price action today- when everything is getting crushed, reaffirms our belief that institutions are holding this thing up right now
I am with you on that conclusion- my hunch is that the recent price action is very much institutionally based - not retail. However, there has been some legitimate support on this thing the past 20-30 days and every time it takes a minor hit it bounces back. I am waiting for the secondary offering and will use the over reaction sell off as my entry point to get back in. As you stated- I think the EU approval at a minimum off sets some of the losses if timed with secondary news- or , if released on its own will boost the stock in a major way. Tough call on how to play those cards for mgmt- either way its only PPS and a shorterm problem.
look at the volume -very light. A few late processed orders and perhaps a trade here and there. Ah and Premarket is very irrelevant to the situation- just stay focused on information about the company- not share price. Price swings are going to happen short term- just gotta realize there are different approaches to investing with different time horizons and that people taking profits/ playing short term are in it for different reasons than long term investors. Know your strategy- have a game plan- and stick to it.
Nvax is not going to rise on "potential" for making a quick vaccine on ebola, Mers, or any other articles that people post hoping that the hype will spur a stock rise based on the fact nvax comes up as a number 1 search term on goolge (millennial thought process). Bottom line- when the company starts to make it clear to investors that we can see the finish line on RSV- money will start pouring in. No one cares about potential "pandemic" threats and the lie that the FDA and govt will waive phase trial requirements in a panic to get a vaccine to market.
u post typical small bio unconditional optimism on a regular basis - if thats u want out of people you should start posting on the INO board. This board is fairly objective when compared to other boards- and thats a good thing.
Its not a bad strategy and is what I've been doing also. For a core position- u don't have to be as picky with a buy in price- since in theory u are getting in because u think the company has lots of long term upside. Yeah- u can try to time it perfect- but end of the day if 5-8% is a big deal when all is said and done 3 years from now- the stock will be a disappointment. I do think its important to consider your time horizons and need for cash though- and to have investments that deliver current growth- along with ones that will deliver later on down the road. The day will come for nvax- but its not happening in the next 6 months like many project. Its a 2 year deal.
We haven't had a meaningful event for the company since late april. Need something or we are going to remain stuck. I have been holding two positions- one core and one trading since being a bag holder on this is not an efficient way to make use of your money. Even if we do go to $10 in 2-3 years- you can make more than a 100% in less time than that by actively trading/ while at the same time holding your core to take advantage of tax code and absorb all the gains that accrue over that time.
I don't get what people expect in a penny stock. Its risky and you are going to have huge swings thats a fact. I got in a little high on this, but will hold to see if it plays out. You should never expect a penny stock to blow up- you put it in the portfolio as a potential home run and if it doesn't pan out hey you knew what you got into and you cut your losses. Go to a safe stock with dividends if you don't want the risk- that simple.
thank u vis- bottom line is a lot of ppl preaching partnership right now are short term thinkers that just want another PR- without considering what it means #$%$ away equity). I think INO will make there right choice, but I do not think it is necessarily entering a partnership agreement. Just another buzzword that retail biotech investors use that pray a catalyst will bump up the stock and make them dumb money
I agree with the mentality that trusting in mgmt is key. This is something I did not realize when I first started investing and would overlook. I always cared purely about the name and company fundamentals- and cared less about the leadership style or company officers when it came to shareholders and the company's impression as a whole. Now- I pay a whole lot of attention to it. With small companies like INO that don't have news every day coming out- its critical to have a guy at the helm that knows how the play the PR game, maintain credibility, and execute properly - so that those "drought" periods don't become so concerning from a shareholder's perspective. Gild taught me that first, and INO attracted me initially for the very same reason.
A lot of bios that have recently run up took a little beating today and considering the recent gains by INO- I think today's price action shows confidence in the results and future moving forward.I think we need to expect a short term sell off in the next couple weeks as the market has been very bullish the past month or so with a couple short term hiccups, and I would feel more comfortable if the major indexes weren't so high right now. Market can't go much higher without serious scrutiny about being overbought. Nonetheless, be smart with your cashflow- and I think in the next 6 months with vgx 3112 being further developed and a phase III for vgx-3100 - we are going to rise up as the company future becomes a bit more "real" rather then speculative. Very exciting times- just remember that short term price action means nothing, and expect some bumps along the road. Key is resisting the urge to react when its just unjustified noise.
its post like this that make me confident in my position. You probably short with options because you don't have cash. If the 401k and other employee pension replacements didn't exist either would you. Please- get a real job and grow up
I was in it from april 2012 to april 2014 - company seems to have given up on remaining in the news in any way and has really done little to boost its reputation during non news periods ( name the last thing that happened to tngo that gained any type of acclaim other then the samsung partnership 6-8 months ago). Been watching at these levels, but as PR has faded on this thing over time, so has volume and now you have a liquidity problem on this thing and not much opportunity to make money "Trading" it. I am not quite sure if I have the confidence in this company to make it a long term investment either. Will see what comes of earnings and go from there.
if AEGR- the worst performing biotech by far over the past 6 months was up 4% today, u can assume it was a sector bump. Bottom line is nvax is stuck in a trading range between $4-5/share until something meaningful happens. Keep it realistic
I think the question is whether we want the partnership. We did a secondary offering months back for the purpose of having company independence and being able to execute ourselves, and with a partnership comes lost profits on the product sales (lets not think like preclinical investors that don't think about company PROFITS). It will come down to strategic thinking on behalf of mgmt as to what product we think we have the best chance at disrupting the market with and where we want to be selfish when it comes to execution and commercialization.
most shorts on this thing were people buying insurance to hedge their long position. Expected that it would decline today- but I also will be the first to admit I don't know what to expect PPS wise over the next month or so. General Market itself is due for market correction- hopefully this news helps shield us from that sell off
maybe u need to get out of the penny stock game and find some big boy stocks then- stop looking at PPS and how many shares u can own and grow a diverse portfolio you goon.