I just looked at my 1099's and they list DO's dividends as non-dividend distributions. I'll have to ask why cause I thought DO paid a dividend. Now the extra 50 cents that they canned long time ago might have been a non-dividend distribution but the 12.5 cents per share was a divvy.
right now oil producers are pumping 100MM barrels a day at say 30 a barrel for 3B in sales a day. why don't they just pump 75mm barrels a day and say oil goes to 120 a barrel, that's 9B in sales. so they lose some share to the shale guys. but they are getting 3X in sales for less product. what is Saudi Arabia have for brains?? sheet?????
so we have to hold/wait till end of march/early april before we have a chance to go over 7 again? Man, my timing is always off. I go in oil and get crushed. Sell gold and it goes through the roof. Go in pharma and the candidates kill the biotechs. I can't catch a break. I need to make some losses up and get moving again. Just want to be in achn and see the ticker go across the screen in the morning at 17 or higher.
not by much but guess it's due to a good up day and people expect the news to continue. what gets me is the day the dow/nas was hugely red, aria was the only green stock on my screen. someone was buying. News coming? or just buying the low price???
you're getting me excited. I'll take 10 plus but 20 plus is awesome. I do remember watching ACHN hit 21 or so on the last news but only hit 16 plus in reg hours. Would you expect morning release? or after hours?? the thing is (from my old company), once the new firm (JNJ in this case) has control, they dictate when, how, what etc is said. So not sure when JNJ does their news. I'd hate during the market is open. I'd rather premarket or 4pm or so. beggars can't be choosers.
anything can happen. usually when a buyout occurs, new hires is the last thing that's done. most companies take all IP and take things over. If they leave it as a free standing subsidiary (like MRK did of symbia in California), they do bring in a few key people to run things. Why would JNJ buyout ACHN if they have control of the HCV drugs??? they milk them for all it's worth. ACHN might just get 15-20% royalty and JNJ the rest. That gives ACHN money and time to get something else on the market. If the drug is good and JNJ doesn't want to pay all those royalties, they buyout the firm and either transfer people or lay them off. Let's just get great data out and go from there 1st.
I need to call my relative and ask them to hurry the heck up. this is getting painful watching it drop. I agree the IBB is dropping and the market is but geez, if the news is good, we see 20's and they're selling. I can see it not going up yet but don't dump like it's going to hit 2.
man, only biotech down 8% today. What gives? as if they know the data is bad. why would anyone sell that much if the data were like PhIIa and we hit 15 plus on the news? I give up. somebody is screwing us.
geez, for a company that might have good data to push the stock to 17-20 in February, I can't believe the selloff and nobody is buying. #$%$ ?????
market probably will be down tomorrow after up 350 pts or so Friday. wonder what ACHN will do??? We need to hit 7 and climb slowly from there. you have to ask yourself that why would a firm downgrade so close to good trial news and JNJ behind the trials??? Seems like they are foolish unless they know which is bs in my opinion.
then if they downgrade because they know the news is bad, it leaked and that's a SEC violation (that won't get checked out). Don't think JNJ did the deal without a very high probability of success. time will tell.
yes. they are thorough and shouldn't have made a mistake. They found all of ours and walked while others bit and gave us money (that was eventually lost). JNJ, buyout ACHN for $30 please!!!
what makes you "think they have it"??? and if they did and the results were that good, I'd think JNJ would hold the press release and try to buy ACHN and do a joint release on the trial news and buyout so nobody can beat them to it. If so, we might be here a while waiting for results.
yeah, I'm mad at holding this when the dow/nas are up 5% in two days and this is down over 10%. I took a big loss to buy this hoping it pops. I think it will if news is good but not sure when now. just frustrated to the max. I hate analysts downgrading and doing it on a huge up day.
based on what? the trial news to come soon after that? I hope you're right. I need some gains. I watch 75 stocks and only GILD, ACHN and VRTX were red today. ugh
wish it closed at 7. geez, I sold a stock at about a 20K loss (two trades, all shares) and I'm down over 10K in this. Should have stayed in the other stock as it's up 5% from my sell.