I think I can find a few RF shareholders who are willing to sell if you're willing to buy. You really have the stomach for trying to catch a falling knife?
Gosh Mr. Demon, we're so proud that your first ever post on the RF board comes with such dire news. But, I'm wondering if you could provide just the tiniest bit of a link to where you're getting this information. I know, you're perfectly reliable and in possession of deep insider information and all that, but "I'm hearing" is just a bit thin as a basis for a recommendation to fire management. Obviously you know a lot of things that the professional analysts don't know - they seem to be pretty unanimous in looking for RF to increase rather nicely over the next 12 months. So, please, give us a reason to believe you.
If his post had been titled "OK, South bound" he would have predicted the market action perfectly. RF is my biggest loser so far, but there's lots of competition for the title. I've said it before, and I'm saying it again, we're in for at least a 25% correction, and 50% wouldn't surprise me. I've held through previous corrections, and I'll hold through this one. My portfolio has always been built for income, with growth just bonus. So, I'm losing my bonus but keeping my income. That's what I'm hoping, at least.
Well, so much for the prediction that there was still an upward market move ahead. If the pre-market is any indication, we'll give back much of yesterday's gain.
I had a huge up day, along with the market, rising tide lifted pretty much all my boats. But oddly almost all had below average volume. I guess that means there just weren't many looking to sell, which made stocks relatively scarce for those wanting to buy, a true sellers market. Maybe that means additional increases ahead in the next few days.
Gosh, what an honor. A brand new name, first ever post, and it sounds like a short coming to frighten the board. Just ignore and move on, nothing to see here.
What's your point? Do a comparison plot of BNS with USO. For pretty much any time period over the past five years, the movement is parallel. USO has fallen more than BNS, but of course Canadian bank stocks track oil. They've invested hugely in Canadian oil reserve development. So, again, what's your point?
Are you sure he was talking about JNJ? Pfeizer has been setting itself up to divide into three companies for a couple of years, and analysts think it will benefit shareholders. But JNJ has a long and successful history of acquiring companies as "bolt-ons," in that they retain their individual identities. I don't see any way that JNJ could divide successfully. Hope they never try.
You might want to reconsider your analysis. Sales by "people with inside information" near the date of the earnings announcements are closely scrutinized.
joco, your response showed up in my Yahoo mailbox under Daily Activity, but not on this message board. Think it was because you included a link to the CMA article, and Yahoo boards delete posts with links. And because it was a link to WSJ, and I'm not a subscriber, I couldn't read it there. But, found it elsewhere and agree with you, could be a sympathy drop. I think large bank earnings are still very fragile, and small misses are going to trigger strong negative results.
Maybe some information leaked regarding earnings? Or maybe just some short-term profits being taken. On the upside, it's been a long time since RF could drop $0.29 and still be above $10.
I asked if you are short because your post sounded like it came from someone short. The dividend has been increased in the two last quarters, for almost a 25% increase- huge. But you imply that another increase is needed to justify holding. You refer to a mountain of debt and high risk - neither is the case, but someone who doesn't check facts might conclude from your post that ABBV price is way too high. It isn't. That's why you sound like a short. Your approach is more complicated than mine. I buy to hold, look for a track record of increasing dividends, and only sell if the company loses focus.
George, they always ask you to decide before the court decision. After the decision, it would be too easy to make up your mind. I tossed my copy of the letter. With 500 shares, I can't imagine you'd get enough to make it worth your time responding. And, you're right, the lawyers are the only ones who really seem to benefit from these lawsuits. Being closer doesn't really help, we're not getting any information here that you aren't getting there - wherever there might be.
No, you aren't working with a complete understanding of the situation. The current P/E reflects the $1.64B breakup fee paid to Shire. If you look at key statistics, you'll see that the forward P/E, which will not be affected by that fee, is only 13.6, very reasonable. The next increase will come 1 year after the last one. Are you holding a short position?
Most of the research groups are rating RF a firm HOLD. But S&P has raised its rating to BUY, based on a forecast of markedly higher revenues in 2016, with a 12-month target price of $12. I guess it's not impossible. Where's Wart when we need a cheerleader?
Check the article with headline about China banning stock sales by major shareholders for six months. And ordering government entities to buy more shares. Trying to "stabilize" falling market. Wonder how that's going to work out. What's RF's exposure to this?
The market keeps pricing in the expected good news, and when it doesn't come true, bumps back down. Just look at it as more buying opportunities. And more. And more.
I have no idea what will happen after (not if, but after) Greece departs the EU. As we saw in the last global financial collapse, the tightness with which the world's financial carpet is woven means that there is really no place to hide. I don't think that the Greek default and departure has been priced into the markets. Guess we'll find out in coming weeks. Maybe I'll follow shaggy's model and just go to a faraway beach with no way to keep up with the news. Hang on and good luck.