Per latest press release, both parties are still interested in what is remaining.
However, one of them offered $300 million for entire company, so I doubt they will be really making a competitive offer for Big Star and Northern Star.
The second party made an offer for entire company. We don't know how much that was for. Yes, they are also still interested.
others are there also.
HOUSTON, Aug. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NBL) announced today that it has signed a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) with the Government of Gabon covering Block F15 in the Gabon Coastal Basin. Under the terms of the PSC, Noble Energy will be the Operator with a 60 percent working interest. Noble Energy's partner on Block F15 is Woodside Petroleum Ltd., who will have the remaining 40 percent working interest.
Block F15 is located approximately 140 kilometers (87 miles) off the coast of Gabon and covers over 2,700 square kilometers (670,000 gross acres). Water depths range from 2,300 to 3,000 meters (approximately 7,500 to 9,900 feet). The PSC includes a 4-year seismic commitment and a future option for exploration drilling. The execution of the PSC represents Noble Energy's initial entry into Gabon and meaningfully expands the Company's exploration portfolio.
every quarter it is another excuse as to why something went wrong, guess this one came a few weeks after they reported.
wait for next Q and something else will show up that was unexpected
they need ansell to come to the rescue
looks like selling is from the options buyers who ended up with stock by purchasing the $5 calls and ended up with stock over the weekend and are now selling today to get rid of it.
maybe instead of plans to liquidate (which they mentioned in a CC) they are going to keep their jobs and keep operating the company
by law change is trivial for company operations, so that is not reason.
but 38K shares traded, lets see if any follow through trading tomorrow
volume has picked up a bit in past week and price is now back up to $6.85.
Seeing some 10-20K a day volumes instead of 2 or 3K a day.
Bachelder picked up 6,000 shares in December.
Ancora Advisors has a 7.78% stake, looks like a new name to me. Now largest investor.
Never have seen Ansell Industries listed, but I think they still have 10%+ stake.