Markets closed and the ride was interesting. Up 70 cents with about an hour left and then someone stuck a pin in the balloon settling at up 2 cents. Sometimes holding is a fool's game - waiting while others are selling like crazy. Oh well, tomorrow's another day and another mind game.
Watching CYH is a little spooky on Tuesday. All the markets are rolling over while healthcare is holding fairly well (a safe haven?). Almost no volatility with the stock very slowly going up on low volume. Makes me wonder what it would be doing if the markets were not down 1 1/3%. Still holding, watching and hoping for a happy ending to this one. And you? Doing the same as me - waiting?
Ah, there is intelligent life on this planet. Hi there. I faced the same questions you've asked yourself and I jumped in last Friday at 48.32 thinking the risk/reward was pretty good. It wasn't that long ago that it was fairly higher than now and things have gotten better IMO. At first, I looked like it was stuck in the mud but as you can see, about 3 hours into trading it came alive and is beginning to look like my decision was sound. I agree about the debt issue but this seems like a growing hospital holdings firm and running up debt is part of the game if you want to become a major player. It may finally become so attractive that another player may consider merging or buying them out but that's much further down the road than I would be interested in. I'm pretty much a trader, not investor and if I can make a decent size profit in a short time, I'll say sayonara to it and move on. I never get married to a stock like some out there. I've never played options so I have no advice or comment regarding that. Your message is about 1 1/2 hrs old which is just about when in went up to 49 so you've missed the move or maybe you did jump in and made the move. Whatever, let me know what you've done or not done. They appear to be the 3rd largest player in this sector (publicly traded) so they're not a small fish. HCA seems to be No. 1 and they got a nice rise today.
NO ONE HAS ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO SAY ABOUT THIS STOCK? INCREDIBLE! I've been on some boards where there'll be a dozen pages of banter every day. There's two postings very old and they're just advertisements. Pitiful. If there's any life out there, respond and we'll try to enliven this site.
I hope you and the rest of the bears take a good shellacing. Keep shorting it as it rises and that's exactly what will happen.
There's no way in hell that the company will not recover any of the funds and I seriously doubt that management was stupid enough to say something like that. Do you really think that ALL of their clients are going to screw them? Get real. All of these various press reports paint the most darkest of scenarios going forward. If they were true, why would the company try to stay in business with the loan they took? They'd just wrap it up and fold their tent. You bears are just trying to convince yourselves that you are far smarter than all the longs but we're not buying the b.s.
Expected it but wasn't sure where it would happen. Now the REAL test is whether or not it can withstand heavy selling. So far, it's showing some tenacity.
Agree but we have to hope that some news article doesn't blow this one out of the water. I could mention a few possible ominous ones but don't want to scare you. I'll leave it to your imagination.
Try and be realistic. Many folks got this stock at much cheaper levels and were foaming at the mouth to sell, sell, sell. Today alone, it went up 50%. If you're sitting on a large position, it's extremely tempting to take the money and run - ask questions later. Expect more volatility going forward with a little hand wringing and sweating to boot. It won't be an easy ride and you'll probably be finding yourself hovering over the sell button many times before you actually do it. Unless, of course. you've gotten yourself married to the stock - then all of the previous scenario goes out the window. You'll just hold on and ride it out to whatever conclusion it has.
Headed for between 4 to 7 with a whole lot of volatility along the way (profit takers, speculators all driven by fear and greed). Can't read the minds of either LUK or FXCM mgmt regarding how and why this particular deal was struck but without it, FXCM was facing the regulator blues and probable shutdown. Desperate people will often do desperate things. I'm sure others will chime in with their wit and wisdom. Try to differentiate between plausible advice and outright b.s.
With a caveat Robb. The rescue package says that after 3 years. LUK can force a sale. In the meantime, FXCM has to meet all the terms which are numerous and costly. I think that it was a wise decision to take the #$%$ deal because it gives them time to sort thru all the stuff facing them and probably close out the loan to remain whole again. The large losses by clients is troublesome but I don't imagine most or all of it being uncollectable - that's overblown speculation. I'm sitting tight and watching it all unfold. Looks promising so far.
Some kind of frenzy trading going on and only God knows where it's heading. The company's only got 47 million shares outstanding yet there must have been 200 million shares being tossed around.
Some folks have claimed their customers are "big" while others claim they're just everyday people. The really big ones don't worry me - it's the lower levels that might try to screw FXCM out of the money owed (slow pay it, file BK, try to disappear, etc.
So you created this ridiculous user id seen above just to post this nonsense? What a putz.
I'm asking myself why would LUK make a loan of 300M on a company whose market cap would be around 70 to 75 million after the dust settled. And I'm not even taking into consideration the debt of FXCM. If a sale or liquidation takes place, how does LUK make any money? Something about this deal leads me to believe that LUK will probably force the sale of the co. to a private equity group or a competitor. How that plays out in the PPS is anybody's guess.
Would you care to elaborate? We watch the European markets and then what? What precisely are we looking for? Euro going down or up or some other tidbit of info that provides us with some guidance?
Been around since 1841, CEO and Asst CEO makes 41K in salary (?), has gone thru at least one reverse stock split and has hit just about rock bottom PPS wise. With upcoming elections to decide whether or not to leave the Euro, seems like an opportune time to dip my feet in the unsettling water. In at 1.7063 but not commiting a helluva lot of money. Kinda like a shot in the dark. Let's see where this puppy is heading for.
Gave up on GILD about a week ago. This company seems to be cursed with one hurdle after another and can't seem to shake off numerous questions that keep getting placed around it. Once it's gotten past the ABBV question, rest assured another question will pop up and then another and then yet another. It's always something with this stock and that's why I chucked it. The daily ups and downs became all too familiar and frustrating. If you've got the stomach for it and can sit around waiting endlessly like some here, go for it. I felt 3 months of back and forth in a narrow trading range was quite enough for me.
People who refer to themselves in the third person are usually locked up in a mental institution. Placed on "disregard".
BTW, Marco Polo chatter is mixed. Some calling it a disappointment while others are pleased. Today's dumping may be a reflection of that. There is no conclusive proof a man by the name of Marco Polo ever even existed much less did what the legends propound but much interest over the years keeps the character alive. Kind of like Robin Hood or King Arthur - legends that refuse to die.