On PLUG, I was hoping to see 8.20 today which would give mean .80/share gain for one day but I doubt I will even see 8. Still a tradable stock but with lower lows and lower highs. Also the daily gains on an absolute basis will probably get smaller. But as of now still holding. Once I sell I will wait for the catastrophic drop. As for HK, not sure where the bottom will be but the trend is definitely lower if the markets and oil keep retreating.
Looks like another tough day for the oil patch. Speaking of green, Tigers are suppose to lay new sod on Monday and this morning we had a wind chill of 15 below. Could be a lot of ball rolling to the fence.
3.60 is where I will add to my IRA. For trading, it will have to go much lower for me to justify a trade transaction since I do not think it can go much north of $4 in my trading time period. I generally like to get a .70-.80/share gain on my trades.
It is always harder to know when to sell. You did the smart thing. Making any money on the fuel cell stocks was truly a gift. Now start working on that little weedy stock.
Maybe it is because I don't pay anything to Yahoo. Maybe Google is hacking into Yahoo so users which over. Sort of like losing an airplane. Just can't figure it out. Did you sell your BLDP? Amazing how a company that basically has no assets can skyrocket and a company with oil assets cannot hold a .20 gain for more than a day.
On my computer, yahoo quotes keep jumping back to a previous time frame quite often. It might be my laptop or I wonder if it is Yahoo. As to your question Frac...not long ago the main page showed HK as Hong Kong something. I took a flyer on AXAS last night for a trade but so far it looks like breakeven proposition.
The overall markets will dictate the price over the next several days. I am not down on the company, just a realist as to the negative markets which generally sink most ships. AXAS will be a super long term buy near 3 or lower. HK is consolidating and I think it will be a good buy under 3.60. As for my 1 day trade, not going to be what I was hoping for.
Nice pump..only 400 shares have traded as of 8:42 and spread between ask and bid is .16 so price to sell is almost the same as yesterdays close. With the markets correcting I see $3 today. My 10000 share bet will be a losing one I am afraid.
Are you an idiot? What is the difference if they make .03 or zero? If this stock price was based on earnings it would be a .50 stock. Sell your 100 shares and move on.
Is this a trade or long term hold? I am looking at a much lower price as a shorter term trade. If I could get 10000 shares at 3.60, I would hope to sell them around 4.60. I would be willing to hold for 6 months if the stock was making small incremental gains over that period. If it shot up on some fake rumor I would sell on the rumor. I tend to be flexible on my trading stocks. I went long on SMSI sold and went short all over a 30 day period. I was short for one day. I still have my SD shares at a cost that I will probably never recoup, 10,50.
Hi Doug...agree the 3.93 area is short term bottom.. As I posted earlier, I would love to see the 3.60 area for my buy point. Have plenty all ready but 3.60 might be a gift. If I do not get there then no big deal.
The trend is not your friend. Since everyone agrees that HK is a long term play, Any believer in the story should be very happy to buy more at cheaper prices. Assuming no headlines from the company, there is not much mojo behind the oil patch stocks as long as oil and NG prices consolidate. As several posters have mentioned, there are a number of stocks in the sector to watch and the trick will be to pick the right one at For me, the jury is still out on both issues but mainly, prices are still to high. Of course, I am speaking from a medium term trading time frame so I want rock bottom prices to enter. If you are buying as a longer term investment then the entry price is not as critical.
In the short term I would sure like to see 3.60-3.70 area. I would most likely reload unless I find another stock lying in the weeds. Missed your BLDP and I thought about AXAS again but their production report going forward did not excite me. I do like SD's chart but I have that in my IRA along with HK. GDP might be worth watching and I always watch SMSI but it is way overpriced at the moment. RIG is worth watching for second half of year along with NOV. Have you ever looked at DWSN or CJES?
Actually, I had to go the grocery store this morning. Now I have to go get my shovel back out because we are expecting more snow. I guess mother nature wants to break the all time record for the Detroit area.
With oil prices expected to retreat slightly, the psychology of buying oil commodity stocks generally becomes negative so I would expect most of the stocks in this sector to decline over the next few weeks. Chart wise, SD looks like the one to have the best move after the consolidation. Wish I would had followed Frac's suggestion of BLDP. Talk about a bubble forming.
Based on their production report for the quarter I think the results will be in line and a non event. Like HK and SD, AXAS needs to dramatically increase boe/day for the stock price to see substantial gains. Read up on CRZO and you will see what it takes.