. I had originally valued the company at $10B two years out, but now we need to add another year to that.
Still, the long-term potential is very good for INO. It all depends on your time horizon and understanding the time value of money.
I'm still long and strong with 12,000 shares.
Just a little disappointed by the CC today, that's all.
I want to know "what" happened to the INO-1400 h-TERT trial. (And yes, I saw the "lip service" given to it in the PR.) This CC was far to short on substance to be of any real value.
No wonder the stock tanked today.
Dr. Kim flatly said they'd need to raise at least $100M for a P3. That's about 15% dilution at $10/share.