At least a double from 1.40. IMHO. There is some big money to be made with that automated version. Not only that, but Abbott's salesforce would be aboard, also. Abbott has over a 1000 of these machines in hospitals across the US. Heart failure affects an estimated 5.8 million Americans, with approximately 670,000 new cases occurring each year. These machines impact turnaround time & availability of results, and saves money. Why use anyone elses product? These tests are several hundereds of dollars. Do the math and say they spilt reves 50/50 since it is more likely that Abbott with be responsible for marketing from a salesforce point while BGMD will handle marketing from a clinical data/publishing standpoint, which would keep burn rate low while significantly increasing revs.
It is common for large investors to loan their acquired shares to short sellers for interest when it suites them. Short sellers would be interested in shorting BGMD, if they thought the company was vulnerable, and there would be a chance to cover at lower prices
I used the term offering because based on current projections that is when they will need to raise cash through Shelf Offering, with Aspire, or public offering. It appears BGMD likes to keep around 4million in bank for emergencies and doesn't wait until they have 0 cash before trying to get funding. Also, yes. That -.06 EPS share was calculated using diluted shares. Keep the faith!
It was actually a new 510K filing. Older 510k filings are given more priority than newer ones and just because it is one which was previously filed before doesn't mean it is "fast-tracked".
It is actually in clinical chemistry department. Also, 510 K clearances that have clinical data taker longer than those without it. May take 6-12 months. That study you are referring to didn't make any differentiation between those 510ks submitted with data vesus those that didn't.
What don't add up? They raised enough money to carry them into 2Q 2015. Companies don't wait until they have 0 cash until they raise money? At a burn rate of 2.2m they will have roughly 4 million in the bank when they do the offering in 2Q 2015, like last offering. Makes good business sense to me to keep emergency money.
Second, nobody said they were doubling the salesforce all in 2Q 2014. It was stated that by end of 2Q 2014 salesforce would be double of that as 2Q 2013.
As far as earnings, it is a "flip of the coin". But I believe we get -.06 EPS as estimated, but we dont get estimate of 1.4 million in revenues. But revenues will be better than 739,000, when EPS was -.08, in Q1 2014 when this stock was trading at 1.25ish going into earnings. How will the stock trade with better revenues than last quarter and better EPS at .95? GLTA
NIce find. It was actually changed in August 2014 from recruiting to completed study along with all relevant updated information. It appears to me it was left open just in case FDA needed some further testing results. Looks good to go.
Who knows. It usually comes by the time it seems everyone is throwing in the towel. I know some people who have been in RNN since 1-1.50 range waiting on that partnership news due midyear. It is all a question of timing, patience, and pain tolerance with these spec bios. GLTA
It appears that the Company was only concerned about releasing news to keep the stock elevated until they did the offering. Also, revenues were estimated to be 1.3 million last quarter based on that CMS rate increase effective January 1, 2014. Howevere, they came in at 739,000. Estimates are now 1.4 million this quarter based on that CMS rate increase for which there has been mysteriously no increase in revenues so far.
Say we meet EPS of -.06 on earnings for 2nd Quarter 2014, which would be same EPS for 4th Quarter 2013 and better than -.08 EPS for 1st Quarter 2014 and way better than -.18 same time last year.
Shouldn't the stock prise rise even if the analyst is looking for 1.4 million in revenue 2nd Quarter 2014 and we only get say 865,000?
Seems like the Company is delivering ultimate result just through cost cutting instead of aggressive spending to increase revenues.
Seems like the analyst estimates are based on a $2.00 stock and not one trading at .90.
I see how you can get the 860s on reves due to sales upon researching prior earnings. How did U get to the 1.2? I know they plan on having double sales force by end of 2Q 2014 (10 total). You believe they hired all five at beginning and the increase amount is due to the five or they hired some during the quarter and the rest after and the increase was due to that? Do you know how much one of the salespersons can bring in revenue and how much they will cost the company in total expenses/operating costs?
They have done it of late no earlier than 7 days before earnings. Hear whispers of 13 and 14th. Look for it around 6th or 7th.
I have no idea what you are talking about. The delisting process is set in motion when a company trades for 30 consecutive "business days" under one dollar. How many consecutive days trading under a 1 as of July 23? None. Then they get 180 calendar days to fix it not counting appeals.
The Abbott Architect automated Galectin-3 immunoassay has been in use in Europe for over a year now. The current BGMD Galectine is already FDA cleared. Several studies have shown automated version just as effective as current BGMD Galectine. This should be easy for FDA. It is not like it is a totally new immunoassay with nothing to compare it to. Should hear something within 6 weeks a latest. IMHO
I agree. These guys know what they are doing. The higher the price the more money they can raise. On the lasy CC they also said they would have sales force doubled by end of 2nd quarter, also. Coincidence?? They like to issue more shares on pops.
Jess, this is a different company than a year ago. Earnings per share were -.18 and -.13 when this stock traded to its low of .55. Last earnings per share was -.08. Stock dilution is factored in PPS. Price targets are not set by insider buying and what a stock traded to last year. This stock bounced around from .55 to .76 until we got some good news. FDA speculative approval is not factored in current price. I doubt we take any hit or very little at the .90 price range. Current earnings support current evaluation.