Of course...another delay. I rushed home to see the launch and now the earliest is Friday...with marginal weather then. This rocket launch stuff sucks sometimes. Only thing worse would be Orbcomm's satellites onboard.
Almost another delay...with a computer glitch on the space station. Last I looked it's still a go for tomorrow though.
"FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2014
Launch managers today gave the "go" to continue preparations for Monday's liftoff of SpaceX's third operational cargo run to the International Space Station.
The launch readiness review included presentations from top NASA and SpaceX officials, ensuring the rocket, payload and ground systems are prepared to support launch.
Launch from Cape Canaveral's Complex 40 launch pad is set for 4:58 p.m. EDT (2058 GMT), the instant the space station's ground track passes over Florida's Space Coast.
SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket will boost a Dragon cargo capsule into low Earth orbit, beginning a day-and-a-half pursuit of the space station culminating with grapple by the lab's robot arm early Wednesday.
The Dragon spacecraft is packed with 2.4 tons of experiments, supplies and hardware for the space station. The mission is the third of 12 flights under a $1.6 billion commercial resupply contract with NASA.
The weather outlook is generally favorable for launch Monday, with Air Force meteorologists predicting a 70 percent of acceptable conditions at launch time.
But an approaching cold front will bring clouds and a chance of rain into Central Florida by Monday afternoon.
"The increased instability will create a greater risk for thunderstorms in Central Florida with the sea breeze and, combined with the westerly flow aloft, could bring electrified anvil clouds over the launch area," forecasters wrote in a summary. "These factors make the primary launch day concerns thick clouds and anvil clouds. Maximum upper level launch winds will be 70 knots from the west at 42,000 feet."
The official outlook calls for scattered clouds at 3,000 feet, broken clouds at 25,000 feet, southeast winds at 17 mph gusting to 22 mph, and a temperature of 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
Stay with Spaceflight Now throughout the weekend for in-depth coverage of the mission."
One step closer to putting orbcomm's birds in flight.
Yes it has bounced from those levels several times now. It's why I added more yesterday. But...I don't see us going much higher than $4 until Q-1 earnings are released. They need to at least meet estimates and hopefully increase guidance.
Thanks for the information. I think a quarterly dividend of $.05 - $.0625 would be perfect to keep long term share owners from selling. Hope they approve something like that.
I was saying cut the Alere ties for months. You were the one screaming "where's the Alere contract renewal/update?". This was a real tough decision for our new CEO.:)
Like friend said...they are trolling and advertising at the same time. I didn't even give them a click.
By the way...we have a couple of rocket launches to get out of the way...Thursday and Monday...I think? Then Orbcomm's sat's launch gets priority.
A close at the high of the day of $3.82 would be a really nice price reversal on an ugly trend lately.
Maybe...I'm not chancing it going lower and just added more shares. Too many positive contracts won and being implemented this year...to keep the price this low going into 2015. Good luck if the price does keep falling.....because there's no way to know for sure where it stops.
I mostly agree except for the Siebert part. LS had 7 months to cave on renewing the Alere contract and didn't. I feel that Sperzel moved forward with what LS put in place and most likely both agreed on this direction for CEMI. But...I do give credit to John for not going the other direction and signing on with Alere...like I expected. It was a common sense decision for us common sense folks....but glad to at last see the trigger pulled. Alere and Trinity were both silly for not paying a tiny amount for this potentially high growth company. Good times ahead.
to buy Hill's shares on margin was so bad. Thank goodness most of the margin holders were mostly flushed over the past couple of months already. Again...stick to their technology and leave your price predictions at home.
I think their statement is that the U.S. sales and marketing team will sell the approved products in the USA and non approved products worldwide. In other words the same sale's network will do both.
"Effective June 3, 2014, Alere's U.S. distribution rights for STAT-PAK(R) (Clearview STAT-PAK) will be terminated in accordance with the terms of the agreement. Following the effective date, Chembio will begin marketing and selling the FDA-approved and CLIA-Waived Chembio HIV 1/2 STAT-PAK(R) assay in the U.S. market."
Chembio also announced plans to build a sales and marketing team to serve U.S. customers and distribution partners.
"We intend to initially market the Chembio DPP(R) HIV 1/2 Oral Fluid test and the Chembio DPP(R) HIV-Syphilis test to moderately complex sites via the Chembio U.S. sales and marketing team," stated John Sperzel, CEO and President of Chembio. "We have already hired a Director of Sales, Sr. Director of Global Marketing and started hiring sales representatives."
Chembio had no choice...but to drop the distribution agreement with Alere, or sell the company. Alere threw us to the ground and stepped on our neck with their actions over the past couple of years.
It won't be easy or cheap...but at least now there's certainty about the new direction of the company.
Spacex is on again....after the radar fire.
"Range Realigns – SpaceX CRS-3 mission targets April 14
April 4, 2014 by Chris Bergin
"Thanks in part to the successful launch – at the first attempt – of the Atlas V with the DMSP-5D3 F-19 satellite on Thursday, teams have re-planned the next two launches from Cape Canaveral. The next Atlas V – with the NROL-67 satellite – is targeting April 10, while SpaceX’s Falcon 9 v1.1 launch with the CRS-3 Dragon is working towards an April 14 ride uphill towards the International Space Station (ISS)."
However, the date only became viable after the successful launch of the Atlas V on the other side of the country. This was due to spacing requirements between Atlas V launches, a seven day period that allows for a data review of the previous rocket’s performance and for the associated teams to travel to support the next mission.
However, now the Atlas V with NROL-67 is confirmed for April 10, documentation on Friday morning showed SpaceX has opted for the first optimum launch date placeholder, which is April 14. SpaceX officially announces the new launch date target later on Friday."
Here's another little micro cap paying a nice dividend. At $10/share...they are paying $.60/share yearly on four quarterly payments...which works out to 6% yearly...if I'm figuring correctly. Most days it can be had in lower $9s. They have been buying bargain accretive private companies as fast as they can process them....AIRI. Been in this one for several years and management has walked the talk lately.