yeah, I was stupid to buy 5K shares at 20 but it's over with. I did buy some more to average down to 18's. Not sure if I'm tossing good money after bad. I'm sure a lot of questions will be answered on nov. 5th.
this is good news but if he bought that much, someone is selling too. so someone wants to get some money out (depends where they bought) and this guy(s) is/are buying lots of shares. either they are gambling or they know something.
I have it at 53 in two accts. everytime it hits a few days of gains, some priccccks downgrade it to a sell to drop it back. we fell almost 3 bucks now from the recent high.
yeah, thanks for the news. Give this 1 year and we'll be 25.
and buyoing 5% or more, they aren't buying for $10. They're buying for $25 or higher. they must feel the drug will work in something else and it will rock to $50 or higher. Just my hopes and guess.
I'll take anything over 12 (beggars can't be choosers) but I bought at 20 (5K shares). so I'd take a hit but 12 is better than 2.50
man, this was just 20's. all the fda did was put a hold on at 45 mgs. if the 30 mg dose works, then this will recover in time. I just hope the company isn't that greedy and stupid to take less than 15.
guess we don't know why. it better go over $15 for a buyout. This bs of 7-8 is trash talk. I hope the company isn't that desperate.
boy, do you think we're that stupid to listen to you? MRK is down. You said 48's after earnings.
more like it. they were just 23 before the lousy FDA news (which is bs for a cancer drug) and now are 4 so they might settle for 16 or so.
nah, they don't have anything yet. they need a new drug or new indication to bring in huge sales of 1B or so. Right now they have neither. wait till nov 5th. they'll cut trials, cut 50% of heads, slow burn rate, work on partnerships, and do whatever it takes to get 25 a share again. They have options and stock. They want this higher more than we do.
aria is only making 15-20MM a quarter. Not that much I might say.
yeah, but you have to remember, I bought at 20 seeing GS and FMR bought millions of shares. but if they lose 100MM on this junk, they have billions in other stocks to make up the losses. so don't think this is all his money (as you well know) so this is a bet and might be a good one. only time will tell. If he makes 1B on his other stocks and loses 50MM here, he's still way ahead of the game. I wish I had balls to put my IRA into this and have it hit 25. I'd retire. But if the stupid (and I mean really stupid piricks) in the FDA (I spelled piricks that way for yahoo to allow it) comes out and takes inclusig off the market, we're under a buck in seconds. So this can go either way. If they do that, I hope someone would pay them a visit and sheet all over them forever.
been there and done that with small biotech. they have 350MM in cash but say 200MM at end of 2013 so let's just say 200MM. they will slow cash burn by not moving, ending a new lease, firing employees (at least 1/3rd of them if not 1/2) and cut or eliminate trials. Then that cash will last into 2015. What we have to hope is that the MRK drug works better and the inclusig works in some other cancer besides the one indication it's in. If so, then we're in the 20-30 range immediately. If not, we're under a buck and it's game over. As for a buyout, the stock was just 20's so forget them selling out at 7-10 (that's just chatter from longs who bought at 2-5 range after the fall from 17). Mgt has loads of options and not sure what price they are at. They get new ones every year so a lot are over 10 bucks. They want a huge payout so they are hoping for 20-30 minimum. That will take time. If the street article is right (that these two drugs are better than what Mr. Market gives them), then they will work in something else and this will go to a new 52 week high. It might take a year for this to play out. That's about it. The other thing they can do is like someone else said (buy a compound out) but if it's good, that takes a few hundred K. If it's unproven, it can be had for 10's of MM's (10 million or so). That's about it in my book. Been in pharma (big for 15 years and biotech for 10). I see nothing else as an option (short of finding a new drug and partnering that out to keep going). The big thing is to cut at least 50% of heads and run smaller trials in PhIIa/b. That saves money. Once they hit something new, big pharma will either partner or buy them out. Been there and done that. Wish I didn't buy at 20 though.
look at the daily and weekly chart. someone pushed mrk up pretty good Friday after 330pm. maybe good news on Monday and we crack 48's.