% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

U.S. Concrete, Inc. Message Board

daninfw04 1363 posts  |  Last Activity: 13 hours ago Member since: Mar 23, 2004
  • Reply to

    New Thoughts

    by daninfw04 13 hours ago
    daninfw04 daninfw04 13 hours ago Flag

    I also believe that West Face is still buying and will be interesting to see their filing soon. EVC is IMVHO the best spectrum play out there at present. Price per share is being held down because it is slightly overpriced in terms of financial performance, FCF, etc. Anyone wanting to accumulate shares will drive price up and exactly the opposite when they sell. I intend to trade as I believe there is plenty of time to get in before it pops. Next week will tell the tale. GLTA DaninFW

  • I have always tried to be above board and have some new thoughts. For the record, I sold about 52,000 EVC shares in last hour on Thursday and Friday for $6.80-$6.81. I share this info for several reasons. I have noticed slow accumulation over past week+. Thursday I decided to put 20,000 shares for sale in the last hour at $6.80 when it was bidding $6.81-$6.82. They took about a thousand shares at $6.81 and a few thousand at $6.80 before dropping it to $6.78-$6.79 very briefly before taking several thousand more and closing at $6.79. Normally this would have crashed the stock. I had actually planned to buy back whatever I sold at $6.70+/- for a quick trade. I sold just under 8,000 on Thursday. On Friday I waited to see what would happen. Tried the same in last hour. I sold almost 40,000 in three different orders rather quickly. The market maker would take it down a penny or two and then come up and take it. I share this because I intend to buyback the sold shares in the $6.60's+/- if it does dip again. I suspect we will slowly move to $7 before earnings. EVC Is about the last to report. Tone and sector direction will be set before they report. I look for sector weakness in national but strength in local. I expect most to beat EPS expect but miss on revenues or marginally beat.
    I also suspect most on this board have already sold. I also believe that there is now a 40-60% chance that auction will get moved to later in 2016. There are more and more red flags and possible lawsuits that might postpone it. However, I believe there is still a 90%+ chance it will happen in 2016. I also don't think sector will pop until there is total clarity on auction, date and rules and regulations which are all up in the air at present.
    I see EVC as a great trading stock. I also think EVC will make EPS estimates but miss marginally on revenues. They have made EPS expect 3 out of the last 4 quarters and would have made all expect they missed when they bought PULPO. DaninFW

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 14 hours ago Flag

    I pect USCR to break $40 in next 2-3 weeks. I expect a major blowout on earnings on 5-07-15 as well as continued upward revisions in revenues and EPS. Also, last two presentations they have stated that they are looking at 2-3 major acquisitions bigger than anything done before that will take them into new markets. Such an accretive acquisition alone would pop the stock $2-3 IMVHO. I expect USCR to be $48 before year end. For the record, I own the USCXW's and USCRW's. If USCR reaches my predicted $48 this will be an 8 bagger for those that followed my recommendation over the last year or so. GLTA DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 24, 2015 4:08 PM Flag

    Today now marked 6 trading days in a row with closing higher highs than day before. Definitely being accumulated. DaninFW

  • Reply to

    Higher Closes

    by daninfw04 Apr 23, 2015 5:18 PM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 24, 2015 9:41 AM Flag

    They have till 5-15-15 to file for Q1.....even though they filed on the 16th last quarter, technically a day late. Most file before that and WF could file early. Dalton Grenier has already filed and can't remember the number but they actually sold a few thousand shares. DaninFW

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 23, 2015 5:18 PM Flag

    Today marks 5 trading days in a row where EVC closed higher than the previous day. I am starting to get worried as our bashers appear to be gone. They were actually buying while bashing. Need to see them bashing again so we can keep going higher.

  • Reply to


    by daninfw04 Apr 22, 2015 5:24 PM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 23, 2015 10:19 AM Flag

    It's hard to believe that this sector could double or triple in next 12-18 months. But, I am reading more articles where additional lawsuits could put the auction off another 6-12 months which I think would actually be good in terms of bidders having more time to generate bid funds. A group representing over 1,000 LPTV owners proposed yesterday that they be given double and perhaps triple tax credits to sell their stations after the auction. They threatened to file a lawsuit if not given the credits to delay the auction. However, if given the credits this will be a big plus for the sector. One group could sell spectrum and then buy the LPTV stations to get the double and triple tax credits to reduce tax liability for funds received from the auction. May be why sector is up today. Gets more interesting every day. DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to


    by daninfw04 Apr 22, 2015 5:24 PM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 23, 2015 9:58 AM Flag

    AT&T has already committed to buy at least $9 billion. They just take on debt or sell towers or non-core assets. It has been rumored for at least 2 years that Apple, Microsoft and Google would bid in the 2016 auction. DISH has already said they will be a buyer as well. DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 22, 2015 5:24 PM Flag

    Announcement today that Google is offering wireless phone service for $20 a month tells me they will be a serious bidder for spectrum next year. Just waiting now for Microsoft and Apple to announce the same. You do have to have spectrum to provide wireless........DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 22, 2015 9:48 AM Flag

    The current BOD's are going to be spending all their time trying to keep their high paid board seats instead of focusing on getting company turned around. This is a big distraction till resolved. DaninFW

  • daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 22, 2015 9:10 AM Flag

    Gamco has a history of doing selfish self-interest moves. They bought 18.5% of PBY because they didn't see what others had already seen about PBY. Pirate Capital and Barrington have already tried to take control of PBY by getting seats on the BOD's. The Barrington guy even got to be COB. He's still on the BOD's. If this stock pops on this news I would get out and re-enter when the noise dies down. Will be a great trading stock but this is a broken company with even more and more leases on marginal businesses. JMVHO. DaninFW

  • daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 21, 2015 10:39 PM Flag

    It has been a long time in coming. Stock should spike up tomorrow but this may have more questions than answers. I suspect this is why the CEO search has taken so long. Gamco didn't just spring this today. The BOD's didn't support Gamco's recommendations and now it is a battle. Will be very interesting. But, the interests of Gamco is not the same as shareholders. May see a short term pop imvho but this company will take 18-24 months to fix and won't bring more than $10-11 a share in a buyout until fixed. Daninfw

  • Reply to

    Upward Revisions

    by daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 9:54 AM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 20, 2015 10:36 PM Flag

    I too expect $3.50-$3.75 in 2015 and $4.25+ in 2016. Whippoorwill has been dumping or we would be $2-3 higher imvho. It looks like they have a presentation scheduled for tomorrow so we might get another bump. Daninfw

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Big Buyer

    by daninfw04 Apr 20, 2015 10:27 AM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 20, 2015 3:31 PM Flag

    We are at the top of one range $6.75 and bottom of another till $7.......DaninFW

  • Reply to

    Strange trading patterns?

    by kevinnothnagel Apr 20, 2015 3:02 PM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 20, 2015 3:30 PM Flag

    You can bet Whippoorwill is still dumping. Don't have to report any longer since they went below 10%. DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 20, 2015 10:27 AM Flag

    The big buyer Friday trying to buy 50,000 at $6.55 has now upped his bid to $6.61 for 50,000........he's now chasing the stock. Adding a lot of support. Might get interesting soon. DaninFW

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 18, 2015 9:26 AM Flag

    Good to hear from you again. I remember you. I too would not touch ORLY, DAP or AZO. PBY is in a different situation. It is the perennial turnaround story or buyout story. Has been for almost 20 years. Real estate is main support worth $9-10 and perhaps more now. We got a clue of that based on relocating a few stores or closing stores and selling the real estate this last quarter. The tax people just increased my appraisal for my personal home by $70,000 for this year after $50,000 last year. It is causing me to rethink PBY's real estate values. PBY's has been so poorly run and mismanaged it's pathetic. I said this year's ago when I posted a turnaround plan and offered to fix PBY's for $1 a year and options only if I got the stock price above $14. It can be done but time is running out. I am waiting to see who the CEO is going to be. DaninFW

  • Reply to

    Big Buyer

    by daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 12:44 PM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 4:41 PM Flag

    Just saw this. I hope you came out alright. I think you did. DaninFW

  • daninfw04 by daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 12:44 PM Flag

    Market is crashing and EVC is holding today. Just saw where EVC has a standing buy order of 50,000 shares at $6.55............

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Downward Revisions

    by daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 9:48 AM
    daninfw04 daninfw04 Apr 17, 2015 11:58 AM Flag

    It's been a few years and I would have to research but I do remember buying 77,000 at one time. I usually trade 40,000-60,000 when I trade/buy. But, I usually buy 20,000-30,000 and if it pops I sell. If it drops I average down. DaninFW

36.27+0.240(+0.67%)Apr 24 4:00 PMEDT