I still have a sizeable stake of INVN as well in my base shares. And that last earnings report was pretty gut wrenching……….watching the stock price plummet after hours like no bottom in sight. I'm better positioned now and feel really comfortable going into earnings. It's a win win situation. If they do good, then my base shares will go up and I make money. If they do bad, then I can buy back my tracings shares at a lower price.
Do a google search for "Xiaomi unveils Mi 4 smartphone and Mi Band wristband"
Southwestern Energy, Ultra Petroleum have declined as well ever since natural gas started dropping………but it seems like RRC declined a bit more, possibly because more leveraged to the price of natural gas.
I haven't been searching for any news lately as I'm just going to wait for the earnings call to see what's happening. I think the news is that there is a lot of Apple speculation lately.
That batch of trading shares was bought after the last earnings release in the 17's, 18's.
those for the longer term. I will buy the trading shares back again if Mr. Market throws me a bone again.
Ok, Just added a nice little chunk at 76.07 just now (more than my initial position of 82.45 and 79.42 buys). Long Term holding.
I'm just feeling really really good watching this go up every week.
surprised we are just hanging around in the upper 60's. I'm hoping they will address the short seller comments (the one who told his clients to sell about 4 or 5 days before releasing the damning seeking alpha article to the public) in some detail.
Really weird this time because it seems like the stock should be going down, but it isn't. And even after the recent 80 something million acquisition of 2 companies, it didn't go down. I'm really feeling like we are going to get Apple, but won't get verification until the quarter ended September or December. I think the expectations are low this quarter, so I don't really see it going down too much on a miss………but I've been wrong the last couple of earnings releases.
Maybe I will need to sell about 2 shares so I can get a fatter wallet. It's looking like I'm going to need one. Uh oh, I'm starting to get cocky again and that doesn't always end good. ; )
I'm thinking we won't learn anything new regarding Apple on the conference call. No new Apple products came out in the quarter ended June and Invensense has stated in the past that they let the tear downs confirm what products their chips are in. So it will still be a mystery. However, if the stock price were to drop after earnings, I would expect more than one analyst to say the drop is unwarranted and to buy the stock. We will more likely get some clarity in the quarter ended September (only if any new Apple products have been released), but most definitely will know either yes or no by the quarter ended December 31. I'm not selling anything yet. Still got all my base shares and trading shares.
I don't blame you. What's a little scary is that the stock has run up in anticipation of a good earnings / good guidance / sneak peak at a new customer report, but I'm not sure if we will learn anything at this cc. Quarter ended in June, a report said iWatch delayed, and iPhone started production in July (after our quarter ended). It really hurt to see our stock get crushed after the last 2 earnings reports. I still have all my base shares and trading shares.
I was thinking after the big drop that it was an excellent purchase also. I'm planning to hold this for a while and have a couple more bids in the upper 70's and mid 70's that will cancel just before the earnings release. Appreciate all your input.
You should know better than that because as you said in a previous post, Rosenblatt is a compulsive liar……..therefore they didn't increase their short position, but they increased their long position. Sorry, but the only one that has been had is you.