it will take weeks to drop back to the 6's. buying will hold this up until the thought of a buyout is beyond dead.
do we know when the offer was rejected? we know or think we know that the offer came a month ago. slick Harvey might have declined in a day or so. This might have just leaked now.
this one will take weeks to tank. there won't be any or much selling and if so, buying will hold it up for another buyout chance. It will take slick berger to come on TV and say no buyouts, no offers, no CEO searches. Just hold for 20 years and we'll crack 20
yeah, that's why none of the big firms are trying to buy aria (that we know of). Who knows, maybe on Monday, 10 pharma firms will line up to buy aria but berger won't tell us.
some might have asked these but I have some while out running.
1) how did this leak?
2) why didn't aria tell shareholders they have a bid on the table?? (answer: they're stupid).
3) were there any other offers in the last 1-2 years??
4) how much was this bid for?
5) will another bid come since it was rejected?
6) are they still in talks?
7) will a hostile bid come?
8) will berger take his head out of his butttt and forget about getting an offer over 50???
9) How fast will ARIA fall to 6's again after the market realizes the bid is old and there isn't a 2nd one coming?
10) who dumped (institutional firms) on this spike in price to a 52 week high?
you get cash or the new company shares on closing the deal. you have no choice if you dig your feet in the sand and hold your ground.
the thing was aria was at 15-25 in 2013 before the FDA blew them. some say ARIA is fairly valued at 7 so 11 is good. Denner doubles his money if they go for 11. Most will lose who bought before the FDA unless you bought after the IPO or after the FDA debacle.
been in the market since 1993. who the heck is baxalta??? guess I have to search that.
you beat me. 189MM shares is 10.60. Many bought above 15 like me before the FDA junk. Doubt they'd want 11 a share.