"Stephen Blackwood: ObamaCare and My Mother's Cancer Medicine:
"The news was dumbfounding. She used to have a policy that covered the drug that kept her alive. Now she's on her own."
"Though I'm no expert on ObamaCare (at 10,000 pages, who could be?), I understand that the intention—or at least the rhetorical justification—of this legislation was to provide coverage for those who didn't have it. But there is something deeply and incontestably perverse about a law that so distorts and undermines the free activity of individuals that they can no longer buy and sell the goods and services that keep them alive. ObamaCare made my mother's old plan illegal, and it forced her to buy a new plan that would accelerate her disease and death. She awaits an appeal with her insurer."
They are race-baiting racists.
Peggy Noonan considers the fate of charter schools in The Ideologue vs. the Children: “…[T]he people who run the public-school system that doesn’t work—the one where you can’t fire teachers who sexually prey on students and principals who don’t even show up for work, which is to say the public schools run by the…huge and powerful teachers union—don’t like the charter schools. And they are [New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s] supporters, a significant part of his base. The very existence of charter schools is an implicit rebuke to the public schools… It means they are not succeeding, and something new must be tried. … When a school exists for the students, you can tell. When it exists for the unions, you can tell that too…”
Obama's a COMPLETE FAILURE.
Judge Andrew Napolitano addresses the muted responses to President Obama’s use of executive action in An Unconscionable Silence: “The political philosopher Edmund Burke once remarked that all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good folks to do nothing… Presidential law writing violates the presidential oath of office, steals power from Congress, disrespects an equal branch of the government and, when unchecked, accumulates such power in the executive branch that it effectively transforms the president into a menacing tyrant who rejects his constitutional obligations and limitations…”
His $2.7 trillion, according to the whitehouse.gov site, was not achieved until 2006. So, I suppose now the libiots no longer just blame Obama's failure on bush! they are going back to the last century for Reagan?
As part of Ohio’s efforts to clean up the voting rolls, election officials discovered that more than 257,000 dead people were still listed as active voters.
I’m not saying we had zombie votes because we haven’t seen that evidence yet, but I am struggling to come up with a good way to defend Democrats’ behavior on the Voter ID debate when there were 257,000 dead people still listed as active voters and and at least 17 factual cases of voter fraud in Ohio. It is painfully obvious that the system needs a makeover if it is that awful at staying up to date with who is and isn’t alive.
That's the history, libiot. Your party also fought against civil rights.
Well, that's about what happens with all your lame brained ideas. Tell you what- go out, take a risk, start a business and meet a payroll. THEN tell us you still like all your liberal rants.
Simple supply & demand economics, chuckleheads. Man, are you guys stupid.
From "Gun Control Facts." By James D. Agresti and Reid K. Smith.
Crime and Self-Defense
* Roughly 16,272 murders were committed in the United States during 2008. Of these, about 10,886 or 67% were committed with firearms.
* 0.5% of households had members who had used a gun for defense during a situation in which they thought someone "almost certainly would have been killed" if they "had not used a gun for protection." Applied to the U.S. population, this amounts to 162,000 such incidents per year. This figure excludes all "military service, police work, or work as a security guard."
* Based on survey data from the U.S. Department of Justice, roughly 5,340,000 violent crimes were committed in the United States during 2008. These include simple/aggravated assaults, robberies, sexual assaults, rapes, and murders.   Of these, about 436,000 or 8% were committed by offenders visibly armed with a gun.
* Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology, U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.
* A survey of male felons in 11 state prisons dispersed across the U.S. found:
• 34% had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"
• 40% had decided not to commit a crime because they "knew or believed that the victim was carrying a gun"
• 69% personally knew other criminals who had been "scared off, shot at, wounded, or captured by an armed victim"
Then a hot bath with your mom.
From the national center for salaries and compensation:
"What is the average annual salary for Chief Executive Officer?
The annual salary for someone with the job title Chief Executive Officer may vary depending on a number of factors including industry, company size, location, years of experience and level of education. Our team of Certified Compensation Professionals has analyzed survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at companies of all sizes and industries to present this range of annual salaries for people with the job title Chief Executive Officer in the United States."
Ooooooh, Obama is soooooo scary!
Morons! You got what you deserve.
Now apply that to exec orders. Obama's clearly violate the constitution and as the cases hit the court, he loses them.
Proof in the pudding, dummy.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio’s campaign against charter schools is generating a fire in the belly of proponents of education reform and the school choice movement. “The only way to understand De Blasio trashing charters school is that he does not care about the damage being done to students. His sole concern is paying back the powerful New York City public school teachers’ unions for their political support. The unions hate charter schools because they provide parents with an option to remove their children from the bad public schools that are staffed by their members.”
Moron. Learn the subject matter before you open your amazingly stupid mouth, libiot!