If it were up to most other countries, I think that oil prices would already be rebounding. However, the Saudi's form about 25% of the oil under OPEC. They don't seem to have any problems with this.
I think your 12-18 month time frame for $100 oil is probably about right. It will be a bumpy road getting there; however. I could see oil prices dropping a bit more before we get stabilization and eventual increase.
My first purchase was at $48/share. I am looking at averaging down as well. Am looking for a price in the upper 30s.
Banmate- Any thoughts on SDRL? Was looking at taking a flier with that one.
(A) Company suspended its dividend and is facing some class action suits as a result. Does this indicate liquidity issues?
(B) They have some Russian contracts; it is difficult to get much clarity on those contracts in light of the trade restrictions.
(C) Oil prices are dropping. They are much more heavily reliant on this than CBI.
(A) The PE ratio looks very good. Earnings look good as well. Still they would have to drop an enormous amount for this to be a poor investment.
(B) The CEO just bought a large number of shares (this differs a great deal from GTATQ) and I view that as a good vote of confidence in the company.
Hope all is going well with you. Happy holidays!!
See I wasn't the only one going back and forth on Shaw. I suppose that makes me feel a bit better. Overall, I like the company and think the future is bright.
Thanks. I was wondering why the payout ratio was low; I still bought the stock because I thought it was a nice buy at $48/share. One question do you think that purchasing Shaw was a good idea or bad? At the least, it seems controversial.
Am up a little bit with KRFT; I got in before the ex-date so I will be receiving the dividend at the end of the month. Am doing better with CBI. They had a decent report and are up a little bit as a result.
I really liked GTAT. As far as messing around with it now, I probably wouldn't (unless you have major thrill issues). Then, it could be worth a shot.
Hmm. Interesting about GLW. Am averaged in at about $12 and was thinking about selling in the low-mid 20s. Then, my attention shifted to GTAT after sapphire wasn’t incorporated into the iphone. Fortunately, I ended up selling and getting out with a good profit.
Still, I would like to hear about your insights on GLW. To me, they seem to have strong businesses, a decent amount of cash and pay an okay dividend.
I am still holding my GE position but have heard some concerns regarding GE putting more into its international business. Am definitely a fan of its dividend and my inclination is to hold this position.
Am interested in long term. My interest in technicals only relates to finding a good entry point.
I recently purchased Kraft (KRFT) and Chicago Bridge and Iron (CBI). I may increase my position in GLW. Am on the hunt for other companies as well
Was considering a sale of my INTC position but decided against it.
My broker was giving me the same message. Fortunately, I did listen and managed to get out with a nice overall profit.
With the market nearing correction territory, I am on the hunt. For the most part, I am after dividend producers hence KRFT. It's payout ratio is a bit high for my taste but I can live with that. I would like to see a higher dividend out of CBI; however, I was very happy with it from a valuation standpoint.
I may take on one additional stock beyond these two but no more than that. I like have extra money on hand should the stocks drop so that I have an ability to average down if necessary. Further, other positions that I have are taking a hit lately (am looking at GLW especially). I may be looking at adding to that one.
Oh, for a bottomless pit of money-- Is Warren looking for a long lost relative??
This would give me
Would love to get your thoughts on those.
I agree about the fundamental aspect. I was a little concerned about the accounting methods followed in association with the Shaw acquisition; however, I looked into that and am more comfortable. Will likely enter at some point.
I liked DE as well, but I still need to look into it more. Being from Chicago, I certainly like the fact that it is based out of Moline.
Did you notice that GTAT went onto the pinks? Am keeping an eye on it because am thinking the court case could give some nice insights into Apple's supplier relationships and contracts.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet on Chicago Bridge but so far I like what I see regarding the company. Did have one question, though. As this company works on nuclear plants, I am curious about CBI's the liability associated with those. In light of what happened in Japan, would CBI take a hit. I did purchase a little bit of KRFT.
Am still divided on what happened. On one hand, this deal would certainly give those involved in fraud a good way to hide it. Any time a question is asked about the Mesa factory- all you have to say is " I can't talk about ti because of confidentiality." It wouldn't send off any alarm bells at Apple because they wrote the contract. Shareholders wouldn't be inclined to question it because the stories of Apple's supplier agreements are legendary. Analysts the same way. Even the never mentioning of 2015 revenue should have been a red flag. But, it never was because people assumed that it had something to do with Apple.
On the other hand, the bankruptcy proceedings thus far seem to indicate a different story. It does sound like there are provisions in the Apple contract to protect Apple's privacy. So far, it does look like GTAT intends to honor those provisions thus helping the company retain more assets (that will likely be split by creditors).
I really feel bad for those employees that are left out in the lurch as well as for those that lost a significant amount of money.
I certainly think that those hit by this should participate in a class action; however, it is unlikely that much is recouped by shareholders. If TG (or anyone else) was involved in some sort of fraud, I hope that the US justice system deals with those appropriately and harshly.
This would not be a good idea from Apple's perspective. If they ended up doing this to one supplier, it could present issues for them going forward.
There was no clarity as to when the solar market was going to clear up and the sapphire markets weren't all that great either. Without this clarity, they were likely afraid of not having enough money to survive.
Typically, you can only participate in a suit if your individual position loses money. For example, I sold the vast majority of my stake and made a very good profit. It is very unlikely that I could sue on the basis of those shares. However, I retained a small stake, which lost money. I can participate in a suit on the basis of those shares (even though I am up quite a bit overall). Hope this helps.
Wouldn't get your hopes up with a class action suit. It is unlikely you will end up with much compared to what was put in. It also takes longer than what it probably should.
I will probably participate as well once things settle down a bit. Am not so much interested in the money (there won't be much). But, from what I have read, the CEO has at the least behaved in an ethically questionable matter. Am curious if any actions were illegal.