Slim chance IMO.(deal denied) But certainly possible. Penn conserving cash is a good sign. I would bet he is getting a bonus if deal closes and the company has a large chunk of cash on hand? Everyone is getting tired of this terrible waiting. Certainly would think FTC would say yes or no by now. Maybe waiting for TDK to make some adjustments?
I think if deal gets denied we would drop 60%? Something should break in next 45 days or so? Wanted to put limit order in this afternoon at 3.60 but came to my senses.
Al, I admire your conviction for the company and totally share your feelings. Lots of fast shufflers in the market and I have a feeling Cirrus is slowly getting away from being the "whipping boy" stock of past? I guess where we go from here is important. Would like to see us trading in the 40s by July?
Be happy your in FT.Lauderdale 45 degrees and misty here in the Badger state. ( my back is tightening up) Going to warm up soon. I hope. Take care
Thanks MK impressive list of increasingly popular headphones. Reading that Santos Fella's article in Seeking Alpha he has Cirrus with less content in iPhone 7 and bordering on a disaster going forward. We need people on both sides of the trade! Thanks for your posts!
Your certainly right about that Al ! Cirrus has in the past been one of the "go to" stocks for shorts. Seems to me that is slowly changing with the recent lower short interest numbers. Will be interesting to see if they fluctuate much going forward? Take care.
The head fake lower Wednesday night only to pop 12% on Thursday! Never a dull moment at earnings with this company. Didn't take short thesis guys long to pen some negative articles. Many of them went to bed Wednesday night hoping for 30-31 open on Thursday only to see it rise to 38. Poor market conditions brought us down $2 but I don't think the future has ever looked brighter for Cirrus Logic. I believe there's a 20% chance someone may try to buy the company this year? That would certainly get the short thesis guys attention!
Good job Cochabol on your response to seeking alpha short thesis author. Well done!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
It's been a wrenching wait. I know if on November 2nd when deal was announced had I known it was going into May/June I would have sold immediately. From my perspective it's crazy to allow TWC/Charter merger and disallow TDK/HTCH deal. When you see the selling price of suspensions you understand why HTI hasn't made any money in years!
GM, Al, Looking and Schauer, shot 41 and made $45. Almost enough to pay cleaning lady! I think if we get into the 40s were going to get some momentum. My cousin wants out at 50. I agree with Jason, MK and GZ that last 1/2 year will be strong. Have great day!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I headed to golf course to play 9 holes with cousin who I talked into buying a few hundred shares of crus 4 years ago. Believe he got in about 20. Well I gave him the bad news that CRUS had great quarter and good CC but was getting hammered AH on the tail of APPLE. Told him looks to open Wednesday 32-33 but we have to sit tight as the future looks bright.
Wednesday morning I was cultivating in the back of the nursery and I see my cousin driving towards me on a dirt road. He jumps out and tells my CRUS is trading at 37! I couldn't believe it. I bet the shorts couldn't either!
Grippa and Stuck! 2 of my favorites. My prediction now is Sept,17? Mr.Penn wants to keep the reigns thru the summer. That's the latest I've heard?
Ain't it great! Congratulations all longs. Lots to look forward to. 40s soon! Jason did great job last night. Impressive!
Yes Fred I read the piece by Tim. He really did his homework and makes a compelling case in favor of RFP. My gut is a Weyerhaeuser type company may try to digest RFP in the future? They seem to be generating good cash and I see it strengthening in the future. I see more pro's than cons. The recent downgrades actually make me more bullish.
Would be nice if HTCH makes some positive comment on the merger today. GLTA
Maybe, just maybe will get some clarity on the merger? You guys know I'm just a bush grower and don't have the credentials that many who post here do. I still maintain a 95% chance the deal gets completed. Don't know about complete.38 AC being paid but believe it will be close? I think impatience is a big reasons for recent negative posts.
Couple days ago I had a limit order in at 5.50 for RFP that didn't quite get filled. Have been watching it on an UPTAB/FRED reccomendation. I really like the business there in and think there is high likelihood that the price will increase on many end products over time. Seems undervalued . The pension liability is a concern that is really not clear to me. Might wait to buy initial position just before or after May, 5 earnings?