Thu, Apr 17, 2014, 12:23 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 3 hrs 37 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

BioTime, Inc. Message Board

cutis7 63 posts  |  Last Activity: 3 hours ago Member since: Feb 21, 1999
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Cutis

    by yp_josh_plano_752 3 hours ago

    Bought a small amount yesterday (did not post as did not want Opti and even perhaps you to question my honesty again).
    Only buying small amounts as have a huge position and truly no free funds to divert at this point.
    The last few buys were through the selling of other biotechs I had which were up from my purchase price.
    My thoughts are the results will not be out as soon as everyone is hoping for.
    I believe the soonest will be early May and my best guess is that it will be mid to late May.
    Honestly no info to share that is new - the efficacy of the drops (in this double blinded study) shall determine the eventual stock price.
    I have actually recently enjoyed your posts - you seem to have a firm understanding (unlike some here) that if the science works the share price will ultimately follow.
    I have made my educated bet and now am pretty much waiting for the results next month.
    I will continue to buy a few shares here and there as my income dictates as long as the price is under 14 (an arbitrary price I feel comfortable buying below).
    Hope this helps -
    BTW, should I ever turn negative about this investment, I shall definitely post that here for you and others to see.
    My quiet time now reflects having nothing of substance to add - in a holding pattern awaiting interim results as well as the new IST's starting.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 12:25 PM Flag

    That makes sense - great info!

  • Reply to

    Cutis- Can you share your thoughts

    by yp_josh_plano_752 Apr 8, 2014 12:05 PM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 12:18 PM Flag

    This will likely be my last post today as very busy.
    I am trying to help you as I "feel your pain".
    I do believe the bottom is in at 10 and that is why I bought.
    Had I known or had any inkling about this deal, I would not have been buying so much recently but waited for today.
    Assuming their interim results are great, I think the stock price will take care of itself.
    I will be surprised if we do not retest the highs prior to the interim results being announced. I believe the results will not be announced until mid May - mid June time period.
    Depending upon how good the results are, and the overall market sentiment, I believe we will see 22.50 - 100 a share.
    I don't think management knows for sure how great the results are and therefore they were prudent and raised money so they could continue with their plans.
    Truly not a tremendous dilution IMO.
    I think 10 was all they could get for whatever reason.
    Would not surprise me if they don't mind the stock coming lower as the newly given warrants and stock I believe will be priced based upon the April 11 or 12th closing price.
    So management and those helping OHRP actually benefit by the stock price being lower until these options/warrants are priced. I may be oversimplifying this last item but expect the stock to recover over the next few weeks at least to the 14 range and likely higher.
    But, until results come out, it's a guess where the stock price will ultimately be.
    BTW, just because I have a large position does not mean I am right about this company.

  • Reply to

    Current thoughts

    by cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 9:55 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 10:35 AM Flag

    You are only losing money when/if you panic and sell.
    I do not wish to publically give my total amount of stock- let it suffice to say I have bought over 25K shares in last 30 days at an average price of about 14, while my overall cost basis is probably around 9 a share (just guessing here).

  • Reply to

    Current thoughts

    by cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 9:55 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 10:13 AM Flag

    They don't know the results for sure - gee you are such an amateur it's frightening.
    Sorry but "daddy" not going to hold your hands anymore.
    I bought over 1K shares today.
    I bought over 10 K shares within last week and that's the truth.
    Stop whining already.

  • Reply to

    Current thoughts

    by cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 9:55 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 10:12 AM Flag

    Believe what you want.
    I sold another stock over the last few days (and more today at opening) INO which is one of my winners to buy more stock.

  • Just bought more at 10!
    I believe that says it all.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • cutis7 by cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 9:08 AM Flag

    Company just raised 18 million by selling 1.8 million shares at 10.
    So I imagine the stock will go to 10 today or thereabouts!
    Interesting development!

  • Reply to

    Any predictions for today?

    by skb37_4 Apr 8, 2014 9:02 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 8, 2014 9:06 AM Flag

    Yes I am.
    I have a large position and going to likely buy more today if stock drops.
    Premarket looks like going to open lower but we shall see.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • The bottom line is do the investors here think the drops work extremely well (and are willing to invest upon this belief) or not. Current market conditions are bringing many high beta biotech stocks (especially those who are still way above where they were a year ago) down at a scary pace. I have seen this many times before and truly hard to predict when this will stop. And most of the time the reversal is swift (and those who added on the way down were extremely happy a few weeks to months later). This will be true IF the results are aare as good as we are expecting for many reasons already enumerated many times here. Two quotes which I love (first of which I don't remember where it came from) IMO summarize my thoughts here (and what many "long" posters including Livermore have been articulating:

    1) "It's the science, stupid"

    2) “Some of the greatest battles will be fought within the silent chambers of your own soul.”
    - Ezra Taft Benson, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Wow

    by optimist_77 Apr 7, 2014 1:55 PM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 7, 2014 4:59 PM Flag

    Depends upon the results and market conditions.
    If the results are truly amazingly great as I am expecting, and the market conditions to stay crummy, then I see us moving to the 30-75 dollar range fairly quickly.
    If the market improves a bit, I would say 40 - 100 range.
    If results are very good and not excellent, I would probably cut both of these down by about 25 % at all parameters depending upon market conditions (so 22.50 to 75$ maximum depending upon market conditions).
    But I do not know for sure how good or great the results shall be - IMO all signs point to them being great from what we have heard to date in a small sampling of patients.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Wow

    by optimist_77 Apr 7, 2014 1:55 PM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 7, 2014 3:22 PM Flag

    Well I just bought more just now.
    I am "all in" until the results come out within next 1-2 months.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Wow

    by optimist_77 Apr 7, 2014 1:55 PM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 7, 2014 2:03 PM Flag

    Bought more today although paid in mid to high 13's as did not expect this drop.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Today's Sell Off

    by cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 11:17 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 8:49 PM Flag

    No worries.

  • Reply to

    Today's Sell Off

    by cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 11:17 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 6:31 PM Flag

    Breakthrough Technology Alert on 11/19/12.

    And, not a biggie but my name is not Curtis - my handle, Cutis, refers to my being a dermatologist (no worries as you are probably the 50th person to make this assumption after reading my handle).

    And Patrick Cox's Transformational Technology released an alert today which I referenced prior saying to buy more OHRP under 13.50 on the recent weakness.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Patrick Cox's newsletter gave out a recommendation to buy more OHRP under 13.50 a share.
    The stock was just around 13.00 or so and is starting to recover.
    Hopefully this will offset the other Agora e-mail from yesterday.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Today's Sell Off

    by cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 11:17 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Apr 1, 2014 11:59 AM Flag

    yep

  • Late yesterday afternoon a newsletter than I subscribe to (from Agora Financial), which had recommended OHRP just over a year ago when in about the 4 dollar range, recommended selling the stock to lock in over 200% profits. The editor inherited this stock as Patrick Cox had originally recommended it while at Agora Financial. The author said that between the weak biotech sector and interim phase 2 results coming out soon, he wanted to "make money" and lock in his gains. He said he had no way of knowing whether the results would be good or bad (obviously has not visited this board) and was afraid bad results would erase all of the gains. So basically the people who got that newsletter late yesterday are selling today. This should be a one day sell off (IMO). He did say that positive results would see the stock soar (and so he did recommend for some that they might consider selling 2/3 of their position and letting the profits ride).
    That being said, I imagine with no way to follow this stock for the majority they are selling today.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    The IBB is down 16% from it's high

    by dhm3159 Mar 30, 2014 1:02 AM
    cutis7 cutis7 Mar 30, 2014 7:58 AM Flag

    I agree entirely but would also add there likely are other factors currently hurting the stock as well. I have noticed that the biotechs falling the most are the ones which have risen the most. Many people are likely locking in their gains. Others, unfortunately, are being forced to margin sell. It is not uncommon, when a company has so much upside potential and the stock has appreciated consistently quarter to quarter, for strongly bullish longs to get a bit greedy and over extend themselves on margin. Unfortunately, until the stock price decline stops for a few days in a row, these margin sells will continue. I don't know for a fact this is occurring here but some of the recent late afternoon declines seem (IMO) to be from this (as margin selling often occurs after 3 pm).
    But, I agree, most of this is sector and short related and nothing in any way negative to the company.

  • Reply to

    The old bait & switch.

    by beavertail_splash Mar 27, 2014 5:21 PM
    cutis7 cutis7 Mar 28, 2014 9:50 AM Flag

    The next few months will tell the story.
    Probably will have results sometime late April to late May.
    There will be many trying to scare you out of your shares just before the results come out.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

BTX
2.76+0.03(+1.10%)12:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.