Wow, you're getting truly desperate. Everyone knows Cempra doesn't make a cancer drug or attempts to solve world hunger. What they do is fight infectious disease and do that very well. That's why the longs are investing.
The winds are blowing and the tide is rising. Unfortunately it's the shorts that will be looking for shelter from the storm.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Still losing money I see. One thing people can say about you is your consistent.
The change of their testing protocol pushed them down a lot. I still think they have more to drop because they pushed the pIII completion date out, but it's more likely to get a positive read out. My question is, since it will take them longer, will they dilute again? I have shares I bought at 10, I will probably add if they drop below 7.
Let's see, you went short at 26. How is that winning? Or are you referring to the short you said you added at 31? That's underwater. Or the one you said you added at 34? That's underwater too. I just don't see how constantly losing is equivalent to winning in your mind.
Isn't there a problem with using charts on a stock that is event driven? Small biotechs usually don't have sufficient volume to drive the statistical nature of technical trading and when you combine that with their propensity to release news at surprise times, I would think technical trading could put you behind rather quickly on these type of stocks.
Alarm bells? The underlying fundamentals of the stock due to the need for Soli, point to much higher. I hope you aren't still holding on to your short from 26. You had a chance to get out with a 20% loss, now, you're looking at bigger and bigger losses.
Just like you said that at 26, before it spiked to 41. Then you said it at 31, just before it bounced back more than 10%. Keep saying it's dead and we'll keep going higher.
After the last dilution, the company is certainly well capitalized to commercialize the drug. And the way she handled it was nearly perfect for current shareholders, so I think has the wherewithal to bring to market. At the very least she has to get the drug past the approval to get a fair offer for the company. After she gets it that far, some of the these $100+ per share ideas being thrown out by poster, will be a reality. After that, she should start shopping the company, but not before then. That would be in the best interest of the shareholders.
Didn't Cubist already have a fair amount of that estimated sales? If so, that lowered the risk on the buyout a good bit. If you are counting on Cemp to bought out for a similar multiple, it's going to have to demonstrate some market penetration first.
While it might get to 5 with dilution, I think any purchase below 7 will make a decent return after a couple year wait. I'm probably going to start adding to my position in 1000 share blocks at 7, 6.5, 6, and every 50 cents below that. I know it's not a huge investment for some, but it's big for me.
I truly believe the stock will do little for the next 3-6 months, but then earnings from Calcitriol will start coming in, more information on the Triferic acceptance in the market will come in and before you know it, we're above 20. I hope it climbs a buck or two in the next 6 months as I purchased some 11 dollar calls for May and August on a flyer, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for those.
Bottom line, this should double over the course of a year and I can wait for that.
But a 75% annualized return is just terrible. (That's sarcasm)
It's certainly worth having a core position you hold and a smaller trading position to play on the spikes and dips. There will be enough of them over the next 2 years.
I can't believe I had the opportunity to add another 1000 shares at 31 on Thursday. In a month, I believe it will be back above 40 and when the next PIII results are announced, 50.
Why? If we go by your posts, you're still $4 underwater from your short at 26. While the majority of the longs on the board have been here since the low teens or lower. We're up nearly $20 and you're down 4? Who's the master? Not you. Furthermore, within a year, the stock will be much higher and you'll be clamoring for people to sell because you weren't smart enough to get out with a small loss.
Huh? You shorted a ton at 26, you are making money? Sounds like you are losing a $10 x a ton of shares.
The problem is trading on fundamentals and pipeline prospects are difficult with a stock that isn't listed on the major exchanges. Lax reporting standards of stocks not on the major indices add a great deal of risk and the company hasn't been transparent in releasing data. To top it off, they are going to need either to dilute or announce that partnership soon as they don't seem to have a lot of runway left with respect to their financing. All of this leads to a slow decline until those underlying factors change. I believe in the technology of the company, but the leadership needs independent oversight from a truly independent BOD.