It doesn't matter, Republicans or Democrats, both equally #$%$ and slapped around like Children by Cook...
IF it’s legal, why is the Senate wasting valuable Tax Payer money grilling Apple when they should be cutting spending? ANd you start with doing away with nonsense like this.
Do any of those Senator intentional try to pay as much tax as possible?
Didn't these idiots in the Senate like Levin CREATE some of these rules Apple is using? Apple would be stupid not to legally pay as little tax as possible, LEGALLY. And why am I not surprised that our government is so much debt when we have complete morons in Washington like these Senators?
The fact is that Apple continues to obliterate Android in usage share:
- 67% of mobile video was played by iOS - devices in 2012 (Ooyala)
- 83% of airport wifi connections are iOS devices (Boingo)
- 88% of mobile e-commerce revenue is from iPads (IBM)
- 90% of online retail revenue is generated by iOS devices (Rich Relevance)
- 76% of mobile web browsing is iOS (averaged over Net Applications, ComScore, AT Internet, Statcounter Global Stats (OS), W3Counter, WikiMedia)
In business, Apple is accelerating away from Android:
- Apple's iOS mobile business market share increased from 69% to 78% in Q1 2013 while Android declined from 30% last year to only 22% (Egnyte)
- iPad captured 93.2% of Business tablet market in Q4 2012 (Good Technology)
- iPhone accounted for 73% of all non-BB business smartphones (Good Technology)
- iOS devices in total represented 77% of mobile device activations in the enterprise market in Q4 2012 (Good Technology)
In terms of app platform, Apple continues to destroy Android:
- iOS developers make 430% more revenue than Android developers (Distimo)
- 84% of mobile games revenue is generated by iOS (NewZoo)
- iOS games revenue is almost 3x greater than Android in Q1 2013 (IDC and AppAnnie)
Developers, content providers and publishers are not making up the difference in advertising:
- Flurry reports that in-app ad income is only 23% the amount of paid-for app revenue.
- 63% of ad impression within apps came from iOS in 2012 while Android plummeted from 53% in 2011 to 37% in 2012 according to Velti.
- 98.1% of tablet ad traffic comes from iPads (OnSwipe)
- 94.6% of Tablet web browser share is iPad (Chitika)
- 69% of mobile ad viewing share is iOS vs 29% for Android (Chitika)
- 51% of in-app and web ad revenue is generated by iOS (Opera)
- MoPub reports that 75% of ad revenue is generated by iOS users.
And iOS users are far more lucrative for advertisers, developers and content providers:
- Neilsen reports that in the USA, 40% of iOS users have incomes above $100K versus only 25% of Android users, while double the percentage of Android users have incomes below $25K.
- CPM rates are twice as high for iOS devices compared to Android
- Click-thru rates are twice as high for iOS compared to Android
Android is losing the teenage demographic:
- 48% of teens now report that they are using iPhones in Q 1 2013, up from 40% just six months previously
- 62% of teens expect their next phone will be an iPhone
- Only 23% of teens expect their next phone to be an Android device (Piper Jaffrey)
People know Lenovo right? Makers of PCS , tablets, competes with Dell and HP, in fact, its almost putting HP out of business, another American company.
Lenovo is a Chinese company and like Apple, has a ton of cash outside of China. Do you people know how much tax Chinese Government charges Lenovo if they bring the cash back to China and invest in China?
Take a guess, Apple has already paid what the law asked of them but Congress is asking upwards of 60%. Take a guess? Well,
ZERO PERCENT TAX.
Which one of you is willing to pay IRS 6 dollars for every 10 bucks you make? Lets say you made 1000 shorting Apple, IRS wants 600, you cool with that?
Oh trust me, the long term , forever unemployed in this country and the lazy love handouts, no matter what.
I agree. But most of these people want to get Apple's money to continue entitlements and give money to people who don't work in order to get their votes.
This is more socialist agenda of sharing wealth. The more they do this, the more thes companies will shift over seas, until the day they 100% go over seas and you will have politicians to thank. Apple paid the most taxes of ANY US company last 5 years and hires more Americans than 95% of US companies. By screwing with them, you will just drive more jobs out of the US. Nothing they did was illegal, creative maybe but not illegal. No more creative then Obama’s using their position to constantly dine with Celebrities. Not illegal there either, just using their position creatively.
Samsung is run by a Mob family in Korea, They have people all over the Governemnt, you really think they paid a ton? Want to bet your life on it?
Becauae they are 100% Korean!