Selling going on for a month without letup. You'd think it would run out of sellers but they keep hitting the sell button. March 5th is pivotal - good ER and it should recover somewhat.
Back in Aug. 2014, the CEO (Rai) sold off about 3/4 of his holdings but still has well over a million shares. I can appreciate his wanting to cash in on the profits but still find this a little disturbing. Any thoughts?
I spoke too soon. Just hit 98 so it's mojo is still intact for now. Tomorrow, who knows? Markets can be tricky at times and make you scratch your head.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
They'll #$%$ every chance they (the manipulators) get. Got out of it well over a month ago and wouldn't touch it again.
SELL, SELL, SELL those ridiculously overpriced shares. Out. You'll feel so much better later - I guarantee it!
My absolutely final note on this one. Today Mon. 2-3-15, it was released on the wires that they had been found guilty of paying off several local counties in N.M. to get federal subsidies which explains why it continues to drop. Once again, I dodged a bullet.
Closed out my position on 1-28-15 at 48.95 for a 33 cent a share profit or about a measly 300 bucks profit. Didn't like the action on it and exited. Moved on to RUSS and did a helluva lot better with a profit of 2,800 bucks profit which I just closed a few minutes ago. This trading game I play has its ups and downs but lately I've been lucky. Hope all your trades are good ones. I'm back to watching the markets and trying to figure out my next move. Maybe somewhere down the road we'll talk again - it was a pleasure.
Markets closed and the ride was interesting. Up 70 cents with about an hour left and then someone stuck a pin in the balloon settling at up 2 cents. Sometimes holding is a fool's game - waiting while others are selling like crazy. Oh well, tomorrow's another day and another mind game.
Watching CYH is a little spooky on Tuesday. All the markets are rolling over while healthcare is holding fairly well (a safe haven?). Almost no volatility with the stock very slowly going up on low volume. Makes me wonder what it would be doing if the markets were not down 1 1/3%. Still holding, watching and hoping for a happy ending to this one. And you? Doing the same as me - waiting?
Ah, there is intelligent life on this planet. Hi there. I faced the same questions you've asked yourself and I jumped in last Friday at 48.32 thinking the risk/reward was pretty good. It wasn't that long ago that it was fairly higher than now and things have gotten better IMO. At first, I looked like it was stuck in the mud but as you can see, about 3 hours into trading it came alive and is beginning to look like my decision was sound. I agree about the debt issue but this seems like a growing hospital holdings firm and running up debt is part of the game if you want to become a major player. It may finally become so attractive that another player may consider merging or buying them out but that's much further down the road than I would be interested in. I'm pretty much a trader, not investor and if I can make a decent size profit in a short time, I'll say sayonara to it and move on. I never get married to a stock like some out there. I've never played options so I have no advice or comment regarding that. Your message is about 1 1/2 hrs old which is just about when in went up to 49 so you've missed the move or maybe you did jump in and made the move. Whatever, let me know what you've done or not done. They appear to be the 3rd largest player in this sector (publicly traded) so they're not a small fish. HCA seems to be No. 1 and they got a nice rise today.
NO ONE HAS ANYTHING WHATSOEVER TO SAY ABOUT THIS STOCK? INCREDIBLE! I've been on some boards where there'll be a dozen pages of banter every day. There's two postings very old and they're just advertisements. Pitiful. If there's any life out there, respond and we'll try to enliven this site.
I hope you and the rest of the bears take a good shellacing. Keep shorting it as it rises and that's exactly what will happen.
There's no way in hell that the company will not recover any of the funds and I seriously doubt that management was stupid enough to say something like that. Do you really think that ALL of their clients are going to screw them? Get real. All of these various press reports paint the most darkest of scenarios going forward. If they were true, why would the company try to stay in business with the loan they took? They'd just wrap it up and fold their tent. You bears are just trying to convince yourselves that you are far smarter than all the longs but we're not buying the b.s.
Expected it but wasn't sure where it would happen. Now the REAL test is whether or not it can withstand heavy selling. So far, it's showing some tenacity.
Agree but we have to hope that some news article doesn't blow this one out of the water. I could mention a few possible ominous ones but don't want to scare you. I'll leave it to your imagination.
Try and be realistic. Many folks got this stock at much cheaper levels and were foaming at the mouth to sell, sell, sell. Today alone, it went up 50%. If you're sitting on a large position, it's extremely tempting to take the money and run - ask questions later. Expect more volatility going forward with a little hand wringing and sweating to boot. It won't be an easy ride and you'll probably be finding yourself hovering over the sell button many times before you actually do it. Unless, of course. you've gotten yourself married to the stock - then all of the previous scenario goes out the window. You'll just hold on and ride it out to whatever conclusion it has.
Headed for between 4 to 7 with a whole lot of volatility along the way (profit takers, speculators all driven by fear and greed). Can't read the minds of either LUK or FXCM mgmt regarding how and why this particular deal was struck but without it, FXCM was facing the regulator blues and probable shutdown. Desperate people will often do desperate things. I'm sure others will chime in with their wit and wisdom. Try to differentiate between plausible advice and outright b.s.
With a caveat Robb. The rescue package says that after 3 years. LUK can force a sale. In the meantime, FXCM has to meet all the terms which are numerous and costly. I think that it was a wise decision to take the #$%$ deal because it gives them time to sort thru all the stuff facing them and probably close out the loan to remain whole again. The large losses by clients is troublesome but I don't imagine most or all of it being uncollectable - that's overblown speculation. I'm sitting tight and watching it all unfold. Looks promising so far.