Even with talk of interest rates starting to creep before 2016?...thought REITS get hit on that scenario...
Cisco better pay the repatriation taxes on that $50 Billion they have sitting off shore - what they have left they better use to *try* buying ANET - IMO Cisco needs to throw out the laughable lowball offer of $175/sh before they get realistic and agree to something maybe 25-35% higher...
Well look like that gap down really happened...Wonder what the next short strategy is? Media hit pieces combined with another BS 3-line downgrade from a no-name based on vague assumptions?....Hell, this turned out to be a joke - still a good enough one that I was able to read and has put me in the green...
The timing on this smells....I'm waiting for hit pieces to come out from Barrons and the Street to add push...
Agree, I also think we're one step closer to death - breathing stopped. Darkness. Cold....there is no escape.
Exactly, that's who's leading the charge: Hedges first, random hanger-ons second.
NO...look at the title: "This is why they sent several of their idiots to the board today"
Idiots = Shorts
Who is "They"?
This is a good start. I agree with the SA writer - I think they want to develop a results and refine processes - the goal is to sell assays and printers and the ability for clients to do self-analysis. I take the announcement to mean they have now formally advanced from the "crawling" stage to beginning to walk. IMO there will be wins, but not in quantity, clients will want to test the product and process until they have confidence.
That Cisco angle is so tired. Even though they play in the same IOT arena, Cisco is not interested or they would have snatched them up by now. Also this is not the type of company they like to acquire - they go after fragments they can integrate into their products. They did a couple of larger ones (Tandberg, Sci Atlanta, etc) that just are not panning out that well.
This is a standalone company that will do well enough by itself.
Regardless, if it doesn't, it's temporary. Shorts are using this opportunity, and will be until the 1st week of December is by them. I have dry powder available, and if the price is right, I'm going to add.
I in no way discount the POTENTIAL this company has, we're in total agreement. I however believe that tremors pushing the SP upward (because of leaks) will be the precursor shorts need to start laddering out (excuse the term) in their closes. I don't see any hedges or pro-shorts taking risk positions otherwise.
BTW, I doubt pro shorts and hedges waste their time posting on boards to the nickel and dime holders like us (well maybe myself), so I''m not sure they will come on and pump. They have bigger fish to fry, unless they're in the process of unloading a long (closed) position.
IMO, big time shorts will start to cover their shares ONLY when they see sales announcements with $ figures. They've ridden this puppy down from double figures, they'll probably view this as a blip unless there's reason (which we need to see). We *may* already have a percentage of the announcement already baked into the current SP. The MM's may let it run a little upon the announcement, but unless Murphy hops on it right away with more propulsion to break loose of the shorts gravity, it will get reeled back in. I saw you allude to where you think aditional PR will push this up...maybe, but Murph has already publically stated everything that will be announced, so there's little mystery - hell, even the 129 or so odd institutional holders know if they're doing their DD...the only mystery is when.
The shorts study their 10Q's (not the abbreviated yahoo posted ones) with a fine tooth comb - although this company has disruptor capabilities, it is still a company in need of cash to sustain long term and expand. They say it MANY times within the 10Q.....$200K piecemeal grants and funding is nice and they're doing warrants and share issuance where they can to pay bills, but they have a burn rate that is only increasing.
Time for the rubber to meet the road - all 4 tires.
And yes, I'm still holding....nervously.
Has to be followed up with contract announcements. Something has to be here to hold people....otherwise all the pump that has gone on will be for naught, and people will vote with their feet, just out of frustration and disgust.
yeah, you'd like that...if it goes down there I'll buy 10,000 more shares.
IMO she may be electing (or been enticed) to take her compensation to the company in shares. She probably has other clients in addition so she can weather the time/expense that way.
Good point, I overlooked that in skimming the Q. At $52M that carries them nicely.
I Stand Corrected.