According to a guest on Nightly Bus. Report,earlier this week, the FDA has nothing to do with pricing drugs. Companies can charge any amount they like. IAnd it is unlikely they ever will. They were discussing the whole issue of high drug prices in the U.S.; with the latest Gilead drug being a prime example.
Temporary Sr. Clinical Programmer
Partners with clinical data management, statistical programmers, and biostatistics staff to develop dataset specifications, data review tools, datasets and reports on data from Phase I-IV clinical trials.
She called me back almost right away. She was very pleasant to chat with. The main point was there are many, many bits of new information coming soon with one after another for sometime to come. Much better than any experience I had with Butler!
Susan led the Investor Relations function at Gilead for more than a decade, having previously served in several positions during her 23 year career at Gilead in Corporate Communications, Sales & Marketing Operations and Business Development.
Her experience in IR includes:
• Coordinating consistent outreach to the investment community, including proactive outreach to existing shareholders as well as targeting new investors
• Preparing communication materials for quarterly earnings calls, including conference call scripts, earnings slides and press releases
• Coordinating corporate messaging between investor relations, public affairs, sales & marketing, research & development, finance, business development and other functional areas• Providing analytical support to senior management on a regular basis
• Overseeing the design, creation and updating of the investor presentation
• Providing senior management with ongoing feedback from the investment community: key questions, concerns, sentiment
• Serving as a highly responsive resource for the investment community
• Acting as member of the functional teams evaluating and executing mergers & acquisitions, numerous rounds of financing (private, IPO, secondary and debt)
• Leading investor communication planning for key corporate events (press releases, milestones, M&A, financing, etc)
• Leading the Annual Shareholder Meeting process, including negotiating positive outcomes re: activist proxy proposals
• Working with the leadership team to develop an annual IR calendar that focused on high-quality contact with current and targeted new investors
• Shaping the investor relations strategy annually
• Speaking on behalf of the company at investment presentations and individual investor meeting• Outside of investor relations, serving as a strong team leader for cross-functional projects selected by the CEO, COO
GlaxoSmithKline A Phase 1/2, Open-Label, Multicenter Study of Foretinib (GSK1363089) in Adults With Liver Cancer. ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier:NCT00920192 Last verified: August 2013
This study is ongoing, but not recruiting participants. The purpose of this study is to assess the safety and tolerability of foretinib (also known as GSK1363089) when used in the treatment of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer). Estimated Study Completion Date: May 2014
So we should be hearing about this one soon.
Just one more reason Exel has some positives.Which you ignored.
Performs statistical analysis on data related to product development in a research and development environment. Uses statistical software (SAS, R, etc) to create and maintain listings, tabulations, graphical summaries, and formal statistical estimates and tests. Creates datasets in a standard format (i.e., SDTM), analysis datasets, assesses quality of data analysis programs, and develops automated analysis tools where appropriate. Develops programs to assist with data review such as edit checks and custom listings. May be responsible for data integration used for clinical summaries and/or creation and quality control of statistical submission components to regulatory agencies. May partner with biostatisticians and clinical data management staff in establishing standards for clinical data collection, management and/or reporting of data.
"OUT OF FAVOR: Biotech stocks have gone from investor favorites to pariahs. After making big gains last year, biotechs have been crushed in recent weeks as they come under pressure to lower prices for their drugs. Biogen dropped $14.33, or 5 percent, to $286.35 and Gilead slid $4, or 6 percent, to $66.65. Both roughly doubled in value last year. "
Biotechnology stocks hit a steep slide Thursday with all major exchange-traded funds in the sector down more than 5% and a number of individual equities down 10% or more amid broader market declines.
The bellwether iShares Nasdaq Biotechnology ETF / IBB was off nearly 6% in early afternoon trades while the SPDR S&P Biotech ETF fell more than 6%. The drop was puzzling to ISI Group analyst Mark Schoenebaum.“I frankly just don’t know why biotech is off so much today,” he said in a note to clients
Sorry I can't get an answer to the question either. "fact, it is approved by insurers for off-label use" Does that mean it can be used for an cancer the want? I hope by the end of the yr. we'll both be in clover. Take care old co-worker.
Doesn't what you posted from the MDACC website apply to this? Preliminary results showed that while cabozantinib reduces PCa-118b tumor growth, a “resistance niche” is present, in which viable p-MET positive tumor cells are found in proximity to newly formed bone. … We hypothesize that the resistance niche consists of osteocrines secreted from tumor-induced bone. … Our objectives are to (1) identify specific osteocrines that confer resistance to cabozantinib treatment; and (2) perform preclinical and then clinical trials to identify inhibitor combinations that will overcome resistance to cabozantinib.
While resistance to cabozantinib is used as a study model, the results from the proposed study will be able to apply to other therapies, e.g docetaxel or cabazitaxel.
If so I think there is still hope they'll learn hope to over come this?
Thanks. Lots of interesting things you posted today. After reading your posts it lead me to a site you may love and find helpful, filled with information. Cobimetinib (GDC-0973) - BioOncology - Cancer