Tomorrow could be even better as the market gets comfortable with the fact that CFO leaving is not associated with any problems. The company apparently had indicated that their CFO search should proceed much faster than the last time. Maybe they passed over someone who they probably should have taken instead. Hopefully, he or she is still interested.
All bio-techs do this when they need money or the price is high. CLDX, which also has a treatment in development for GBM, just announced that they were issuing shares at a considerable discount. Check their message board to see how unhappy some of them are. CLDX has been flying high, but interestingly enough, the research comparisons I have seen have shown NWBO's DCvax has been performing better than CLDX's drug in the study trials. Bio-techs are tough to hold sometimes, but the rewards can be significant.
CI is still down about $5 a share. I believe he has a plan, but at this point, only he knows what he is thinking. I sold most of my shares before the last big drop, but I still lost big time. Luckily, I invested in a couple of stocks that jumped nicely. I'll hold on to my 500 shares just to see how CI plays this out. Good luck!
It is tough if you are holding a lot of shares. I own a considerable chunk, but I am trying not to overreact. Nothing has changed since I bought, and I believe NWBO is really on to something with their treatment regime. If trial results continue to come in as they have been in the past, this little dip will prove to be of no consequence. Since part of the drop is related to dilution, we at least don't have to worry about that for a while. The company was smart to issue shares when all their positive news was fresh in investors' minds. I would expect that the big boys who invested at 4.80 did their DD and liked what they saw and were told.
I believe the placement has been completed. Bio-techs bounce around quite a bit and are subject to manipulation. I remembering buying a small bio-tech when one of the big investment brokers slammed it. I bought at a 35% discount. Within one week, BMY bought it at a 50% premium. They, like NWBO had a promising cancer treatment. NWBO's research, the trial results to date, oncologist's glowing reports, patient survival profiles, etc. have not changed. Many of my bio-tech holdings have taken a hit because the sector is out of favor. Once we enter the new year with ASCO and all the other research seminar presentations coming up, I expect NWBO will do fine.
Between shorts having to cover and investors looking for a bargain, I see no reason for FTNT to stay under $18. If the company hires a well respected CFO in the next couple of months, I expect $19 a share would not be out of reach.
Should intensify when the market strengthens.
I don't understand all the technical chart stuff, but I agree that NWBO will break out on any good news. Resistance will be blown away on positive trial results or another report like the one that came out on Fox.
I totally agree with your assessment. The research I have done concerning NWBO makes me believe that they are really on to something significant. The trial results, oncologist remarks and optimism, and survival testimonials are amazing. NWBO will move with the market just like most of the bio-techs did today. However, if results continue to be positive, longs will make money and cancer patients will benefit. I don't know much about Linda Powers, but I believe she owns a lot of shares. I like when insiders put their money on the line with the rest of the company's investors.
Reported it will result in significant savings and lower cost production. Next you will probably see the larger players start to buy out the smaller players who can't compete on their own.
I see a little over 20,000 shares. I expect the volume should be strong at the open. I wonder if they will mention it with Cramer right before the market opens. They do that segment where they talk about stocks with upgrades, downgrades, etc. You never know what Cramer will say, but it looks like FTNT has seen its lows unless their is some negative news that we don't know about.
Ponytail or not, Naj. may be making $ this A.M. if he followed his own advice. This morning's upgrade looks pretty good. Should be interesting to see how many other "penguin" analysts follow suit.