% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Norfolk Southern Corporation Message Board

chrxind 8 posts  |  Last Activity: Dec 21, 2015 9:12 PM Member since: Jul 27, 2001
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • chrxind chrxind Dec 21, 2015 9:12 PM Flag

    Sold off most of my position early on; still holding a little. Watching day by day. Another week and half and tax loss selling should be done. Having that said I suspect the teens between now and some time in 2016. We could run up to about 31 based on past op. cash flow numbers from past quarters.

    On the positive side, SXL ME-1 should be moving ethane along with propane the end of Q-4 or early Q-1 2016. I suspect propane usage up in coming 3 months as winter takes some type of hold. Should weatherbell among others "forecasts" hold, expect we'll be cooler this time next year.

    In the meantime, have a Merry Christmas!

  • Reply to

    Low Stock Price - WOW!

    by anarpat Dec 15, 2015 8:22 PM
    chrxind chrxind Dec 21, 2015 9:00 PM Flag


    I think the recent fall is during the last conf. call, at an airport terminal, the CEO noted a reverse split could happen to get listed. Enough to scare many out IMO.

    How about making some revenues and money for a change.

  • chrxind chrxind Nov 19, 2015 11:01 PM Flag

    Have to agree. I sold NS a few years back. Didn't like management. This is a multi-billion dollar merger proposal. It appears the institutional investors like it as both stocks are holding up well. Be thankful. If you want to see an example of a multi-billion dollar merger that has go to hell, check MPLX and MWE, from mid-July to date. Yet MWE management is pressing on.

  • Reply to

    Call from MWE

    by spacuna75 Nov 12, 2015 9:11 PM
    chrxind chrxind Nov 15, 2015 1:44 PM Flag

    The need for future build out has been pushed by E&P likely 1-2 years. They are all cutting capex for 2016. One reason I don't trust MPLX distro. growth projections. The IDRs guaranty nothing. If they are then perhaps MPC should provide a fraction of their shares in addition to MPLX.

    In my case at this point, there is nothing MWE management can do to change my vote against the merger. Semple needs to be replaced, and I look forward to that should the merger fail.

  • chrxind chrxind Nov 13, 2015 7:34 AM Flag

    Unit holder meeting on the merger is 1 Dec. Well should know on or about that time.

  • Reply to


    by dochits Nov 5, 2015 7:33 PM
    chrxind chrxind Nov 8, 2015 10:22 AM Flag

    The number of outstanding units increased cutting off 0.10 cents to 3.27. Should additional units be sold prior to an approved merger, the cash payout will be adjusted downward accordingly.

  • Reply to


    by dochits Nov 5, 2015 7:33 PM
    chrxind chrxind Nov 7, 2015 11:09 AM Flag

    Understand you point, and yes it is a conundrum. Nonetheless the market appears to hate the deal. Both unit prices continue to suffer nearing the final outcome, MPLX leading the way again. Understand the earning power effects are tough now, but we are talking about a 15+ billion dollar merger suffer like I have never seen. For the most part I have lost much confidence in Semple and company, thus began selling most of my position early on this year. Tax issues are irrelevant to me. Then to add insult to injury, they jipped the cash portion down by issuing more units just prior to the vote, how stupid is that. Many were hoping for a sweetened deal, but the opposite happened. The question is the ramifications either if merger goes through or not. If not approved, my impression is Semple and company will be cornered looking like idiots, perhaps facing a board overthrow. A likely scenario should other buyout offers have been taken. If approved, they are safe.

    In sum, this is a distressed sale and function of managements conduct contrary to what they told investors from the beginning. I addition, suspect outside merger pressure from EMG and/or other shadow investor influences. It is not in best interest of long-term unit holders who assumed an investment in an independent business. We'll seen in the next few weeks how things turn out and get through that event first. I voted against the merger.

  • Reply to

    Nora Sale

    by value_00 Nov 3, 2015 10:12 PM
    chrxind chrxind Nov 7, 2015 10:00 AM Flag

    According to management, this is likely not the only sale to come. Should Midcontinent division be sold, their with only one stacked play. Two possible outcomes is then they either merge with another equivalent NE E&P outfit or they are preparing to sell the business entirely.

70.14+0.77(+1.11%)Feb 5 4:02 PMEST