As good as with the hoped for better than PFS would be a homerun. If I was given the choice of a drug that had longer PFS but slightly less OS I would take the former. A longer time in remission is much more important to me (and I think many others) than a longer life lived in misery.
I think this is the largest trade I have seen and it was afterhours - at 4:30 3.9 million shares traded hands. Did not move the share price so I guess it was just some hedging.
Laughed when I looked this up. There were trades of 93 and 20 shares - WDT? This is a 6 dollar a share co. at 20 shares your commission eats up over 10% of your cost!
I have been a bit worried about the additional data requested by the FDA, and this new release reduces that concern down to almost nothing. If the Swiss did not find anything that concerns them I doubt the FDA will either. I would have to think that the Swiss have been in touch with the FDA - or is that frowned upon?
Regardless, this has been a great month for EXEL and their future patients.
This seems like poor planning. Yes they should be presenting near each other but they should not be overlapping. Anyone interested in RCC will want to see both.
How likely is it that Choueiri delays his presentation to give the NIVO attendees a chance to hear his presentation?
I guess we will find out why they were vague about the NIVO results- was it because they were not that great? Yes they increased OS which is great for patients, but by how much? I have a feeling that when the Meteor trial completes it's OS will be better.
I'm not disagreeing, but why is it only a correction when the market is going down? I've always thought it should be a correction when the market goes up 10% too.
Ernie, thanks for taking the time to compose such a well researched response. Assuming 6 weeks to go thru the data (sadly OS is a lot easier to determine than progression) that puts us at late May early June I would think.
Ernie, do you have any thoughts on when the OS will be released? All EXEL has said is 2016 which is pretty vague.
Also since this is a sNDA they will be submitting does that change the amount of time the FDA takes to make it's decision once he application has been submitted?
The problem being that all he idiots will follow them to the "other" forum. Bothers me too, all the useless posts by posters that guessing by their user names are fixated by their genitals.
This court decision made the lead editorial of the WSJ today! They are totally behind the decision and it's a good read.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
wilderguide, that is one of the best, well thought out posts I have read on this board. Right up there with Ernie's posts!
I totally agree and in the next 10 years we will see a drop off in costs because people will not be prescribed drugs in a shotgun style. Just as important as where your cancer is will be what set of mutations are "driving" your specific cancer. It will make it harder to have blockbuster drugs.
18,500 isn't chump change esp in a small cap biotech. I'm in with about 48,000. Makes the math easy every 25 cent movement is almost 10,000.
The FDA is going to hate giving up that power but I thought the judge had a well reasoned decision. So they may appeal it - after all it's not their money they are spending, but I see it upheld. If a higher court upheld it this would be even worse for the FDA.
If it stands I see a few braver companies dipping their toes in the water (or sales reps looking to better their numbers), followed by everyone jumping in.
Very early results, but a nice find. Who knows what straw will break the shorties back.