I have been in the market since 1988. I've seen many temporary correction of the market. This one has many distractions to blame for this downward spiral. Of the 22 CEFs in my acct, all have been affected. I have diversified as much as possible. What I do not intend to do is sell at this time. What would one do with the funds if one sold? All sectors are affected the same way. I panicked in 2000 when the technology bubble broke and sold holdings, only to regret it later. This time I intend to ride it out.
This fund, along with NCV, are two of my favorite performers. I have had NCV since 07 and now have 6324 shares. Bought in at 14.07, then 9.17 and 9.79. Rode out the recession. Bought NCZ Aug of 2010 at 8.61 and later Jan of 2011 at 9.68. I am not too much into buying and selling. If I like a fund, I hang on to it. At present I have4260 of NCZ. Have been in the market since 1988. Am now retired and spend evenings checking up on investments. Got burnt in 2000 when the technology bubble burst. Got caught with several individual comp stocks. Fired my broker and became a self investor . All my money maker holdings are now CEFs. Those 2 above are 2 of 21 CEFs in my acct. I use a discount broker to only handle the transaction, since I can't buy CEFs on my own. The broker, Merrill Edge doesn't give advice, nor do I ask. I prefer doing it this way Talked too much, time to go to bed. Good luck to you..
I have owned NCV since 07 and have 6324 shares at present I intend holding for a while. Have also made a bundle in divvys. Also bought ncz in 2010 and have no plans to liquidate. Today was a record for funds falling. Out of 21 CEFs I have, only one went up, PFO. Am wondering what set this off.
Out of 21 closed end funds I have, including 7 muni bond funds, 20 fell. Only one going up was PFO.. Even 2 REITS went down.. As soon as CD rates get back up to 7 or 8 %, I will probably terminate my relationship with the stock market. Too many distractions, from Europe, crazy democrats and other shady politicians.
I own PMX, PML, PMF, EIV EIM, FMN, and FPT They all have been dropping for several days. I do not believe what is happening in land of Lincoln has anything to do with this.I wish Bill Gross would say something. I am not ready to throw in the hat yet. My other CEFs are all acting normal. I have non-muni Pimcos doing OK. Any opinions?
My first buy in this REIT was in07. I decided to ride out the bad times in real estate when the bottom fell out. Also bought thousands more shares in 09, some at 2.06 and also at 1.51. Am now holding 5000 shares and intend to hold for the foreseeable future. Also held onto RIF. Owned 5000 shares when it was known as RMR before merging and now listed as RIF. I could not believe real estate would not come back. It is too big a sector not to come back. Beginning to wish I had bought more of RIF and NRO. Good luck to all.
With todays gain, my shares are now worth 5230.00 more than what I paid for it in Feb 2012. I love this fund along with PMF and PMX that are part of my holdings. I took gains in 2012 with this fund, was not expecting to be able to do it again so soon. I have a practice of selling funds whenever I can clear at least 5000 in gains. My only concern about selling now is how long before I can buy PML again at a good price. Will mull this over the weekend to arrive at a decision...
We have NRO as one of our holdings. We decided not to sell when the bottom fell out. We also bought more shares at 2.06, and at 1.51. We now own 5000 shares and have never regretted doing so. NRO is just one of our holdings some might consider risky. Investing in themarket is a risk anyway you look at it. In our case we stay ahead of the game. The way we look at it, it is the only game in town.One sure can't make any money in CDs. Good luck to you.
For once I guessed right. Sold at 13.90 after div cut. Only owned it 5 months. Sold all 3900 shares and bought back FLC. Had sold that one last Jan when I had a chance to clear 5200 in cap gains. Might just be able to repeat some gains again. Not too fond of gambling but it is the only game in town. I avoid casinos, I know i would lose there.
You are right lida. The drop in EIV and Eim will mean 30 a month less. Some days one can't win. Considering what CDs pay, I guess I should not complain. We also own pimco PMF, PML, and PMX, along with FMN. Those have not announced any drop yet. We try to buy funds with no tie to AMT. We are looking for another fund to buy free of AMT. If you know of any, I would appreciate you response to that request. We are maxed out as to how much one should have in any given fund or stock. It has to be tax free. Good luck to you.
Bought this fund 12 days ago and it is up more than 800 bucks in market value. Not bad for a muni fund.
What is your interest in getting involved in other's comments? Seems at your advanced age you would be more concerned about all your aches and pains. Why don't you do SOC SEC a favor and drop dead? The younger ones coming up would probably appreciate it. No one cares to hear from old fossils. Don't bother answering. I'm putting you on the delete list.
We own both, NCZ and NCV, having bought NCV in Sept 07 and added more for price averaging in Dec 09 and again in Jan 10. We acquired Ncz in Aug 10 and added more in Jan 11. We now have 6324 shares of NCV and 4260 shares of NCZ. Between the two funds, these are our largest holding. We intend to hold as long as we can and do enjoy the divvys. Would I recommend either? You better believe it. My opinion, for what it is worth. Good luck to you.
Sold 4300 shares this morning at 14.28 for a gain of 5419.00 With all this talk of bankruptcies, we decided to grab what we could in gains. Hated to part with ETG and will be watching to reenter at the right price. Bought more shares of FLC, NCZ and PFD. Have had good luck with those three. Good luck to all
PTY has been good to us over the years, We've bought and sold, always at a gain. Today we sold 2294 shares at 18.27 for a gain of $5335.00 Just couldn't pass up a gain like that. Hope we don't live to regret it by watching PTY keep going up. But, then again, thats a gamble one takes when playing the market. Will be watching to buy PTY when the price is right Good luck to all.
I am glad I did not fall for this tender offer. We bought NRO before the collapse and then added 3000 more shares at 1.50, 2.oo and 2.50. We intend staying with this fund for the forseeable future.Real estate has to come back for the market to keep going up. RE is just too big a sector to think it won't matter to the market in general if it stays in the dump.I'm a gambler when it comes to the market and am willing to wait for this fund to improve. This is one of 18 CEFs we have. Most of the others are doing good, considering all the problems this great country is going thru.
If Iunderstand their offering correctly, they are expecting shareholders to commit themselves to buying shares at an unknown price. You can't change your mind after Cornerstone receives your agreement to this offering. I think I'll pass on this and gamble on buying shares when they drop in price as they normally do.
Not sure at all what is going on. Out of 18 CEFs we have shares in, only 2 advanced. We are diversified in many sectors. Both advances were muni funds, namely, Pimco PML and PMX. Thank God for them.