Be careful as you must wait 31 days before reentering unless you want to invoke a wash sale. April could bring some modest movement up so evaluate the risk reward for leaving at this price. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you for your courage. We all hope the best for you as you engage each day in this struggle to extract a full measure of life even as you battle the knowledge of your situation. I hope the FDA will see how valuable the "quality of life" is to those who face these daunting circumstances. AF could care less about your daily battle. Life does have a way of dealing with people like him. Hopefully CUR and/or other worthy investigations will find a treatment that will bring yu a better quality of life.
you got a great deal. The pipeline is intact and the phase III will result in a protocol for selection of patients most likely to benefit from this particular treatment. This will address Adam's complaint. Eva suggested as much not too long ago and I think the presentation today alluded to same. The quick profit traders have abandoned this post and the new buyers can look forward to a steady return to a share price supported by the two recent upgrades. Upgrades are not done without a significant amount of due diligence. Failure to apply industry standards to a recommendation can result in serious litigation. This is why the longs need to hold the line. This panic will pass and Garr may in fact want to do a blog to reaffirm the direction and the positive bias of this data. I certainly hope he does as he is the CEO and what is good for the share price is ultimately good for the continued funding of the science and his position.
Not to worry.... most of the conflict centers on the STEM/CUR litigation. Some people simply must win an argument regardless of the points made. Absent this acrimony I think the message volume would be 40% current level. I also believe the content would be consistent with the excellent posts my many of the board contributors. The knowledge base supporting the analysis of the science is outstanding. I look forward to reading and learning from these posts. After the verdict is in the STEM and CUR supporters will take their separate paths. Good luck to both companies as both simply want to improve the prognosis for their respective patients.
Major dilution of shares just occurred. Might be best to wait to see when the smoke clears.
Volume was indeed good but not good enough to suggest shorts are covering. That, as it turns out, is actually very positive. The performance today is more in line with base building. Building the base augurs well for a more robust elongated growth curve. With undeniable positive events already in place on the calendar we should see incremental improvements in PPS through April. Some kind of plateau or trading range will then take charge with periodic steps to up side as encouraging news leaks. At some junction a partnership agreement will be reached with a firm that wants to get a major foot in the door for a future buy out. The partnership approach will mitigate their risk and yet offer enormous future value and pipeline growth. The partnership deal will push CUR into a very attractive PPS. /the higher PPS will attract investors who prefer to pay the premium for companies that have a proven tract record. Every young person invested in this stock should try to build their base asa this good be their breakout stock. May the success of this stock contribute to the improved health of the patients and a great sense of achievement to the scientists who make this all possible. May the loyal investors who have stayed with this stock for years also take some small measure of pride in the good that will ultimately come from their investment what is possible over what is.
Fair question ..... Possibly to avoid unproductive speculation which ultimately undermines the markets ability to fund innovative research. FTG provides a great service to us all by his intelligent and dispassionate delivery of his notes and research. Reports like his supports the measured scientific approach supported by CUR and other quality research groups. If the FDA demands a measured and private approach we are well served by complying. In the end the FDA is a vested partner in this research as their credibility and reputation are also at risk. I have to assume they also want the process to proceed with as much dispatch as can be supported by the data.
I wonder if it is just a declaration of the shares settled by the MM. Hopefully it is a "new" position taken in anticipation of a pre and/or post presentation run-up. Friday and Monday could provide the market with a far more positive view of the future prospects for CUR.
You lift the level of this board every time you post. Thanks for taking the time and effort to keep us informed and on a positive disposition regarding the future of CUR.
Earnings are due out on January 23rd so there may not be a monthly report. We know Japan is way down and Europe is possibly in recession and there are a few cases of Bird Flu so post January 23rd we may get a good buying opportunity.
Look at the movement in the average daily volume. If volume stays stable the new shares are with institutions and thus are not "really" part of the real time float.
Don't worry. The entire market was in retreat today. Sometimes stocks just drift lower due to a prevailing ill wind. A fresh breeze will surely come soon. STEM did well this week and it will do well again as more positive winds take hold. The entire sector is critical to the best interests of this country.
If we fail to fund this critical research, at the sole risk of investors I might add, we will lose our current leadership role. To some extent governments need to create opportunities for productive work. The social stability of the population is balanced the emotional and economic benefits of going to work every day. Biomedical research is a fantastic way to improve our quality of life and at the same time support the growing need to seed work initiatives. I am confident the government will in some subtle way make sure that the investor climate remains positive. If they fail in this effort then all medical research will all be funded by the taxpayer. Health care issues are growing, so doing nothing is just not an option.... at least for a moderately intelligent population. Hopefully the FDA can facilitate this synergy and move us all forward with a little more dispatch.
The Chinese need to stop investing in empty apartments and start investing in their own future. The cost of treating an ever increasing number of stroke victims for their aging population will dramatically impact their ability to provide adequate health care for the entire population. Last year an insightful article pointed out that the Chinese will soon have to reduce investment in US bonds as a result of this specific and rapidly growing internal health care expense. In the best of all worlds stock would be issued in a Chinese CUR subsidiary to fund the remaining studies on stroke treatment. The marriage would help both the Chinese and the US. We both benefit from the results and the new shareholders would begin to enjoy the freedom, risks and rewards of investment. We are not a flash in the pan company. I would like to think the Chinese can process the merits of this suggestion and make an appeal to our board to finds ways to bring more financial strength to and company that can provide a material impact on their health care system.
I think Brownlady is on target. As a biochemist I am inclined to favor testing various combinations of treatments to achieve the optimum impact for the patient. As noted by other posters the FDA could really advance the science if they implemented policy that actually favored the path to synergies. Just my opinion ....
The treatment protocol that you recommend speaks to the real problem with the slow as you go process. April and her fellow patients deserve the most innovative and responsibly aggressive treatment available. Last year at the ALS hearings our hearts were broken by the many accounts presented by brave patients who would not receive direct benefit from speeding up the process still argued vehemently to accelerate the treatment process. Hopefully this will soon change. But to your question, April is powerless to advocate for herself with respect to engaging in protocols that are not sanctioned.
3.1 million divided by 700,000 yields an exercise price of approximately $4.43/share. .... Since the warrants were soon to expire the timing of the CC and associated price movement is unsettling. Probably nothing more than good luck... I guess. I wonder if any of the warrants remain unactivated?
People, BCLI and others are making great progress in defeating an insidious disease. I don't own BCLI but I appreciate the positive reaction the market has given in response to their progress with ALS. Many of the longs on these boards have been invested for years. They neither pump nor dump. They use their capital to support the fight. Without these committed investors ALS wins and patients suffer. I hope for the best results possible for BCLI, STEM, CUR and all the other companies working hard to improve the life for patients suffering from these terrible afflictions. Try to keep your personal agenda out of the conversation.
You are on target here. Clearly this price target was a difficult decision given on Friday it traded on just emotion over BCLI at $3.09. Guess where it will be when actual positive data is posted in late January or the STEM trial finally gets put to rest. Last year we hit $4.80 or so just on the basis of promising science.The promise is about to come home and $4.80 will look in retrospect as a great buy in price.