Long from 18,80 so losing money on this but I am long some other stocks that have had big gains so overall I am up. I really think we are due for a pullback; the market has run to fast and needs to come down a bit. So I will hold me position, this will bounce and we will see 20s this summer, I am sure of that.
It seems like that it this stock we are in uncertain territory in the markets which is creating increased volatility. If this stays at this level for some time then it goes down but if market does correct then VXX will spike up.
Why a scam ?? This is a volatility ETF, do you really believe that the overall market can run to record highs every day without increased volatility.
Nobody is suggesting that you go all in on the VXX, it is risky and the overall trend is down but it is good gamble with other stocks. We always get a spike up every month and the overall market sure looks overbought at this point so I think it is a good bet as we speak.
Yes you can say so, at this point I think we will get increased volatility due to the market overreacting to the upside so people will start protecting themselves by buying VXX or VIX or shorting SPY.
Also you can buy the VXX and hedge it with some long position in stocks that do not have much downside risk, low beta stocks like some large caps or dividend paying stocks. The main goal here is to profit heavily on VXX upside but loose small on your other stocks when the market corrects. A good mix here is crucial because we never know when the correction will happen and you need to get some profits from other stock to weight up against possible losses on VXX while you wait.
But going long on VXX is in many ways a betting game and if you time it perfectly you can get very good returns but the timing here is crucial.
Investors are expecting increased volatility in the future that has helped vxx to trade flat. When the market corrects vxx will spike up but until then we will trade flat or to the downside. So how long can you wait? I am long some stocks so I am getting some gains from this crazy market but losing a bit on this waiting game with vxx. I think we are near to some kind of correction but if you want to make big money out of vxx then you have to time is perfectly. I am not good at timing bought vxx around 18,8 but will hold through the summer, we will get a correction this summer when nobody knows. But market is way up and vix is also up, apple down tells me that something is brewing and we could see correction this month or in June.
It is awful that we can´t go up on a day like this. This market is reaching overbought situations and soon it will correct. What will happen to aapl when the market corrects.
This is amazing run, been here since we were in 2s but have sold big chunk of my holdings up to 14. I think we will see profit taking but it seems like this wants to run into 20s but risky it is at this level.
What will this mean for the share price short and long term?
"And now for some good news about Apple . Its stock might be losing altitude and cachet, but its stellar operating performance finally has catapulted the company into the No. 1 spot in the Barron's 500, up from No. 2 in 2012 and No. 4 in 2011. Apple has shown what it takes -- terrific sales growth and wisely deployed cash flow -- to be a winner in our annual ranking, which seeks to identify businesses that have done the best job of investing for growth.
To be sure, investors have grown fearful that Apple's magic won't last -- so fearful that they knocked the stock down to $450 from $705 last September, erasing $239 billion from the company's market value. But before pronouncing the creator of iPods, iPhones, and iPads a has-been, or even just an ordinary company, let's pause to acknowledge its triumph over a tough crowd of competitors in landing at the top of our list.
The most successful companies typically become so through a blend of vision, creativity, judgment, and circumstance. That is surely the case for Apple, and many other high-ranking technology companies on the list."
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Samsung's (SSNLF.PK) Galaxy S IV is a superb phone, if one can cope with a cheap plastic feel and too many gimmicks. That seems to be the consensus from the first full reviews. The Verge praises the S IV's display, camera, and performance, but still considers the HTC One a better bet. "The Galaxy S4 is fast and impressive, but it's also noisy and complex." TechCrunch and Gizmodo deliver similar takes. But others (I, II) make the case that more is ultimately better (this mindset has worked for Samsung thus far). The reviews arrive as Sprint and T-Mobile state their S IV launches will be delayed due to inventory issues. Key suppliers: QCOM, BRCM, SYNA, PANL, ATML, RFMD, TQNT.
Tim Cook and his followers at Apple need to wake up and support the stock, this can´t keep on going day after day. There is no logic for this plunge other the lack of trust in the management team. Still waiting for the support, I refuse to give up my shares but something big needs to come out from Apple at this point.
Now we know why the stock traded down the last two trading days.
As previously reported, The PMI Group, Inc. (the "Company") received an indication of interest from a well-known private equity investor (the "Potential Investor") who indicated an interest in investing in a reorganized Company in exchange for a minority equity interest in the reorganized Company. Since that time, the Company, in consultation with the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors appointed in the Company's chapter 11 bankruptcy case (the "Committee"), has engaged in negotiations with the Potential Investor with respect to the terms of such a potential investment. The Potential Investor recently terminated such negotiations, and the Company expects not to proceed with a transaction with the Potential Investor. Although the Company, in consultation with the Committee, may identify and seek to pursue a different transaction with another party or a chapter 11 plan of reorganization not involving a third-party investor, the Company has not yet determined whether to pursue such a transaction or plan. There can be no assurance that the Company will identify or pursue an alternative transaction or that any alternative transaction will be completed. If the Company determines to pursue a chapter 11 plan of reorganization not involving a third-party investor, there can be no assurance that such a plan will be confirmed in the form proposed by the Company.
It seems like the management team can´t secure a deal with interested investor(s). I really hope we are not back to square one and there are other options the company can take to get the company forward without wiping out commons.
"Might" it is following it down, both today and yesterday. Ambac is the reason why we are down. It would be good to get some statement from PMI regarding the future of the common stock. I will hold til the end, this has a good chance of big returns but risky it is.