I know... And you see the extremes of utter buffoonery and then a rare semblance of intelligence like when he called bottom once during a bear raid. Odd dude, to say the least. Had he discovered NVIV early enough he could have made a ton of money and yet he would have you believe that he thinks it is worth the time and trouble to short this on the inevitable down days that any stock has. Geez, if he like the short side so much there are a ton of better places to go!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
On the financial side, the business update was excellent, showing that the company ended Q1 with more than $24M and a burn rate of less than $1M per month. Additionally $28% of the May '14 warrants were executed which brought additional $ into the coffers and was probably what stymied our SP appreciation a bit last quarter, but of no concern.
On the patients side, a reiteration that we are 2 for 2 on safety at this juncture and that the trial is indeed open for the remaining three due to this no safety concerns. As for efficacy, we have one of two patients exhibiting unexpected and profound improvement; the second patient data is still being evaluated and while not yet as profoundly improved as the first patient, clearly exhibiting improvements in her condition that would easily exceed the bar of "probable benefit," again with zero safety issues and with a more traumatic injury and in a higher position on the spine. I would easily characterize this trial as a 2 for 2 success.
As these patients continue their PT, the neuroplastic process can and will most probably continue, and is likely to continue past the historical endpoint of SCI patients that have not received a neuro-scaffold because the neural remodeling is not hindered by extensive scar tissue, thanks to the scaffold intervention.
As the next three patients are treated, we can reasonably expect additional confirmation of this safety and progress with the level of variability that is to be expected with differences in injury, intervention time, age of patient, etc.
Equally promising will be news on FCC meetings, progress on NSS + bioengineered tissues and hopefully the new EAP. Lots of awesome stuff about to unfurl!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Or even Tuesday night. I love how it switches up and keeps them wondering ; )
Sentiment: Strong Buy
ignatUsreilley (and other counterfeits)
and a bunch of others, ALL the same person.
I think that jonesbones is an alternate character of misanthrope "playing dumb" though you know it is only playing because a dumb person probably wouldn't have found the lawsuit against Pixar.
ctixers, this alone is a blueprint for a total home run, just on that one drug.
How long (assuming trials are good) until the first drug is on the market?
So, as the share price rises, some may decide to convert and sell. I always assumed that's what some investors do.
I am totally with you on the points you make on this thread. Very positive on the science! I was hoping that you or somebody might reply (scroll down) to my last comments on another thread here. Thanks!
Ctixers (along with prospern23 and kdreesen), I know you guys from another great stock MB where I am a long investor. One of you, I think prospern mentioned this and I've been quietly looking and took some small positions in a few of my accounts. I LOVE the potential of their molecules and the market(s) they are targeting, especially AD. I am impressed with the science and scientists aligned with this company.
One or two contrarian/negative criticisms that I have read posted here were remarks about the number of warrants which honestly to me seems to be a somewhat valid, albeit limited concern. I don't say as overly negative, but I do believe they have the potential to quell the rise of the share price once those holders reach their targeted multiple - whatever that may be for those warrant holders. So as a newbie here, I'd like to hear some veteran AVXL shareholder opinions on that. Would we have an unfettered rise after the appropriate catalysts to $2 or $3 and then level off due to conversions and the latent dilution of the float? I realize none of that would matter much once a multi-billion dollar drug portfolio is ready to hit the market, but would someone be kind enough to opine how long away in years that achievement might be?
I see a lot of positive here and was wondering what else that one might need to be guarded about besides what I mentioned. I mostly like what I see but appreciate any balance of info. Thanks in advance! (Yes I did read the material on the ihub sticky note)
We are trading in a stable range approximately between $12.00 and $12.40. A trader would easily become bored. However most that hold NVIV are long investors. After some initial volatility that was exacerbated by rumors, the share price seems to have stabilized. There is no real pressure for the share price to drop significantly. This ought to provide some peace of mind for some. OTOH, if we encounter any drop in price that is not justified by any catalyst, then it is an opportunity to supplement your holdings.
I believe as others do, that we will have multiple news items over the next couple of weeks. While it is only a hunch, I believe that we will see the following three items of news by the end of May, and any one of these could hit literally any day:
1. A formalized update on the medical progress of the first two NSS implant patients.
2. At least one additional new clinical site.
3. The emergence of patient #2.
Depending upon the specifics of the updates and in combination, all of which should be positive catalysts, I cannot imagine the share price not appreciating to somewhere in the $14 to $17 range near term. Obvious catalysts driving the share price will most probably be (assuming new patient(s) soon) would be new patient(s) updates in the realm of confirmation of safety as well as probable benefit. Additional catalysts might be updates on discussions with FDA, actual meeting date with FDA, update on possible EAP pathway, news leading into the annual meeting on June 16th, etc, which in combination should have the potential to drive the share price to $20+, IMO.
Until then, add whatever and whenever you can. The $12 handle will eventually be superceded by a higher range and some might be pining for the old days when they coulda shoulda bought more shares when they were "only $12.25"
In a word, chillax and be patient.
Sentiment: Strong Buy