these things usually occur over the weekend or holiday weekends. if this doesn't occur by Monday, then the offer is too low and ARIA mgt rejected the offer.
so do I but "we can't always get what we want". I am in at 20. I wish it opens at 25 and I make money but at this point, I'll take my 20 back.
nobody talks. if an insider talked and was discovered, they are gone in most cases. Do I think this is real (yes) but no company will deny or support a rumor. They are working on a deal and don't need wall street to hamper them.
like I said, I worked for biotech startup and they lined their pockets with 100K's of options. They wanted to get rich. But they were trying to run a pharma company and cared more about daily business. So if this is bs, they won't worry or care and will carry on as usual. Only if it's real, will it be verified when the deal is done. Until then, it's just speculation and we longs have to sit back and wait. The thing in longs favor is that this probably leaked and it's at some stage of buyout in progress. Talks can break down. If they finally say LLY offered $20 and we said no, the stock might not even go up on that (it might tank on selling since it fell through). in our case, there might be two behind LLY who's talking. Add PFE and MRK to the list
I worked for large pharma and small biotech (basically pharma want a be). just to do a R&D deal, it took months to talk chemistry/science, have them come and do DD with the trials, chemistry, data, etc.. then they have to decide on a price and conditions. This can take a while so unless the leak is near the end of the discussions, this might not bear fruit for a while.
that is true. they don't have to comment even if talks are going on. MRK will not allow anyone to talk about their pending buyouts or they'll be fired.
not really. they could be negotiating, looking at books, data, trials. etc. this can take months to pan out.
look at today's chart. was red and down during the morning. then the climb up to close green. look at the upward slope. slow buying pushed it higher. now the AH rumors.
I bet he did. someone probably called in and he said sell the rumor. Someone should shoot that #$%$
I wish. but if this has substance, the SEC will force/call ARIA to halt for new or have them put a press release out. that will shoot the shares up.
like he knows. If he did say his sources said a buyout is coming, the SEC ought to put him in jail for 50 years and everyone ought to buttttt frock him all day long.
I didn't see anything other than a price spike from benzinga. not news article. nothing. Hey, I'm long at 20. I want this more than any of our pecker heads.