You may not have read my premise correctly. If you did not buy below $1.27 then you would have a loss when sold at $1.27. Buying it back in less than 30 days at $1.20 would trigger a wash. You are correct in that I am not a day trader. I am however a fairly successful investor. My skill set employs basic conservative instruments involving options and working trading cycles for some targeted stocks. At present, I don't believe CUR has the liquidity to trade 5,000 share lots but since you are doing it successfully my hat is off to you. I
You plan may have some problems. In practice, you just can't put 5000 shares up for sale when the trading blocks are 100 to 300 shares. Unless you bought the shares at $1.19 you will have to deal with wash sale rules and that accounting garbage is just not worth the effort. Probably better to try you move on a runup sine CUR does not tend to hold these gains.
I was under the impression that a stop loss order cannot be executed until the price hits the target and then turns up before it continues the downward price movement. I do hope you got executed. You probably had the order in early in the day so well done.
We all benefit from well researched honest intellectual discourse on the merits of a new protocol or the effectiveness of a new biologic. The process fails when contributors try to disparage a stock in an effort to achieve some small measure of self-gain. For years, we have benefitted from the contributions of well educated and extremely patient contributors like editroide2. I know that this is an impossible request, but I would like to see as a requirement for posting a verifiable declaration of ownership. I am not talking of ownership levels less than 10,000 shares. If ownership exceeds 10,000 shares then we know at least some skins are in the game. If ownership is zero or short then that too must be disclosed. Clearly this information does not negate what is posted but it does impart some sense of intended impact. No, it will not replace from the equation the due diligence every investor must do before committing funds but it would help in evaluating some of the posts made in great abundance from some contributors.
Again, I wish to thank the many contributors who have shared with us the fruits of their personal research and their analytical insights. Your posts have added to the joy of ownership in this exciting company even as the stock has suffered so many setbacks. Yes, I do own in excess of 10,000 shares and I do support the goal and mission of this company with regard to attacking the devastating diseases of the brain that we currently support through our research funding. Our greatest hope is that the access to our capital does in some small measure contribute to the quality of life of our brothers. Our best to all the patients we are trying to serve and to the millions who currently do not have direct access to our treatments. We do hope that our treatment or that of another company will soon bring them mitigation or complete remission of symptoms and disease.
The size of the buy is more important than the price. /clearly the buyer has the funds and wanted the shares. I do wonder why people wait for after hours to purchase when the volume is so thin. Absent new information an order like this does seem out of place. Hopefully the investment will provide a nice return.