I agree that EBIX needs to step up its PR and IR efforts. However, in other matters, they are very shareholder oriented. Is it because RR wants to protect his massive stake? Maybe. But that is precisely the main reason why we are all so bullish.
1) RR has over $100MM in EBIX stock. In other words, about 10% of the entire market cap. Our interests are FIRMLY aligned with the CEO's.
2) They have announced a $100MM buyback on the heels of another that just ended. AWESOME!
3) They are paying dividends - another way (albeit small) to inflict pain on the shorts. GOOD!
4) They are consistently growing (continually if not continuously) revenues and earnings per share
5) They announced a big win (London PPL). TERRIFIC!
I think some people on this board are complaining too much about the stock price swings. Even mega caps like PG, BAC and GE are seeing drops of 15% to 30% in this volatile market. EBIX is a 1.xx billion market cap. Volatility is inherently implied by that market cap.